Greily

Mar 4, 2018
I think the game is interesting so far and I'm looking forward to it. The visuals and the UI are very nice. Still not sure how I feel about the first impression I had of the game. My only real complaint now that things are moving along is how many instances of white noise are used for scene transitions. It makes me wonder if it means anything or it's just there for...white noise..

I'll keep an eye on this one for sure, Good luck Maelstrom!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maelstrom507

Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Just wanted to say it's been an absolute experience so far, really like the characters (kinda "tropey" at times but i don't necessarily see that as a bad thing).

Edit: Btw, is the Patreon set up right? I can't seem to access it.
Waiting on the Patreon to be approved, it's 'under review' at the moment - only set it up a couple hours ago. Check back in the next day or so and hopefully it'll be fully up, sorry for the delay.

And thanks for the kind words! It means a lot :))

Reactions: mannice431

The Absent

Game Developer
May 7, 2022
Wait! Another another world? I feel a bit nervous, nothing bad would happen if there were 2 games with the same name here, right?

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
just like lesson in love the "dark stuff" are too out of context XD and screw up the immersion (u.u)

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
just like lesson in love the "dark stuff" are too out of context XD and screw up the immersion (u.u)
I've tried my best to make any darker parts narratively cohesive and a bit less goofy than games such as LiL. Is there any way you can think of that wouldn't 'break the immersion' for yourself? Always looking for improvements :))

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
I've tried my best to make any darker parts narratively cohesive and a bit less goofy than games such as LiL. Is there any way you can think of that wouldn't 'break the immersion' for yourself? Always looking for improvements :))
So far it's not bad... but I feel like it's very sudden, cooking the terror a little more would be ideal to give more "discomfort" if that's what you're looking for, I think you played LIL for obvious reasons XD while the dark stuff, don't be as annoying as in LIL, everything will be fine, the "happy events" in LIL you have to look for passwords, solve puzzles, remember things that become very difficult after 200 events and end up being more annoying than causing terror or discomfort, it depends on what you want

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
The game has a great potential to be "mainstream" and I am holding back from downloading it so I can binge it.
I'm glad you think that! Game's roughly 6 hours long at the moment, and I'll be releasing updates roughly every month with about an hour's worth of content (would do more but full-time job :() so keep checking back! :))

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
So far it's not bad... but I feel like it's very sudden, cooking the terror a little more would be ideal to give more "discomfort" if that's what you're looking for, I think you played LIL for obvious reasons XD while the dark stuff, don't be as annoying as in LIL, everything will be fine, the "happy events" in LIL you have to look for passwords, solve puzzles, remember things that become very difficult after 200 events and end up being more annoying than causing terror or discomfort, it depends on what you want
Unpopular opinion but I really liked the puzzles in LiL. Probably won't do them here tho :))

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
Quick question, are some of the nicknames you can get tied to a character's backstory/background? I ask cause of my ringing ears.

• Wow

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Quick question, are some of the nicknames you can get tied to a character's backstory/background? I ask cause of my ringing ears.
... Maybe... Glad I've found someone who found it ;)

Oh, and sorry for the ear damage. Might tone that down a little :)

Reactions: Boardguy
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes