DrivesYouToObey

Aug 12, 2023
Really nice! Keep it up! I agree with some other comments that it takes too long get to the interactive / decision making part of the game. Anyway, I finished it wanting to play more!

Reactions: Maelstrom507

Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Really nice! Keep it up! I agree with some other comments that it takes too long get to the interactive / decision making part of the game. Anyway, I finished it wanting to play more!
Thanks man!

Yeah it's a little long-winded I guess - but I wanted to try and introduce as many characters as possible before you could actually go and visit them through the day cycle - which I still didn't manage to quite complete o_O

I'm currently about 30-40% of the way done with the next update - expect it out on Subscribestar soon! :)

Cole_Talb

Jun 22, 2018
This game isn't really clicking with me, but I'm about 80% sure that it's my own fault & I'm just not giving it a fair shot because I quit at the math quiz. (I couldn't even be bothered to whip out a calculator.) However I do have a couple complaints.

1.) The start of the game does a poor job at giving me a reason to care about these characters.
2.) The dynamics/interactions between characters feel kind of forced.

Players (tbh it's probably just me) are not going to care just because Arvin does. For example take the scene with Saori right before the Sandbox is introduced, I think it's supposed to be a touching moment but it felt hollow & unearned to me.

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
This game isn't really clicking with me, but I'm about 80% sure that it's my own fault & I'm just not giving it a fair shot because I quit at the math quiz. (I couldn't even be bothered to whip out a calculator.) However I do have a couple complaints.

1.) The start of the game does a poor job at giving me a reason to care about these characters.
2.) The dynamics/interactions between characters feel kind of forced.

Players (tbh it's probably just me) are not going to care just because Arvin does. For example take the scene with Saori right before the Sandbox is introduced, I think it's supposed to be a touching moment but it felt hollow & unearned to me.
Hey dude! Thanks for trying out the game - and I'm sorry if it didn't quite gel with you :(

Truth betold, I rewrote the beginning of the game several times to get it to sit right. Since you're essentially thrown into a world, Arvin has relationships already built with many of the characters (such as Saori) - which made it challenging to demonstrate those connections in the roughly half hour of game play before the sandbox section. Scenes like 'Floating' and 'Leap of Faith' are meant to show how close the two are.

I'd agree it may seem odd to have such a strongly defined relationship so close to the beginning of a game - but I'd argue it's a unique scenario I choose to leverage a little further in the story, and will continue to in the next update.

Thanks for trying it out either way, and thanks for the feedback :)

Reactions: Cole_Talb

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Seems interesting, but I need to know what the dev's planning with that implied lesbian/bisexual stuff. Please do tell all the details you could think so people will know whether to continue playing or not.

I really like the mystery inspired from Lessons in Love games, the lesbian part is the only thing that actively ruined it. I really, really wish of games similar to that kind of mysticism/some plot where there's depression. But somehow there's always lesbian stuff going that really ruins it.

Concrete details of what you're planning to do in the future, is it gonna be a harem? What are the future tags, etc.?

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Seems interesting, but I need to know what the dev's planning with that implied lesbian/bisexual stuff. Please do tell all the details you could think so people will know whether to continue playing or not.

I really like the mystery inspired from Lessons in Love games, the lesbian part is the only thing that actively ruined it. I really, really wish of games similar to that kind of mysticism/some plot where there's depression. But somehow there's always lesbian stuff going that really ruins it.

Concrete details of what you're planning to do in the future, is it gonna be a harem? What are the future tags, etc.?
As of yet, nothing's fully set in stone. Will be either harem or individual character endings, but expect harem-based events down the line.
As of planned lesbian content, expect a little of that.

Will update all applicable tags on the next update within the next couple of weeks :)

DrivesYouToObey

Aug 12, 2023
Thanks man!

Yeah it's a little long-winded I guess - but I wanted to try and introduce as many characters as possible before you could actually go and visit them through the day cycle - which I still didn't manage to quite complete o_O

I'm currently about 30-40% of the way done with the next update - expect it out on Subscribestar soon! :)
I'm no game expert here...but what about setting a little bit of the backstory in a preamble? Not with the characters talking and interacting with you but as introduction and then get a little faster with the sandbox and introducing characters down the line. As I said I'm not a game developer so I wouldn't know if this would work...just my two cents.

TBH I don't mind as it is right now, is just that if you're not hooked somehow right away you might loose interest in the game altogether.

EDIT 1: Already grabbed my signature!
EDIT 2: I'm willing to translate it into Spanish if there's no time pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maelstrom507

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
I'm no game expert here...but what about setting a little bit of the backstory in a preamble? Not with the characters talking and interacting with you but as introduction and then get a little faster with the sandbox and introducing characters down the line. As I said I'm not a game developer so I wouldn't know if this would work...just my two cents.

TBH I don't mind as it is right now, is just that if you're not hooked somehow right away you might loose interest in the game altogether.
In an earlier version of the game I attempted to quickly introduce each character through a short preamble sequence - but it just didn't sit quite right, especially with 10 characters to introduce it was a bit too overwhelming right at the beginning. Had a 'pick your poison' kinda deal, but I'm glad of how it turned out generally. You may see a revamp in the distant future - guess we'll find out :)

EDIT 1: Already grabbed my signature!
Nice! Rin enjoyer :cool:

EDIT 2: I'm willing to translate it into Spanish if there's no time pressure.
That sounds brill! Add me VIA Discord (Should be able to find me through the server) and we can chat about this further! :)

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
The game ended before I can unlock something. What im doing wrong? I need a guide.
As of Version 1.0.0, the trigger of the last main event 'Why Do We Hurt?' automatically brings you to an end-of-development screen. This is because the main story will be continued within the next update. This also means some events may be locked out.

In this case, press the 'Unlock All Seen Events' button on the end-of-current-development screen that shows up after the last event - and this will unlock all unseen events and make them accessible through the in-game menus. If you need to revisit it, load your Autosave and it should be easily accessible from there.

This is just a temporary fix and all events will be fully accessible next update. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Untitled.png

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
So far the game is very dry and boring. Slice of Life story is right as that is all I see.. horror where? This is a very very slow burn.. after an hour I'm like enough.. the story is dry boring slice of life and the horror would of made it interesting but so far I have not seen anything but boring talk about him being sick.

Story: 1/5 (what story if there is one haven't seen it)
Audio: 1/5 (barely even music)
Art: 3/5 (looks average)
MC: (He has girls all wanting to go out with him and he is DULL and BORING)

I don't see anything in this game to keep wanting to play.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Jimito26

Oct 18, 2020
As of Version 1.0.0, the trigger of the last main event 'Why Do We Hurt?' automatically brings you to an end-of-development screen. This is because the main story will be continued within the next update. This also means some events may be locked out.

In this case, press the 'Unlock All Seen Events' button on the end-of-current-development screen that shows up after the last event - and this will unlock all unseen events and make them accessible through the in-game menus. If you need to revisit it, load your Autosave and it should be easily accessible from there.

This is just a temporary fix and all events will be fully accessible next update. Sorry for the confusion! :)

View attachment 2891371
Yeah,I already did that but I cant saw anything like cellphone photos or club interactions. I mean, I didn't found a "replay system" all I can do is to star a new game or load a previous one and none of them let me see the scenes. Waiting for an update tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: AhoyLaddies

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
1_1_0 SUBSCRIBESTAR.png
Hey guys!

I'm proud to announce that Version 1.1.0 is officially released for all Subscribestar members!

If you'd like early access to this update, make sure to join my Subscribestar page for the newest version!

Reactions: DrivesYouToObey

Noburu

Jan 10, 2019
this cook is smelling pretty good
imma let this simmer for a while
*checks file size
hmm... shirley it's fine

Jun 14, 2021
This game looked really interesting to me until I saw the horror tag and the review saying the horror seemed a big part of it. Is that overstating it? Is it more horror than slice of life?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AnotherWorld-1.1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes