Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
That's a shame!

I do have an Android build for the game - but it's pretty untested. Maybe give that a go? :)
I downloaded it yesterday and it did the same thing. I press "Start" and the game crashes about 3 seconds later.
I guess it has something to do with the game trying to use too much memory.

Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
I downloaded it yesterday and it did the same thing. I press "Start" and the game crashes about 3 seconds later.
I guess it has something to do with the game trying to use too much memory.
I'm investigating this further - could you drop me a PM with your device model & OS version?

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Assumed lesbian tag would be for if there were direct lesbian content rather than implied - will update :)

The future plans in regards to relationships between characters will be pretty simple - all main characters will eventually have a romantic connection with the MC in some way or another - some side characters may also be.

Using heartbreak and other narrative devices like that are par for the course for the theme I'm wanting to convey through the game, and adds the 'ups and downs' that make an emotional connection. Also, I seem to find that games that have strictly straight relationships between the MC and each romancible character tend to feel a little one-dimensional - and to avoid any NTR bullshit it's impossible to include any non-female characters romantically.

Just trying to make it feel a little more alive, y'know?
I see. The only thing I can say is that NTR doesn't just mean other mention of guys (Saki's whatever guy) or the appearance of some guy no one cares about. The same thing also applies to girls.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Personally, the only thing that prevents me from starting the game are the psychological and horror tags that appear in the genre section. In addition to the eighth image. I abandoned LiL right away (at the first scene that was minimally weird), and the eighth image seems like the moment when I will abandone this one if I start it.

I guess that the horror and psycological tags cannot be avoided, am I right?
I honestly can't see either being pulled off.. the game is a pure sandbox and does not flow a story. I have ONLY played one sandbox that was able to flow the story by things like I need to go see <so and so> at <destination> or places you need to visit like going to work. This to me is so far a pretty average boring dating sim game but with an awful character tracker as you have no damn idea where you need to go. It's the type of poor man's where do you want to go now and click a button. So the game turns into hours because of lack of finding anything new as you have to keep trying to new areas the next day. I really don't enjoy these random try to find an event game.

So it has great looking characters. I could not get to see a single animation so can't say there because if your not into daily drama stories your going to find the story boring as there is no story it's daily school life drama. I see no way a game with this type of sandbox is going to be able to carry out ANY type of HORROR. One game that pulls this off is Demon of the Hearth as it has actually story hints to carry the story for example I need to meet <girl> at <street name> during day. This has none of that so it will not be able to carry a story at all.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
I honestly can't see either being pulled off.. the game is a pure sandbox and does not flow a story. I have ONLY played one sandbox that was able to flow the story by things like I need to go see <so and so> at <destination> or places you need to visit like going to work. This to me is so far a pretty average boring dating sim game but with an awful character tracker as you have no damn idea where you need to go. It's the type of poor man's where do you want to go now and click a button. So the game turns into hours because of lack of finding anything new as you have to keep trying to new areas the next day. I really don't enjoy these random try to find an event game.

So it has great looking characters. I could not get to see a single animation so can't say there because if your not into daily drama stories your going to find the story boring as there is no story it's daily school life drama. I see no way a game with this type of sandbox is going to be able to carry out ANY type of HORROR. One game that pulls this off is Demon of the Hearth as it has actually story hints to carry the story for example I need to meet <girl> at <street name> during day. This has none of that so it will not be able to carry a story at all.
Hey!

Just wondering if you looked within any of the menus - they have dedicated hints system that explains exactly where you have to go to trigger events, shows any events that are uncompleted, and shows all prerequisite events. I understand sandbox games often have this issue, so I endeavoured to make it as clear as possible through the hints menu. I'm always looking for a way to improve this hint system so any ideas would be great use!

2.png

The game is tagged as 'slice-of-life' - therefore the story is going to be centred around an everyday story. However, this is very much shaken up by the psychological horror scenes and themes which are a centerpoint to the story and narrative (Think DDLC)

I'm sorry to hear that the game didn't gel with you - but thank you for checking it out and taking the time to feedback your thoughts! Always appreciate it :)

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
1_4_0 Subscriber_OutNow.png
Hey guys!

'Another World' Ver 1.4.0 has just released to all Patreon/Subscribestar members!

If you'd like early access to this update, make sure to join either or for the newest version! ;)

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Some characters will be lesbian/bi-curious, yes - I really wanted to steer clear of NTR due to the amount of shit people tend to get for including it - but wanted the game to be a little mroe realistic and complex in nature, hence lesbianism.

Any direct lesbian content (IE sex) will have the option to be skippable, without the player viewing the scene - but unfortunately the themes of lesbian romance will be interwoven between some character's narrative, and all events, seen or otherwise, will be canon.
Welp guess I won't keep pushing on. Damn shame. Good Luck with your game.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
Little bit more info or overview of game, on front page would be good. Need to know what I am getting into

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hey!

Just wondering if you looked within any of the menus - they have dedicated hints system that explains exactly where you have to go to trigger events, shows any events that are uncompleted, and shows all prerequisite events. I understand sandbox games often have this issue, so I endeavoured to make it as clear as possible through the hints menu. I'm always looking for a way to improve this hint system so any ideas would be great use!

View attachment 3208479

The game is tagged as 'slice-of-life' - therefore the story is going to be centred around an everyday story. However, this is very much shaken up by the psychological horror scenes and themes which are a centerpoint to the story and narrative (Think DDLC)

I'm sorry to hear that the game didn't gel with you - but thank you for checking it out and taking the time to feedback your thoughts! Always appreciate it :)
Make a phone UI for the hints in the phone you have stats and hints for what to do next. It needs to be immersive and fit in with the story since it's a Slice of Life a Cell Phone is the best way to handle this. Users don't like to have to go way out of being immersive to locate things. Them characters and Main events in the menu's really detract.

1. Phone UI
2. Girls Affection (make it simple with stats and a next previous button to scroll through the girls enter and back are just bad overall)
3. Girls Affection is also a great place to do hints

This way open phone check contacts (all girls listed click on girl than see there stats about them with hint at bottom and hit next to see next girl)

This keeps it immersive just like a standard real phone you can see the data you entered about the girls that you want to be included.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Make a phone UI for the hints in the phone you have stats and hints for what to do next. It needs to be immersive and fit in with the story since it's a Slice of Life a Cell Phone is the best way to handle this. Users don't like to have to go way out of being immersive to locate things. Them characters and Main events in the menu's really detract.

1. Phone UI
2. Girls Affection (make it simple with stats and a next previous button to scroll through the girls enter and back are just bad overall)
3. Girls Affection is also a great place to do hints

This way open phone check contacts (all girls listed click on girl than see there stats about them with hint at bottom and hit next to see next girl)

This keeps it immersive just like a standard real phone you can see the data you entered about the girls that you want to be included.
I hate to break it to you, but all of your suggestions are already included in the game :LOL: I've attached a step-by-step screenshot of how to navigate it all, but it's pretty self-explanatory, and ticks off almost every point you'd said to include.

how_to_navigate_phone.png

Using the phone button on the quick menu or menu screen, you can pull up the phone. The phone displays various things - most importantly, though, the 'Contacts' list. Through here you can select a character, view their profile, see their affection, and jump to the previous/next character.

This system, combined with the whole-character events system, is surely acceptable, no?

I'll add affection numbers and event completion on the phone's contacts screen - that makes sense.
Hints are shown within events which I think makes perfect sense too - when you're trying to figure out which events to tick off, the hint is right there.
I suppose you might not be entirely happy with the jump out of the phone UI to view all the extra information, but that's a necessary evil when there is more information on the screen, that must be presented clearly.

Reactions: ninjahotsprings

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Assumed lesbian tag would be for if there were direct lesbian content rather than implied - will update :)

The future plans in regards to relationships between characters will be pretty simple - all main characters will eventually have a romantic connection with the MC in some way or another - some side characters may also be.

Using heartbreak and other narrative devices like that are par for the course for the theme I'm wanting to convey through the game, and adds the 'ups and downs' that make an emotional connection. Also, I seem to find that games that have strictly straight relationships between the MC and each romancible character tend to feel a little one-dimensional - and to avoid any NTR bullshit it's impossible to include any non-female characters romantically.

Just trying to make it feel a little more alive, y'know?
A lot of guys will see this a lesbian NTR if any of the girls involved are Li's. I was interested in your game but haven't played it because of the talk about lesbo stuff.
Can we avoid the lesbian Li's and have nothing to do with them?
That would be the only saving grace I can see from the discussion in the thread.

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
A lot of guys will see this a lesbian NTR if any of the girls involved are Li's. I was interested in your game but haven't played it because of the talk about lesbo stuff.
Can we avoid the lesbian Li's and have nothing to do with them?
That would be the only saving grace I can see from the discussion in the thread.
You won't be able to have nothing to do with them, as they will be included within all main events and plot points. If it makes life easier, I can make her entire 'romancible' route optional for those that choose to not interact with any lesbian content directly - however themes about this love interest being infatuated with another character is unfortunately unavoidable.

• Angry
Reactions: fUzZyDiZe

Vax Morale

Dec 26, 2022
Will this be like Lessons in Love where a decent amount of the girls are bisexual/lesbian? Iirc there are already 3 in this game granted 2 of them are side girls but still.

Noxen

Sep 25, 2022
Another World [v1.4.0] [Maelstrom] - Compressed

Original Size: ~1.3GB
Compressed Size: ~350MB

Win/Lin:
| |

Mac:
| |

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes