Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
It's just gonna keep getting brought up until it gets fixed, yeah it's probably going to be a lot of work. But I'm sure you'll be surprised by the impact something as simple as being able to change the MCs name can make. It would of been slightly less work if it was implemented in this update like this implied.
image.png

Coded in for the next update ;)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Another World [v1.3.0] [Maelstrom] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [277 MB]
- - -

Mac [272 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020

I ended up having to drop this one but I will say the small amount I played is leagues better than the shitty faux deep edgefest that clearly inspired this. I just really dont mesh well with sandboxes I guess. I hope the overall story will be decent and well constructed but the sandbox nature really hurts the games chances (in my useless opinion)

An early but small example that still pulled me out: Kayu says you made a visit to the library "TODAY" (if you have the variable marked) but there is nothing that extends it past "today", for example in my game I did several other events both at school and choosing to go right home after so multiple days have passed., but then im told wait no none of those events happened? I know days have passed in universe because the day counter is going up. Unless this is part of the "spooky stuff that isnt as it seems" it can hamper peoples enjoyment who prefer to get invested in a story.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Personally, the only thing that prevents me from starting the game are the psychological and horror tags that appear in the genre section. In addition to the eighth image. I abandoned LiL right away (at the first scene that was minimally weird), and the eighth image seems like the moment when I will abandone this one if I start it.

I guess that the horror and psycological tags cannot be avoided, am I right?

Reactions: notBatman747

ash14500

Apr 28, 2020
sooo i'm having trouble continuing Nia... stuck on 2/5 and did all the events that are required but haven't been able to move on...

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Oh damn I didn't even notice the game leaked early :(

Is what it is, I guess - will updateitch.io and make sure links are up-to-date :))

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
sooo i'm having trouble continuing Nia... stuck on 2/5 and did all the events that are required but haven't been able to move on...
Affection must be 5 or above, and Art Club E2 should be completed. Have you just started playing this update, or do you have a save carried over from Ver 1.2.0 or prior?

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
I ended up having to drop this one but I will say the small amount I played is leagues better than the shitty faux deep edgefest that clearly inspired this. I just really dont mesh well with sandboxes I guess. I hope the overall story will be decent and well constructed but the sandbox nature really hurts the games chances (in my useless opinion)

An early but small example that still pulled me out: Kayu says you made a visit to the library "TODAY" (if you have the variable marked) but there is nothing that extends it past "today", for example in my game I did several other events both at school and choosing to go right home after so multiple days have passed., but then im told wait no none of those events happened? I know days have passed in universe because the day counter is going up. Unless this is part of the "spooky stuff that isnt as it seems" it can hamper peoples enjoyment who prefer to get invested in a story.
That's absolutely fair - sandboxes aren't for everyone, I suppose.

I've been trying my hardest to ensure continuity carries from event to event, but unfortunately there will be cases where this is missed - and this is obviously one of those. Will fix :))

I'm sorry the game wasn't for you, but thank you for spending the time to give it a go! :))

Reactions: Simpgor

Lexkan

Apr 26, 2022
Compressed Unofficial Android Port [v1.3.0 - 288 MB]

Download:

Android Port By Naxle
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes