VN Ren'Py Abandoned Angel Tower [v0.8] [Scrambled Channel Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
main_menu.png

Overview:
A noir-inspired story of hedonism and debauchery among luxurious penthouses & smoky nightclubs.
On the private floors of Angel Tower exists a world of extravagant wealth. Where the privileged few keep private residences, indulgent harems, & training dungeons. Follow the lives of Malcolm & Ginger as they do what's necessary to survive in world of debauchery.​

Thread Updated: 2021-05-20
Release Date: 2021-01-21
Developer: Scrambled Channel Games - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.8
Language: English
Other Games: Haunting Desires - Sunset Bodies
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - - - -
Linux: - - - - -
Mac: - - - - -

101.png 119.png 152.png 314e.png 321.png 334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
You gotta give the devs, they have vareity, at least from the first look. Three different games, with three different styles and story. Do they stretch themselves too thin? Probably. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Steph, what are you doing here?! :LOL:

If someone does not know who I mean, it's about the woman from Leap of Faith.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris91ck

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Well for a v0.8 its basicly a demo

Barely anything there to play

so better wait for future updates
V0.8 was designed as a Kinetic Novel with visual novel choice-based gameplay added during development.
That release is numbered v0.8 as earlier releases were purely kinetic and weren't ready to finalize Episode 01 at that time.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
V0.8 was designed as a Kinetic Novel with visual novel choice-based gameplay added during development.
That release is numbered v0.8 as earlier releases were purely kinetic and weren't ready to finalize Episode 01 at that time.
How come you don't have a dev tag when you've worked on so many games, lol? Good luck with these new endeavors.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
damn that intro was brutal. not the worst ive seen but still bad.

so ebony fetish huh? i can get behind that.

didnt care for watching some other dude "interact" with a girl that was gonna be MC's at some point though.

honestly a bit hard to say cause i dont know what the target audience is. Harem players? NTR players? trying to do both rarely works out. and the way it is atm id say too graphic for a decent amount of people. so the way it is now will put off alot of people.

it does seem interesting though. just a tad too dark. but again it depends who you're trying to attract.

still im curious to see where it goes but i gotta admit i skipped a bit of the dialogue.

also making the MC's name customizable is always a good thing. some people wont even play if you cant change the name.

good luck dev.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
damn that intro was brutal. not the worst ive seen but still bad.

so ebony fetish huh? i can get behind that.

didnt care for watching some other dude "interact" with a girl that was gonna be MC's at some point though.

honestly a bit hard to say cause i dont know what the target audience is. Harem players? NTR players? trying to do both rarely works out. and the way it is atm id say too graphic for a decent amount of people. so the way it is now will put off alot of people.

it does seem interesting though. just a tad too dark. but again it depends who you're trying to attract.

still im curious to see where it goes but i gotta admit i skipped a bit of the dialogue.

also making the MC's name customizable is always a good thing. some people wont even play if you cant change the name.

good luck dev.
Have you thought that maybe some people just want to tell a story, without targeting "demographics" or "audiences"? Could be what's happening here, and not having customizable names is a part of that... Not everything is a fetish mill, and skipping dialogue kills the point of a lot of VNs.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Have you thought that maybe some people just want to tell a story, without targeting "demographics" or "audiences"? Could be what's happening here, and not having customizable names is a part of that... Not everything is a fetish mill, and skipping dialogue kills the point of a lot of VNs.
true perhaps it is just for the sake of a story but from what i can tell that almost never makes money. Many good games that had great stories ended up being underated and abandoned because well they couldnt get a large enough support because it was more story based that had fetishes all over the place.

According to their patreon they at least believe they should be paid for their work (which i agree) but patreon relies on donations so if you dont make something that will grab an audience dont expect much. if this is more of a passion project then a way to make money then i'll kindly just leave. as i belive they should write the story they want.

and true skipping story could leave you out of the loop of some things. but at the same time there are things i dont care to focus on so i skip. thats just me.

and as for custom names well it cant be denied that it helps. if the default name is important i cant change that. but for me i lose alot of interest and will likely just start skipping at some point for the sex scenes.

again just my opinion/playstyle. whatever dev decides is up to him and i can decide if its still interesting to check out or not.

Edit: also the fact this game has been out almost a day and barely has a page of comments suggests not alot of interest in the first place. its even worse when theres 3 projects goin on.

as for the fetish. ill be honest i might've jumped the gun on that one but im pretty sure MC said something about having an attraction ebony. the fact most of his girls were black might back me up in this but again if im wrong just let me know. and i'll concede and accept its "just coincidence" that all the girls are mostly black. but reagrding that...well not like i care one way or the other.

Final edit: took another look at their patreon. seems they intend to focus more on kinetic novels or at least the story is mostly kinetic. so yeah i'll just leave well enough alone and see what happens from now on.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The previews look interesting and I'm always happy to see more games with non-white people that aren't just lazy caricatures, but I'm mostly holding off because I'm confused by the dev notes. If this is the "prologue" and "episode 1" that is currently being remade I'd rather just wait for that remake to be done before playing, especially if it's currently a kinetic novel that is being remade to have more actual gameplay.

(Nothing wrong with kinetic novels for those that enjoy them ofc, I just have no interest in them myself.)

Reactions: yoyomistro

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
The previews look interesting and I'm always happy to see more games with non-white people that aren't just lazy caricatures, but I'm mostly holding off because I'm confused by the dev notes. If this is the "prologue" and "episode 1" that is currently being remade I'd rather just wait for that remake to be done before playing, especially if it's currently a kinetic novel that is being remade to have more actual gameplay.

(Nothing wrong with kinetic novels for those that enjoy them ofc, I just have no interest in them myself.)
to be fair there are choices it just seems like its a down the line thing and not something you see right away(this demo). in which case yeah i'll have to check the remake

Reactions: gregers
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote