kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
It could just be me but a quality of life update I would seriously recommend would be to make the markers for changing location larger or more easily clickable. The amount of times I've went to click the stairs to go down only to instead click to head towards the gym boils my piss.

Reactions: Zenae

vusun123

Sep 13, 2017
The devs are currently streaming to fix any bugs this version has, if you have any problems hit the discord server

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
So I see incest tag but I hear there is no incest in this game plus the description is weird, so is there incest or not?

Reactions: Paprika

timewizardstudios

Another Chance VN Developer
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2018
(got this error after seeing the sister character in the bath naked)
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/location.rpy", line 194, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/location.rpy", line 197, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 75, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 76, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 77, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 77, in <module>
File "game/1000_base_game/engine/events.rpy", line 42, in process_event
File "game/1000_base_game/engine/events.rpy", line 27, in process
File "game/1000_base_game/game/quests/act_one.rpy", line 28, in on_quest_guide_act_one
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "1000_base_game/script.rpyc", line 10, in script call
File "1000_base_game/engine/core.rpyc", line 30, in script call
File "1000_base_game/game/roaming.rpyc", line 20, in script
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\MyComputer\Saved Games\AnotherChance-1.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/location.rpy", line 197, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 76, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 77, in execute
File "game/1000_base_game/screens/quest_guide.rpy", line 77, in <module>
File "game/1000_base_game/engine/events.rpy", line 42, in process_event
File "game/1000_base_game/engine/events.rpy", line 27, in process
File "game/1000_base_game/game/quests/act_one.rpy", line 28, in on_quest_guide_act_one
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Another Chance 1.2
Mon Sep 14 20:11:04 2020
```
Good catch on this one, it was an obscure bug we fixed it.

Along with a bunch of other bugs mentioned here and on the Discord.
I'm going to silently push an updated version to the Google Drive links.

Can you guys also please update the tags in the main post, whoever is in charge of that.

Reactions: James Eveleth
Oct 4, 2019
Another release, another restart, another chance to revisit.
Would you care to explain what the point of the energy system is, please? Since the first version I have had no idea what it's supposed to represent and why investigating objects that don't progress quests cost so much energy. I'm really glad I can roll back because I almost feel like I'm getting mechanically punished for reading too much of the lore, even if nothing is time sensitive like the tips & tricks section states. I'm trying to imagine if the game would still be fine if it wasn't there, only had the manual advance time option and I think it would. I'm not criticizing its existence per se, I just don't understand. Still amazing art and writing by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: groove888
Oct 27, 2019
im so frustrated x.x why cant i find anymore money? is 40 the max? i dont even remember where i got it -_- i think one was in home room the other stack of money in the admin wing. anyone got any info on this?

edit: still cant find anymore money and the hints in the phone make it seem like thats all folks. hint - use save editor online and give yourself 10 in each of the strength ect ect stats. (do it early though or you wont be able to. something about 25mb save) deff do some editing b4 day 2. might make your playthrough more enjoyable and also when i first edited my game i didnt think about money so idk if its an option but it would be nice. might take some searching to find there is alot of stats and ppl to edit

Last edited:

timewizardstudios

Another Chance VN Developer
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2018
Another release, another restart, another chance to revisit.
Would you care to explain what the point of the energy system is, please? Since the first version I have had no idea what it's supposed to represent and why investigating objects that don't progress quests cost so much energy. I'm really glad I can roll back because I almost feel like I'm getting mechanically punished for reading too much of the lore, even if nothing is time sensitive like the tips & tricks section states. I'm trying to imagine if the game would still be fine if it wasn't there, only had the manual advance time option and I think it would. I'm not criticizing its existence per se, I just don't understand. Still amazing art and writing by the way.
Spending energy doesn't lock you out of anything you are never punished for spending energy. It just moves the time forward which moves characters around.

SoullessNinty

Jun 25, 2018
Love the art and characters in this game so much. Really excited for it to have more content. Is there a changelog for 1.2?

silentdevil

Aug 14, 2019
It's probably been said somewhere in those 40 pages, but.. "this water has been purified with..." made me chuckle quite a bit.

I hope there is a lot more humour like that in this game.

Reactions: fugazi666
3.80 star(s) 162 Votes