VN Ren'Py Andromeda Six [v7.1] [Wanderlust Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Oh no, the other two DLCs were released a long time ago, before the episode 6. Not sure when exactly, but
And I just downloaded the file that _/Abyss\_ posted, then extracted it and played the DLC.
The other two DLCs are also short, but they're at least interesting and you get to see a new side of characters. You can find links for both DLCs here in this post, with the main game (linked as Side Stories).

But this third DLC (Birthday Surprise) is really bad, like... You can't even see the personalities of the characters (that we all came to love) in these brief and kinda empty interactions...And then nothing really interesting happens. Does this DLC really cost $5? Like, there are (complete) short VNs out there that cost $1-2 and you get amazing story for the price. If they put a $5 price on this, then seriously...
Oh, I thought those are stand-alongs, didn't realise they are DLCs.
I mean, people charging way more than way less... It's not a good look on this dev team, but they are not along. :(
When all options on the market have the same morality, what can you do?

I know what I'd do, I visit F95 :p

pr83

May 5, 2017
Apparently there is an +18 patch for this. Can anyone confirm? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

StrayGege

Aug 24, 2022
Apparently there is an +18 patch for this. Can anyone confirm? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
No, there isn't (as far as I know), but devs mentioned once on their Discord (like, a bit more than a year ago I think) that they will release a NSFW DLC after one of the episodes. I can't remember for sure which episode they said it'll be, but I think they said it'll be AFTER 7th or 8th episode.

I've also asked them back then (though I'm not sure if I asked this on discord or on their tumblr profile) if the NSWF content will be different for male and female characters. I've played some games where you can choose your character's gender, but the sex scenes were so vague and I honestly felt like my character could easily be a girl (which was super frustrating for me). So I said something along the lines "please, make content where it's clear my character is a guy in MxM intimate scenes" and they answered something along the lines of doing that and that there will be content for MxF, FxF and MxM.

Now, I don't know if they will stick to it, but I hope they will...

_/Abyss\_

Feb 19, 2021
I'm pretty sure they said it was to be released after the 7th chapter. They also said it would only be available for $15 patrons and above, if I'm not wrong. (Expensive af in my currency)
I just hope it isn't like this one, short and rushed, with just the bare minimum variation for each route.

pr83

May 5, 2017
Will have to see if they keep that on the table that far into development, people always go back on their words for various reasons. But damn there are way more male love interests in this one than female, even if such a content update becomes a reality ppl who are interested in mxf or fxf will get the short end of the stick.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
So this game is still in development? V6.0 means "Chapter 6 finished"? (How many Chapters they planned).
I thought since they are selling DLCs the game is finished lol.

_/Abyss\_

Feb 19, 2021
It's still in development, with the original (and only, as far as i know) plan being on having 10 chapters

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Will have to see if they keep that on the table that far into development, people always go back on their words for various reasons. But damn there are way more male love interests in this one than female, even if such a content update becomes a reality ppl who are interested in mxf or fxf will get the short end of the stick.
They could offer 3 versions of the nsfw dlc, one with only the fxf and mxf scenes (cheapest), one with only the mxm and fxm scenes (a bit more expensive), and one with all of them (full price). Or just release each character route separately and people can buy the ones they want, although often when companies do this they charge some stupidly expensive price.
At least that way people who have no intention to play certain gender routes won't have to pay for them.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Or they could just, y'know, not go onto those routes in the first place.
That's... completely beside the point - we're not talking about what they would or wouldn't play but whether it's worth the price when it offers you less.
If there's an add-on focused purely around a date and sexual encounter, and only 2 of the seven dates/encounters even fit what you're attracted to (in this case, females), than paying the same as someone who's interest in 5 (males), or all 7 (female and male) is far less justified. I wouldn't feel much incentive to support a dev paying $15 for 2 routes when others are getting 5 or 7 for the same price; unless the writing and characters were something incredibly special, and I personally don't think this is.

(Also, I'm not talking about a full game, where you could get enough out of the story itself to have less romance options and still feel content with what you get for the price.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RNDM

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
That's... completely beside the point - we're not talking about what they would or wouldn't play but whether it's worth the price when it offers you less.
If there's an add-on focused purely around a date and sexual encounter, and only 2 of the seven dates/encounters even fit what you're attracted to (in this case, females), than paying the same as someone who's interest in 5 (males), or all 7 (female and male) is far less justified. I wouldn't feel much incentive to support a dev paying $15 for 2 routes when others are getting 5 or 7 for the same price; unless the writing and characters were something incredibly special, and I personally don't think this is.

(Also, I'm not talking about a full game, where you could get enough out of the story itself to have less romance options and still feel content with what you get for the price.)
Not sure what you are about here.
Cutting contents for different pay tiers will also become messy very soon.
Remember when we are starting to get unfinished games cuz they cut original contents and sell us back as DLCs?
The idea of "pay for what you wanna see" is good, but it's super exploitable since there's no regulation. Not to mention there's not a single instance game dev stay diligent on this matter for all I can recall.

Also, As soon as you start to differentiate price tags for different contents, it'll go out of hand straight. How do you justify your tags?
For example, Why fxf and mxf scenes should be cheapest?
They could offer 3 versions of the nsfw dlc, one with only the fxf and mxf scenes (cheapest), one with only the mxm and fxm scenes (a bit more expensive)

Last edited:

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018

The TL;DR of this seems to boil down to you desiring devs should start sinking their games into the morass of probably rather bug-prone and labour-intensive but certainly ethically dubious DLC hell for what read like utterly spurious reasons.

Because that's what the game industry needs MOAR of amirite?

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Also, As soon as you start to differentiate price tags for different contents, it'll go out of hand straight. How do you justify your tags?
For example, Why fxf and mxf scenes should be cheapest?
...I would have thought that was pretty obvious - because there's 2 female characters to romance (so 2 routes) verses the 5 male characters you can romance (5 routes), hence why you'd pay less for the female content verses the male.

The TL;DR of this seems to boil down to you desiring devs should start sinking their games into the morass of probably rather bug-prone and labour-intensive but certainly ethically dubious DLC hell for what read like utterly spurious reasons.

Because that's what the game industry needs MOAR of amirite?
First, there are already multiple romance games that allow you to pay for only the romance routes you want (and not just in the app store), if you don't want to buy the entire game or wait for all the routes to be completed. Second, none of the ones I've personally played have suffered for this; on the contrary, it often meant there was a great focus on each individual character as the devs developed it, rather than some romanceable characters getting a major focus while others became less important.

Also, I'd argue that it's already 'utterly spurious' to create a nsfw dlc with a sex scene for each character where everyone has to pay the same price despite not getting the same bang for your buck if you have a preference for one gender over another. And again, I stress this is specifically for a DLC which is purely based around that very fact, where you're literally paying for the sex scenes you want, NOT for an entire game.

Reactions: Jiffie

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
...I would have thought that was pretty obvious - because there's 2 female characters to romance (so 2 routes) verses the 5 male characters you can romance (5 routes), hence why you'd pay less for the female content verses the male.

First, there are already multiple romance games that allow you to pay for only the romance routes you want (and not just in the app store), if you don't want to buy the entire game or wait for all the routes to be completed. Second, none of the ones I've personally played have suffered for this; on the contrary, it often meant there was a great focus on each individual character as the devs developed it, rather than some romanceable characters getting a major focus while others became less important.

Also, I'd argue that it's already 'utterly spurious' to create a nsfw dlc with a sex scene for each character where everyone has to pay the same price despite not getting the same bang for your buck if you have a preference for one gender over another. And again, I stress this is specifically for a DLC which is purely based around that very fact, where you're literally paying for the sex scenes you want, NOT for an entire game.
I second this notion, I didn't want to throw my pony into this mix, mainly because I'm not going to pay for shit, so I'm not concerned, but I get where you're coming from. This very conundrum is what turned me into a pirate in the first place.

I've played many... many VNs, and I notice a trend of making the LIs on a "significance" scale; I don't know what this would be called, so allow me to explain: You know games that give you a character route order (even the ones that say there's none, maybe even "recommend" one still?)? The way I play games, I only choose literally 1 LI to play not on purpose, but because I have a... specific type, and usually the only LI I choose is the only one that meet that requirement for me, so I always thought it was ludicrous to drop 30$$$ on a game, that's providing 7 love interest, when I'm only going to play with 1. ever.

Now, let's loop that "significance scale" back in; maybe developers don't notice they're doing it, but when they make these "route orders", they clearly feed more and better content into one character than the other. Sometimes I have been lucky, and my chosen LI have been the "most significant" LI (the one that's last in the rout order), but sometimes I have not been; this matters because in my youth (me buying VNs), I've actually tried to "play everything", and I've notice that many of the first few LIs in this "route order" was severely lacking, often creating what looked like a 10 min game, worth 5$ that I've dropped 30+$$$ on and was promised "hours".

Anyways, I'll cut this short, because my point isn't to explain my piracy triggers.

The point is, I'd support buying catered DLC of sexual content that focus not only on a specific LI, but also MC's gender/genitals(whatever this entails, in reality, I'd prefer not to go that deep into micro-transactions, I'd rather buy all content focusing on just one LI entirely, and have the erotica included in that, even if it also include a gender/sexuality I'm not into); both because I can understand how minority sexuality would severely lack in these types of thing (I'm not buying, at any price, for something that is fairly priced to account of every character/sexuality provided, if I'm just going to play with one part; maths don't add up, to me, hence why I pirate VNs in particular).

Of course, I get the concern, this would need several conditions to make sense; one, the content have to be worth its price, two, each scene still has to be created equally (which we know will lack in the first place, because that's just how the cookie crumbles when it comes to developer's content), and, three, how detailed was this erotic content going to be to begin with, to even require separate DLC? (If everyone is getting a "kiss-kiss, finger touch, booty slap, crinkle letter-crinkle letter maybe penetration crinkle letter-crinkle letter" scene, then is it even necessary to distinguish it from LIxF/M?). Obviously this is easy to abuse, obviously if this trends starts, it'll open the floodgate to unscrupulous developers, but is it the best way to fairly sell content...? I think so.

In a perfect world, I'd like to pay for what I play, but in reality, "deals" are lumped together to convince you to pay more (sometimes you can't sell that one thing, not even for a penny), and customizable MCs are notoriously difficult to write erotica for; more work is needed when making multiple LIs and detailed sex scenes for them. Take into account developer's interest, and you're going to find lacking content that isn't worth the price, but you have to buy, anyways, because they lumped all their LIs into one package. I don't blame these shortcuts, I do see it as a "a least we get something!" sort of deal (isn't that what multiple LIs are for?), but in conclusion, I do wish more VNs catered to one LI at a time, and released this content separately. If they did, I just might do a Scrooge and leave the high seas for good! (Joking, fam, my heart is black, I'm too far gone~:giggle:)

Reactions: rottvern

Justiice

Aug 14, 2020
Okay, I don't want to sound mean but... First, I want to say that I like this game and I've been following its updates for few years already, and I think devs have been doing a good job with the setting and story and stuff...

But this DLC kinda sucks man. I liked other two DLCs they released, but this one was quite disappointing. It wasn't really interesting, it was short and the interactions with all the characters were so brief and uninteresting. Depending on which romance route you choose, you get few extra sentences with chosen character... But, even that is so brief and it even feels kinda unnecessary...

I am kinda surprised, because other two DLCs were quite fun.
The reason for the recent content being so lackluster is because one of their better writer just jumped ship ( the other writer gave no explanation/ didn't announced the other writer's departure either so no one knows what happened). And all of the characters the second writer wrote are now being handled by the other writer. I'm personally very disappointment with how things currently are with this vn. I used to love it a lot, even supported the devs financially. Now, it seems that they are just milking it dry with minimal effort put into developing it. Sad.

StrayGege

Aug 24, 2022
The reason for the recent content being so lackluster is because one of their better writer just jumped ship ( the other writer gave no explanation/ didn't announced the other writer's departure either so no one knows what happened). And all of the characters the second writer wrote are now being handled by the other writer. I'm personally very disappointment with how things currently are with this vn. I used to love it a lot, even supported the devs financially. Now, it seems that they are just milking it dry with minimal effort put into developing it. Sad.
Seriously? Do you know which one of them quit? I checked their page on itch and the name of both writers (Nadine and Stephanie) is still there (maybe they still didn't change it).
Do you know maybe who wrote which characters?

But man, no wonder the Birthday update was so bad. Must be tough on the writer to take over all other characters. And the updates have been really slow (one episode per year in the past two years I believe), which I understand as that period was rough for pretty much everyone... but gee, it sure does feel like the story is just dying at this point. Such a pity :(

Justiice

Aug 14, 2020
Seriously? Do you know which one of them quit? I checked their page on itch and the name of both writers (Nadine and Stephanie) is still there (maybe they still didn't change it).
Do you know maybe who wrote which characters?
It's Stephanie the one who left. Her characters were Damon, June and Ayame, so if they come across as ooc or slightly off, now you know why. I wish Nadine would hire another writer or a coder to take on some of the game dev burden, or for her to just be more transparent about how things are. Alas.

Reactions: OxenKing

donorys

Mar 26, 2019
It's Stephanie the one who left. Her characters were Damon, June and Ayame, so if they come across as ooc or slightly off, now you know why. I wish Nadine would hire another writer or a coder to take on some of the game dev burden, or for her to just be more transparent about how things are. Alas.
Oh no... June is my favorite. Guess I should brace myself for some... inconsistency, then

Reactions: OxenKing
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes