Sep 26, 2018
Having fully played it it's great so far. the menu/UI layout is very clean and i appreciate a built-in hints system (that usually requires a wiki or a mod so kudos there)

I'd make the dark theme the default, and lower the volume on the static-y transition sounds used in some of the dark segments.

Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Any ETA on the next update?
Working on it as we speak - aiming for a monthly update schedule but this may change - had a hectic month so far Will update through the and Supporter websites on progress :))

Reactions: mannice431

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Having fully played it it's great so far. the menu/UI layout is very clean and i appreciate a built-in hints system (that usually requires a wiki or a mod so kudos there)

I'd make the dark theme the default, and lower the volume on the static-y transition sounds used in some of the dark segments.
Thanks for the kind words! I really wanted to make the game as intuitive as possible when it came to UI/hints, so I'm glad they've gone down well!

Adding a light/dark theme button on the main menu and making it a little clearer for the next update :)

For the static transitions, do you think it'd be worth having them on a separate volume slider in the settings so people can adjust accordingly? It's been an idea floating in my head for a while, so may try it (even though it'd be a LOT of work)

Sep 26, 2018
For the static transitions, do you think it'd be worth having them on a separate volume slider in the settings so people can adjust accordingly? It's been an idea floating in my head for a while, so may try it (even though it'd be a LOT of work)
I'm sure people would appreciate that. It's not that it's super loud per-se, they're just louder than anything else (barring the moans)

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Working on it as we speak - aiming for a monthly update schedule but this may change - had a hectic month so far Will update through the and Supporter websites on progress :))
Don't burn yourself out this early in development lol
Regularity often is more favourable over trying to get stuff out quick and changing schedules 5 times a year because life gets in your way, as people will learn to know what to expect. Some will lament anyways, wether you milk out your Patrons like Milfy City or release content punctually every fortnight like the guy from Crimson High.

In other words, find your groove that you are comfortable with and doesn't leave your RL in the dust now and that will leave a more positive dev cycle later down the line. :WeSmart:

Reactions: Maelstrom507

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Don't burn yourself out this early in development lol
Regularity often is more favourable over trying to get stuff out quick and changing schedules 5 times a year because life gets in your way, as people will learn to know what to expect. Some will lament anyways, wether you milk out your Patrons like Milfy City or release content punctually every fortnight like the guy from Crimson High.

In other words, find your groove that you are comfortable with and doesn't leave your RL in the dust now and that will leave a more positive dev cycle later down the line. :WeSmart:
I guess it'll just be a bit of experimenting finding a good work-dev balance, and seeing what I can accomplish regarding development through a specific timeframe. I think a monthly update plan is still viable - as some volume of work will be completed over this period of time - although sizes of updates can then vary upon schedule and such.

Either way, I'm excited to show everything I've got planned down the line, and wish I had all the time in the world to see that to fruition! :)

Reactions: Sirfappington123

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
1_2_0 Sub_Out.png 'Another World' Ver 1.2.0 has just released to all Patreon/Subscribestar members!

Consider joining or for early access!

:)

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
1_2_0 Out.png
1.2.0 is out to the public!

I hope you enjoy this update focused on bringing events to Kasu and Kirei - two under-loved characters in the game so far!
If you'd like early access to any future updates, make sure to join / for the newest updates!

Reactions: notBatman747
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes