Seeking Any eroge title with interesting gameplay mechanics?

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
I do not necessarily play eroge much, and my fondest recollection of playing it was still several years back with Sengoku Rance. It kind of stood out to me primarily for its unique gameplay, especially for an eroge. I loved the strategy and the RPG elements fused into it, not to mention the many interesting figures that make up the game.

It has been a long time since and I'm wondering if there ever has been other visual novels with interesting game mechanics, either similar to dissimilat to it?

I'm literally looking for a VN with a gameplay that more than just involves reading and making choices through given options.

One closest title I could find is Love Esquire by Yang Yang Mobile, but is still a game I've yet to engage in in-depth.

Reactions: Strongsoul178

rllog

Apr 3, 2018
You're going to like titles from Eushully, their gameplay is often addictive. In terms of erotic content they're also great, but don't expect too much in terms of overarching plot - it's usually so-so.
Translated ones:
Kamidori Alchemy Meister
Kami no Rhapsody
Soukoku no Arterial

Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
You're going to like titles from Eushully, their gameplay is often addictive. In terms of erotic content they're also great, but don't expect too much in terms of overarching plot - it's usually so-so.
Translated ones:
Kamidori Alchemy Meister
Kami no Rhapsody
Soukoku no Arterial
Nice list.

rllog

Apr 3, 2018
Ah, sorry, didn't notice that Soukoku no Arterial is only MTL, so you probably don't want that one. Can recommend the other two though.

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, sorry, didn't notice that Soukoku no Arterial is only MTL, so you probably don't want that one. Can recommend the other two though.
Yeah, I'd try to stay away from MTL translations as much as possible.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Nightmare
Donor
Sep 26, 2019

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017

flame13th

Sep 21, 2016
That's a very interesting premise indeed. I'll definitely check this one out.
It's great for me since I've spent weeks grinding and trying to find best tactics to conquer each districts. It's really a hassle when you need to recruit characters but I love that. And you can recruit mob characters as well (as in doesn't have storyline in them) to help you fight.

482199.jpg

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
It's great for me since I've spent weeks grinding and trying to find best tactics to conquer each districts. It's really a hassle when you need to recruit characters but I love that. And you can recruit mob characters as well (as in doesn't have storyline in them) to help you fight.

View attachment 1176718
I like the idea of the "recruiting" part. That is what led me to love RPGs, like the Suikoden series, Chrono Cross, etc.

Strongsoul178

Aug 17, 2017
these are some of my favorite games, so good suggestions. i recommend roundscape or peasant quest, they both have that rance vibe even though they are not eroge.

Last edited:

recinlskeyyys

May 10, 2020
Sengoku Rance is one of a kind so I doubt there is anything that will meet the expectation, be it the gameplay or characters. There is nothing comparable that I know of.

Have you tried Fuuju Hime? I especially enjoyed clearing Hard on that one.
Another is RePure Aria, although it's not a VN and the play is very strange at first. Recommend using a controller and changing the control scheme (in-game).