Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Either I'm worse at math than I thought or there's some kinda typo with this equation. The answer Kasu accepts as correct is x = 2, but that's not the solution for the formula as-written. (16 ÷ (30 + 2)) = 0.5, which would make x = 0.125.
Oops :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've fucked that up - the correct answer flag is x=2 - I'll change this in the next update :)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Here I was thinking this was a H-game adaption of the Original Gangster "Another world"... and instead it's some anime...

1692278558122.jpeg

EDIT: oh man, the nostalgia is intense..... I just watched the whole thing, took me right back.

Last edited:

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
The UI is simple and clean, it's nice. And the menu music is sweet too.
Thanks!

The title music is one of my favourite piano pieces I've composed for this game - had it sitting around for quite a while :)

May 1, 2021
Commenting here because someone hasn't made a discord channel (yet) for me to spam with nitpicky feedback, occasional typos/grammar, bugs, ideas and other stuff ;)

While the sound for gaining affection is a new and somewhat nice addition, I can't help but find it sort of awkward when it plays right after a melancholic and/or bittersweet scene, like it's just too upbeat if you ask me.

It would also be nice if the music player displayed the author. I can see it would take too much space right next to the list of songs, so perhaps including at the name of the song beneath "now playing".

hope you're having a great time making this, I'll be looking forward to future updates!

May 1, 2021
1692310806829.png
During this scene, Kirei changed facial expression 12 times (granted, there were only like 4 different ones, but just to see changes always bring life to the characters), while Arvin only does so once.

Could I ever so humbly ask for just a few more expressions to our dear MC? I know the girls are (and should be) the focus, but I'm merely asking for a lifted eyebrow for the questioning. Perhaps a change of where he's looking, if you're feeling extra fancy today ;) .

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Commenting here because someone hasn't made a discord channel (yet) for me to spam with nitpicky feedback, occasional typos/grammar, bugs, ideas and other stuff ;)

While the sound for gaining affection is a new and somewhat nice addition, I can't help but find it sort of awkward when it plays right after a melancholic and/or bittersweet scene, like it's just too upbeat if you ask me.

It would also be nice if the music player displayed the author. I can see it would take too much space right next to the list of songs, so perhaps including at the name of the song beneath "now playing".

hope you're having a great time making this, I'll be looking forward to future updates!
I'll have a look at making an alt affection sound for sadder scenes - I get what you mean about the immersion breaking with this one :)

Making a discord is a shout - not sure where to get started but I'll def consider it :)

Reactions: A_dude_with_a_dick

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
If you ultimately decide to include a harem ending, I'll most likely try the game.

Until then I guess I can only wish you luck and get out.
Be sure to check back - as I said I'm really not sure where I want the narrative to fully cumulate as of yet. If a harem ending is really wanted I can incorporate one, but don't want to tie myself to something so early that could potentially shoot myself in the foot, y'know? :)

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
View attachment 2859105
During this scene, Kirei changed facial expression 12 times (granted, there were only like 4 different ones, but just to see changes always bring life to the characters), while Arvin only does so once.

Could I ever so humbly ask for just a few more expressions to our dear MC? I know the girls are (and should be) the focus, but I'm merely asking for a lifted eyebrow for the questioning. Perhaps a change of where he's looking, if you're feeling extra fancy today ;) .
YES.

I've noticed this when animating more recent scenes - during the start of development, Arvin really fell flat as a character - so I've recently been trying to make him more relevant in-story rather than just being a bystander. I'm sure using this will help tons :giggle:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Be sure to check back - as I said I'm really not sure where I want the narrative to fully cumulate as of yet. If a harem ending is really wanted I can incorporate one, but don't want to tie myself to something so early that could potentially shoot myself in the foot, y'know? :)
OK I understand. In any case, as I said, for now I have no interest in trying the game. I may come back in the future to see if anything has changed.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
You just have to think of a reason why all the girls would be ok with sharing the mc and if it interferes with or changes your story too much you shouldn't force it. People mostly prefer harems because they don't want to play through a game multiple times.

May 1, 2021
1692343784325.png

I have a hard time believing somebody who's so obsessed with their performance time wouldnot wear a swim cap for all that hair - Let alone wear earrings lmao.

You may argue she is just practicing, but I am still having a hard time believing someone like her would even do it there :p

May 1, 2021
For whatever reason Kasu's last event looks as if it is still locked, even after using "Unlock all unseen events"
It also says "you have completed all available events in this version"in the bottom right corner

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
View attachment 2859621

I have a hard time believing somebody who's so obsessed with their performance time wouldnot wear a swim cap for all that hair - Let alone wear earrings lmao.

You may argue she is just practicing, but I am still having a hard time believing someone like her would even do it there :p
B-but then you wouldn't see the p-pretty girl... :cry:

I'll be sure to think about this when it comes to Natsuki's swim comp she's prepping for :)

Reactions: A_dude_with_a_dick
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes