5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
Here's the thing about that. All his VR is behind a Paywall. And yet the camera angles/placement have ended up with some fucked errors. Plus the whole mixing of PoV and 3rd person close ups. Animation's aren't honestly that long, but don't loop so they end up in this very awkward stop which breaks immersion ( when the end isn't zooming in on the dudes ball from the opposite side). Dude is completely apathetic to criticism of is lack of knowledge and understanding of VR content. Meanwhile you have creators who actually know what they are doing, and make the majority of their content freely available. Maybe our definitions of "terrible" are based on different factors.
.... but I wasn't arguing against any of that. I literally opened with "Not defending the stuff you're talking about".

My point was it's more rational to expect VR releases in general to be trash, with exceptions. I agree with your points btw.

Reactions: UsagiSabita

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
Write their names!
Nodusfm - does an amazing job of putting their content in VR.

AneilSzals - Only two animations but they are both like insane!

HentaiVR - can definitely fuck up with their quality control on technical aspects and camera set-up, but in general the do a solid job of bringing a number of Creators content to VR. Original content is lacking in animation skill imo.

DarkDreamsVR - Does similar work of what HentaiVR does regarding bringing various creators work to VR. Significantly better quality control and consistency with camera set-up. Immersion is almost always on point. Original studio content is creative and varied. The lack of voice work in spoken word in the majority of content can be disappointing at times. But it's a difficult line to balance.
Animation quality of original content varies significantly as they work with like 20+ animators.

Furromantic - VR rendering and camera is basically always on point. Animation quality is solid. Unfortunately audio moans are only on like 1/5th (if that) of their scenes, and that does really bring immersion down significantly.

Project Vega - Similar to HentaiVR & DarkDreams, renders the content of other creators in VR for them.
Does a solid job of it. Never feel out of place really. Could use higher resolution & bitrates I think (not that I personally can use the higher res, but I believe it's something they might still not do.

I'd say these are the best that I know of.

*Note* that this is purely based on objective technical aspects, and not on content type

Reactions: Steelfly

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
.... but I wasn't arguing against any of that. I literally opened with "Not defending the stuff you're talking about".

My point was it's more rational to expect VR releases in general to be trash, with exceptions. I agree with your points btw.
Sorry didn't mean to rant at you. I think the thing is is that I don't expect VR content to be Trash, maybe because I'm just accostomed to it not being trash. In the past couple year's I've seen a lot of creators jump on the hype train of VR, but keep the releases behind a Paywall and never have any public previews.
So there's been a large boost in trash VR content.

Reactions: Reyas
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote