VN Ren'Py Completed Aniversario [v1.0] [Tepito Rules]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Morrister

Mar 7, 2019
View attachment 2328027

I'm here to suffer, so (hopefully) you don't have to! Let's see how many sins this game commits, shall we?

Sin 1 - Again, pet peeve of mine, but numbering this numbering initial release as Ver 1.0 shit needs to stop. Nothing says 'I don't have a fucking clue what software development even is' quite as much as a 1.0 initial release.

Sin 2 - Main menu is a cluster fuck of... Portuguese? Spanish? Not exactly great when you need to bumble-fuck your way through various buttons to find the Options and hope there is a language toggle.

Sin 3 - What does the 'star' button do in Ren'Py? Like, I get that this was done with Google and apparently had zero fucking editing or oversight, but how did they get 'start' wrong? Can't be bothered to double check that when they copy-pasted they didn't chop the end of the word off?

View attachment 2328040

Sin 4 - Complete lack of punctuation. This one is starting to become a recurring theme, no? I know that other languages might have different usage of various punctuation marks, but the period is pretty universal; and it is nearly universally missing from this game.

Sin 5 - Misgendered pronouns galore. Yep, the unintentional hilarity ensues as you cannot take any scene seriously when all of the disgustingly male cast are referred to by feminine pronouns. But hey, if they're supposed to be transgender, then my bad; but the game needs a few more tags in the description.

View attachment 2328060

Sin 6 - Some text is entirely untranslated. If we're being honest here, I'm not even sure if this really adds or detracts from the overall experience.

View attachment 2328069

Sin 7 - Game operates on moon-logic. The MC get stuck at work on their wedding anniversary, and you have a series of choices to presumably mitigate the damage of being late to your anniversary dinner. Both end with 'Dinner is a success', and the game ends shortly thereafter. Now blowing her off and getting the work done seemingly gets you the nearly identical, but 'better' ending. Actually picking all of the options to sacrifice work productivity to apologize to your wife and let her know she is loved? Well that gets you some lewd photos while you're checking your boss' social media on the way to dinner, cause that's something the MC does for some fucking reason. This is clearly the 'lewd' branch (that'll probably lead to NTR), and you get on it for being MORE attentive to your wife. Fucking moon-logic.

View attachment 2328110

Sin 8 - The game is ugly. It just is. It looks like the dev used Daz3D assets with a rendering filter slapped on top, applied a filter later with an image editing program, or otherwise digitally painted overtop of some 3D model renders. Those models are familiar character models I've seen before in other context. While I might give a pass if the dev actually took the time to digitally hand-paint their character art, I still have to dock points for so slavishly adhering to the 3D model base that I can tell they traced a 3D model. Otherwise, just applying a filter alone does not make one a digital artist or illustrator. I don't claim to be a machinima director just because I can open up the nVidia Geforce Experience overlay and apply a paintbrush filter when playing Elden Ring (it does make for a pretty sweet screenshot though).

View attachment 2328103

Sin 9 - Everyone is an ugly bastard. While the game isn't ascetically pleasing overall, the characters still require a special shout-out for being especially bad. Even if you had removed the paintbrush filter, they'd still be ugly as sin. The primary adjective I'd use to describe the MC and their wife would be 'frumpy'. The 'lewd' images you see on your boss' 'social networks' will cause boners to shrivel up and vaginas to dry up and gather dust. Also the dev almost certainly has an undisclosed smoking fetish, given the stogie the wife is munching on at dinner.

Sin 10 - Remember how I said I'd suffer so that you didn't have to?

I lied.

View attachment 2328114

Sorry if this one is a bit shorter, but there just isn't nearly as much meat on the bones here. This one is boring, inept, ugly, and poorly written; but it's not insultingly stupid. It doesn't seem to be as desperate of a pandering cash-grab as my prior deconstructive subject was.

On Sin 5, the character on the left does look pregnant though hahahah

Tepito rules

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2020
first of all this comment is translated by google.

I forgot to put the description, add that the game is finished (hence the version 1.0 thing), I don't plan to continue the story. the idea was to make a short story because my time is short. I will try to add the description to the game completed label, I will also try to make a version for android.

These days I'll start with another short story, I'm not interested and I'm not ready for a long story either. these stories, including the current one, will seek to have ntr in all their endings except one, that is, the challenge will be to find the ending without ntr.

Sgt028

Dec 17, 2020

I forgot to put the description, add that the game is finished (hence the version 1.0 thing), I don't plan to continue the story. the idea was to make a short story because my time is short. I will try to add the description to the game completed label, I will also try to make a version for android.

These days I'll start with another short story, I'm not interested and I'm not ready for a long story either. these stories, including the current one, will seek to have ntr in all their endings except one, that is, the challenge will be to find the ending without ntr.
PLEASE! We need a Android version!!

krakr

Resident Drunk
Donor
Jun 25, 2017
EvolutionKills and Joeburqa , thx for entertaining me far more than this game ever would. I gotta agree with EvolutionKills here though & maybe it's because I'm old as fuck & been PC gaming since the '80's, but version #s matter especially here where almost everything is in dev. I see a date as a version #, I know nothing unless I'm already familiar with the game. Then I have to check view counts, reviews....... all the stuff a simple decimal # based on 100% could tell me right away. Pre Internet you couldn't release a game on CD with Bugs, there was no way to patch that shit. That's why everything released before XBox live & shit was complete & Devs had the breathing room to complete a project instead of half-assing it & sending out patches.

Reactions: EvolutionKills

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022

why ddint you finish your last wok?

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote