VN Ren'Py Completed Aniversario [v1.0] [Tepito Rules]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Maybe because they don't have a fucking clue what software development is.

Most of these devs are amateurs either doing this for a hobby or to try and make quick cash.

The majority of them have never worked in this field and either don't know or give zero fucks about version numbers.
I mean, do you think I didn't know that already?

Do you not know what a pet peeve is?

I get that it is super petty and pretty inconsequential, hence why I called it a pet peeve. But at the same time it is also indicative of someone dipping their toe into the field and having spent little to no effort to learn about it beforehand. There are plenty of crap games that use a sensible version number, but at least they were paying enough attention to get that part right.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
1674309134877.png

So after a successful anniversary dinner ugly bastard MC's wife awards him the pleasure of eating his boss's cum out of her pussy. Can't get any more NTR than that.

Reactions: ninguemligah

Jackbite

Jan 2, 2018
The Worst Artwork I've EVER seen ( & I've witnessed Many) She is Grotesque It's has to be a wig on a naked mole rat :sick:

• Wow
Reactions: Larry2000

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
"You play as the (ugly Bastard) MC...." Ah when fiction becomes reality.

spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm having a hard time believing Tepito actually rules.
Considering this game, Tepito is nightmarish place; a spot to avoid at all cost.
It's a shame, because I really wanted to try Tepito's tacos, but imagine having them served with a suspicious white salsa and not knowing if it might be...
Yuck! No, gracias, por ahora creo que no me verás por Tepito. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Larry2000

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
Sin 1 - Again, pet peeve of mine, but numbering this numbering initial release as Ver 1.0 shit needs to stop. Nothing says 'I don't have a fucking clue what software development even is' quite as much as a 1.0 initial release.
got to here, stopped reading, because youre wrong. a. it doesnt fucking matter. b. youre still wrong. 1.2.3. 1, major release, 2, minor update, 3, bugfix/patch. want to argue this isnt a major release, but a minor one? different story. want to argue that nothing can be a 1.0 until its fully complete due to your limited knowledge of software development? back to the stone age with you bud. if you want to go check it out, there are a dozen articles on the internet agreeing with me. and probably 10 times that disagreeing with me. and most of those disagree with each other as well. because there is no set standard. only recommendations. a developer is free to use their own versioning system if they like. or call it fishrelease7, broomupdate4, etc. if they like. which brings me full circle back to a. it doesnt fucking matter.

tell me you dont know anything about software development without telling me you dont know anything about software development.
"Sin 1 - Again, pet peeve of mine, but numbering this numbering initial release as Ver 1.0 shit needs to stop. Nothing says 'I don't have a fucking clue what software development even is' quite as much as a 1.0 initial release."

good day gentlemen.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
got to here, stopped reading, because youre wrong. a. it doesnt fucking matter. b. youre still wrong. 1.2.3. 1, major release, 2, minor update, 3, bugfix/patch. want to argue this isnt a major release, but a minor one? different story. want to argue that nothing can be a 1.0 until its fully complete due to your limited knowledge of software development? back to the stone age with you bud. if you want to go check it out, there are a dozen articles on the internet agreeing with me. and probably 10 times that disagreeing with me. and most of those disagree with each other as well. because there is no set standard. only recommendations. a developer is free to use their own versioning system if they like. or call it fishrelease7, broomupdate4, etc. if they like. which brings me full circle back to a. it doesnt fucking matter.

tell me you dont know anything about software development without telling me you dont know anything about software development.
"Sin 1 - Again, pet peeve of mine, but numbering this numbering initial release as Ver 1.0 shit needs to stop. Nothing says 'I don't have a fucking clue what software development even is' quite as much as a 1.0 initial release."

good day gentlemen.
Wow, so that's a second person that needs to learn what pet peeve means.

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
Wow, so that's a second person that needs to learn what pet peeve means.
so why do other people need to stop doing something perfectly reasonable just because it bothers you? and just because it bothers you, why does that mean they dont know anything about something you know nothing about? doesnt sound like you think its just a pet peeve.....

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
so why do other people need to stop doing something perfectly reasonable just because it bothers you? and just because it bothers you, why does that mean they dont know anything about something you know nothing about? doesnt sound like you think its just a pet peeve.....
I don't know, maybe because it's just one thing on top of a literal iceberg of shit that this game is? Maybe because while other numbering conventions might be acceptable in other fields of software, but for video-games specifically (of which this title supposedly is), they adhere to the numbering structure I alluded to. The industry leaders of AAA games don't release demos numbered Ver 1.0, and browsing the sea of Early Access titles on Steam (games that have yet to reach a 'final' content complete launch) are awash with titles numbered 0.xxx, because those devs know and are following the norms of game development. The norm is not a law (some use a dated version structure, also acceptable, and also not used here), you don't have to adhere to it, but not doing so belies ignorance of the norms; and that's never a good look. It is a lack of attention to detail, and in the grand scheme of things, one of the game's smallest problems; hence why it is a pet peeve.

Also maybe someone who can't be bothered to remember to capitalize their own sentences, forgets apostrophes, and can't use an ellipsis properly, doesn't have the grounds to give me shit about my hyperbolic-for-entertainment shit posting? Just a thought.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Joeburqa
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote