Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Honestly, its sad that some people don't seem to grasp how, when and why write a review.

If you're gonna review an early build of a game, have the mindset that things are gonna be added. Does it really make sense to write a poor review of a game that in your own words, "has potential" because of things that will obviously be added in the next few updates? Why don't just wait a while to see if these problems are adressed? You're just hurting the game's reach before it can even attempt to get off the ground.

Not trying to whiteknight for the dev here, but seriously, a project like this sitting at 3.8 average score rn is pretty ridiculous. Hope people don't feel discouraged to give this a shot because of that, this game deserves a lot of attention

bastorra

Feb 23, 2021
Honestly, its sad that some people don't seem to grasp how, when and why write a review.

If you're gonna review an early build of a game, have the mindset that things are gonna be added. Does it really make sense to write a poor review of a game that in your own words, "has potential" because of things that will obviously be added in the next few updates? Why don't just wait a while to see if these problems are adressed? You're just hurting the game's reach before it can even attempt to get off the ground.
There was an that wasn't a walking simulator. It's confusing and disappointing for the dev to have disappeared for a year, only to come back with a new version that has nothing of what people liked about the first draft.
There was clearly a conscious decision for that version to have been action-oriented, only for this version to be three fetch quests that barely give a feel of how the game actually plays.
If I didn't know there was an early Newgrounds build with actual gameplay, I would have closed the tab because what was in this version did not inspire much confidence.
Maybe there shouldn't be any low scores so far because there's barely any game. There shouldn't be any high scores either not having anything substantial to review swings both ways.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Babus

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Not trying to whiteknight for the dev here, but seriously, a project like this sitting at 3.8 average score rn is pretty ridiculous. Hope people don't feel discouraged to give this a shot because of that, this game deserves a lot of attention
while I do agree what this game deserves a bit more for now, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end and waste my time with something that's basicaly a runaround simulator with some sexy pictures
I mean there's nothing to see for now besides the animations and art...which are cool and all...but I don't think people really care about that stuff when there's no reason to see them.
On the other hand there are people like Grimhelm that just drop the finished product instead of teasing people saying "hey a game is gonna come out of this in 25 years, here's my patreon so you can spend your life savings"

RobThom88

Sep 24, 2021
Probably no point in expecting the Japanese to stop doing it,
but I WISH they would stop gouging out hot naked chicks eye.

I dont even like tattoo's on chicks.
Let alone missing eyes.

• Wow

wrx47

Sep 22, 2020
Really enjoyed playing through this so far. not much h content right now but is a fun game with cool story. Just have one question though Is this going to include any of the stuff from the prototype from last year?

kingkaschte

Mar 30, 2021
while I do agree what this game deserves a bit more for now, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end and waste my time with something that's basicaly a runaround simulator with some sexy pictures
I mean there's nothing to see for now besides the animations and art...which are cool and all...but I don't think people really care about that stuff when there's no reason to see them.
On the other hand there are people like Grimhelm that just drop the finished product instead of teasing people saying "hey a game is gonna come out of this in 25 years, here's my patreon so you can spend your life savings"
i miss grimhelm man
perhaps he's doing another game

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018

Thank you a lot, these are exactly our thoughts! Although, to be honest, those are fair complaints, no matter how polished the first version is, and we already expected them. It happened too with the first version of Legend of the Spirit Orbs but people reconciled with it as more content was added. Overall, the first impressions on Angel Under have been very good, and the main complaint has been "lack of content", which basically translates as "please do more". So we are going to keep working on it!

There was an that wasn't a walking simulator. It's confusing and disappointing for the dev to have disappeared for a year, only to come back with a new version that has nothing of what people liked about the first draft.
There was clearly a conscious decision for that version to have been action-oriented, only for this version to be three fetch quests that barely give a feel of how the game actually plays.
If I didn't know there was an early Newgrounds build with actual gameplay, I would have closed the tab because what was in this version did not inspire much confidence.
Maybe there shouldn't be any low scores so far because there's barely any game. There shouldn't be any high scores either not having anything substantial to review swings both ways.
We plan this game to be action oriented too! In fact, the action part is what we are working on right now. The only reason the 0.1.0 version doesn't have a lot of action (just the bug-killing quest) is because of its cost: the dialogue system, the world building, the UI, the save system (yes it's already on 0.2.0), etc. are time-expensive enough. Yes, that means 8 month-time-expensive! We don't have a lot of experience developing this kind of game, so we've had to learn everything on the way. It's very different to build a small prototype than to build a big, sustainable game where every mistake can snowball to disastrous amounts.

We want to develop an action section that is fairly superior to the prototype's, and in order to do so, we needed to have all the other stuff mentioned above out of the way. Now we can 100% focus on that part for the next version.

Really enjoyed playing through this so far. not much h content right now but is a fun game with cool story. Just have one question though Is this going to include any of the stuff from the prototype from last year?
Not only is it going to include it, we are planning it to be a lot better!

Last edited:

slollll2019

Oct 26, 2019
this game is just incredible, the LISA influence is stellar and LISA is my favorite game of all time. PLEASE tell me this game is still being worked on?

• Red Heart

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
this game is just incredible, the LISA influence is stellar and LISA is my favorite game of all time. PLEASE tell me this game is still being worked on?
Hahaha! I knew someone would appreciate the Lisa references! <3 Yes of course it's still being worked on!

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes