VN Ren'Py Andromeda Six [v7.1] [Wanderlust Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Right because the overwhelming majority of the VN market doesn't cater to them in the first place or anything. :rolleyes:
On the bright side I see gay/female players usually get better art and more fresh premises (We stuck with young boy wanna bang family derivatives).
Anyways if straight male players are getting next to nothing then why bother throwing them scraps?

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
On the bright side I see gay/female players usually get better art and more fresh premises (We stuck with young boy wanna bang family derivatives).
*shrug* The target audience seems willing to keep buying low-effort cash-grab hackjobs, so. Most devs don't have the kind of creative ambition to invest more time and effort than necessary, all the more so as given most of that selfsame target audience seems to have their standards locked at "hurr durr sluts" that'd be throwing pearls before swine anyway.
Anyways if straight male players are getting next to nothing then why bother throwing them scraps?
Why *not*? Plus if you're already making the effort to have both male and female MCs and love interests of both sexes (ie. covering both the otome, fujo and yuri niches) it really becomes pretty trivial to add MxF content to cover all the bases.

Not sure why you sound like you'd rather have them left completely out either.

Quality over quantity friend. Most aren't exactly good, at all. Most are not even ok.
See above regarding what the market is cheerfully willing to keep buying. Also not even remotely the point, and the average otome/yaoi/yuri work isn't exactly a bastion of originality and high writing either so yeah.

Oct 26, 2017
If only developers could take some ideas from legendary games like Snatcher, ideas like gameplay,story etc. Snatcher is a one-of-a-kind Visual Novel(VN) game that really stands out from the other VNs games. The freedom of choice, how you can branch conversation topics, finding clues and so on.l really thought l wasn't playing a VN game at all, it was like, a different kind of game.

Of course, l am not saying bad things about the game here but it seems like every VN here is the same.A weak and really unlikeable protagonist who others don't recognise as a male or a female,characters that can be romanced regardless of gender which makes said characters feel the same and not unique( which is boring), unlikeable supporting characters who are only there to just annoy you and make you skip big chunks of text just to get out of that torture, NO FREEDOM OF CHOICE, you got 2-3 choices and only that. You can't even look at a character in order to hear possible thoughts from your protagonist for that said character, can't make small talk, no memorable moments nor any memorable music. l can continue on and on but that's the pattern l see,l say, people should go and be bolder with their games as well as make them unique.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
*shrug* The target audience seems willing to keep buying low-effort cash-grab hackjobs, so. Most devs don't have the kind of creative ambition to invest more time and effort than necessary, all the more so as given most of that selfsame target audience seems to have their standards locked at "hurr durr sluts" that'd be throwing pearls before swine anyway.

Why *not*? Plus if you're already making the effort to have both male and female MCs and love interests of both sexes (ie. covering both the otome, fujo and yuri niches) it really becomes pretty trivial to add MxF content to cover all the bases.

Not sure why you sound like you'd rather have them left completely out either.

See above regarding what the market is cheerfully willing to keep buying. Also not even remotely the point, and the average otome/yaoi/yuri work isn't exactly a bastion of originality and high writing either so yeah.
Heh I dont see the point. Most straight male players (Lesbians too) will likely avoid it because it only has one or 2 female choices and give lese content to gay/straight female players.
Just seems like a lose/lose situation.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Heh I dont see the point. Most straight male players (Lesbians too) will likely avoid it because it only has one or 2 female choices and give lese content to gay/straight female players.
Just seems like a lose/lose situation.
youropinionman.jpg

And given that earlier it rather sounded like you think girl-on-girl doesn't have Hell of an appeal to the straight male demographic (HAHAHA) I don't really see much reason to trust your business sense here, just sayin'. :whistle:

Reactions: justcuriousyouknow

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
View attachment 708115

And given that earlier it rather sounded like you think girl-on-girl doesn't have Hell of an appeal to the straight male demographic (HAHAHA) I don't really see much reason to trust your business sense here, just sayin'. :whistle:
Lesbian is okay if its getting a threesome with a male protag joining in. Sadly the only other female is the player so meh.

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
I see but as I said when there is usually a game that tries to appeal to "everyone" for some reason straight male players often are getting the short end of the stick. Regardless of the devs background.
Can only think of England Exchange or some winter wolf games as exceptions.
Its just so tiresome...
While the options presented might appear to appeal to "everyone", I believe this game will really appeal to mostly a female audience. While its true that you can choose to be a male protagonist, the writing is really geared for women. And uh, it really shows at the start of the game actually.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
First off: You don't seem to remember anything, and second, you just met this person. It doesn't make sense to me how you're suddenly being geared to fall for this guy.

Aaaand there's the obligatory weird trope where you are literally falling for the guy you just met. Also, the writing is as I expected. It's more of a projection of a romantic fantasy than a story set to be a fantasy romance. While not clear at first, if you try and catch it you'll notice that its written to tell you straight up what you are feeling than what you feel.

Take for example:
Could definitely written instead as: "The callouses on his fingers made his skin feel rough, but his touch is gentle." The original way its written makes the scenario seem more "romantic" or fantastical - and it continues to be written that way for the rest of the time I played it.

So far I'm not falling in love with it. The writing certainly isn't the best but the setting and characters are at least somewhat interesting. I might finish it up just to see if it has any redeeming qualities.

Last edited:

Bogojisem

Oct 24, 2019
I hate doormat MCs so I'll skip this one.

On the bright side I see gay/female players usually get better art and more fresh premises
Not really. Gay content has it's own annoying tropes we're stuck with. Weird sissy stuff, cringe yaoi marketed toward fujos(this game might fit in this category as a male mc going by nitobe-san's description), you're screwed if you don't like furry because half of everything seems to be furry or anthro, etc. Trust me, we're not that much better off in terms of recycled concepts. I do think you're right about gay games getting better art, though that's probably just me being biased.

Last edited:

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
well i like the story and artwork.
MC is not stupid, but sheltered instead.
but one thing i have to say, they opened the can of worms too early, should have build it up instead.

Reactions: pokey

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
At the moment, I like this game! - I look forward to continuing this game!

Reactions: pokey
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes