• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Tbh with the comma scenes i think the chance for an open relationship path is a bit gone, but honestly what I would have liked was for Anna to go "well, I love Andrew, but I also want to fuck half the city" and idk, maybe she sets Andrew up with Emily or smth and then goes "see how nice it is to have fun with other people?", and have a path where Andrew is not some pathetic fool who has to "compete" for Anna, but a supporting boyfriend who loves her and is happy to be in a relationship where they love each other and fuck everyone they want.
Until relatively recently, Andrew was never going to have a 'renaissance route'. Anna was going to fuck half the city, without him ever suspecting, right up until near the end of the game, when Anna would realise she didn't love him any more, and she'd dump him and move onto another relationship. But then a lot of patrons decided they hated Andrew so much, they couldn't wait that long. They wanted him out of the game, and suggested Deep kill him off, like he did with Jeremy. Which was a bit of a problem, because Anna can't be a cheating slut, if she's got nobody to cheat on.

So Deep decided to have Andrew shot and in a coma for multiple updates. This meant he was still technically in the game, but he didn't have to create any content for Andrew, that would make people hate him any further. In fact the only content we've had with Andrew since then, has looked back to an earlier Andrew, and has tried to give reasons why he became such an unlikeable person. I think there'll be more of this in the future, and it will create the foundations for his 'renaissance route', when Andrew will be reinvented as the kind of person Anna might be tempted to stay with.

I think what has changed, is the acknowledgement that Andrew was kind of set-up as the fall guy in this game, in a not exactly brilliant way. And Deep and Awake want to make the game more realistic, and giving Andrew a chance of some kind of comeback, is one way of achieving this, by showing that Andrew can be more than just a stereotypical pathetic loser.

If you don't eventually choose the 'renaissance route' he still can be a pathetic loser though. So don't worry, if you hate Andrew, you'll still be able to get rid of him. And no doubt witness his subsequent meltdown, which will probably involve lots of drunkeness and gambling away what little money he still has.

I just can't see a 'renaissance route' happening, if it doesn't involve an open relationship. Mainly because of time constraints. It's just the easiest way to include other content on that route. Otherwise the 'renaissance route' will have very little content compared to the others.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Why do you want Timothy to get a makeover. isn't his whole "ugly" akward nerd thing the whole point of his character?
Forgot to answer you, sry. Timothy‘s point is, I would say, the nerdy geek, the youngster and the caring good guy. These are his parts in my opinion. but ugly? I would say less attractive but not ugly which never bothered me the first years but after a while and playing other games with similar characters I noticed that Deep tend to make most characters not really ugly or really old.
For an ugly geek he should be way more chubby, maybe even small and with glasses and either a big nose or big ears and pimples on his face. That’s what bothers me personally year after year more and more. Timothy is the only geek guy and yet he still looks not hot but handsome with a resolve small belly, being relative tall and with a soft quite ordinary face. But again he is not the only character who should be updated to fit his character and niche more (especially as long as there are no similar other characters) like also Alfred. For his age he looks still quite „handsome“ and fit and still has a quite young looking body (which caught my eye after I played other games/comics with creators who really made bodies of old guys old and wrinkly) also there is no character with white hat and beard yet which would fit Alfred well in my opinion.

Long story short:
my suggestion would be to make certain bigger characters more characteristic for their character, age etc. aka more stereotype and prominent.
timothy: slightly chubbier, a bit smaller, less groomed hair, bigger nose, pimples /red spots on the skin
Alfred: hair can be still brownish cause it’s very plausible he colours his white or grey hair to not look to old but hey should have more wrinkles face and body wise more age spots and a groomed mustache which is not colorised to show a part of his true age and also shows he is a different generation.

For Timothy it might be too late now (still possible to introduce a similar looking friend of him) but Alfred is still very possible for a small makeover cause you could put it perfectly into the story since ppl his age make quicker jumps in looks (age visually quicker) and he could grow a mustache for good old times sake like… Vegeta tried out growing a mustache in a certain period of this time. Alfred is a gentleman and has a flexible attitude/lifestyle what would fit better than trying things out and let him look even more old gentleman?
But I already gave Deep these ideas/constructive criticism and he never reacted to it.

Reactions: Echbert

Xrough

Oct 27, 2018
Any idea how to fix the resolution of image?!! the right side is hidden in both windowed or full screen mod..

Untitled.jpg

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Aswell as hobo I assume
I'm fairly certain there'll be more content with Benjamin, now that he's been linked to Anna's investigation into Earl's past. As a hobo, Benjamin has intimate knowledge of the murkier side of Sun City, which is probably where Anna will have to go to dig up dirt on Earl.

Reactions: Pogo123

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Why do you want Timothy to get a makeover. isn't his whole "ugly" akward nerd thing the whole point of his character?
Timothy won't necessarily get a makeover. But the assumption is, that he will still change as the game progresses. He recently told Anna that he'd started working out at the Gym, so I guess that he may become a little less chubbier in future updates and more toned. And with his growing confidence, he may eventually change the way he dresses, if only to impress Anna.

Personally, I wouldn't describe Timothy as 'ugly' anyway. He's overweight maybe, but that doesn't make him ugly.

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Havnt played it in awhile, is Anna’s traitor boyfriend still in the hospital or did they kill him?
what about boyfriends old man, is he still living at her apartment or did Sergei whack him?

4.00 star(s) 132 Votes