Mod Ren'Py Apartment #69 - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.05] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Just use the universal ren'py mod. Got all the cheats and walkthrough built-in, works with every ren'py game.
I use URM on a lot of games, but it's not always great on the WT part.
There are a not small percentage of games that obfuscate the choices in one way or another
so that even if you are using URM the variables effected by the choice don't show in the corresponding section
or they got really fancy and used special buttons for the choices instead of the built in renpy choice menu
so URM doesn't even recognize that a choice is happening.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
any chance this will be updatee to urrent version
I was told last night (not that far back in this thread) that Lain is MIA and hasn't been seen for a while. I think she's working on a project with another developer. Scroll back a page or two, it was a conversation I had last night here. For now, we don't know what's happening here.

Reactions: Sanaa Star

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I have updated the Lain mod to 0.06
Is this mainly an update for the Scene Gallery as it seems to be missing plenty of the other files from Lain's 0.05 version after running UnRen on it?

I haven't done a real check on it right now, just asking in case I don't need to bother modding this too if it does everything Lain's mod still does or is it just a trimmed down version.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Is this mainly an update for the Scene Gallery as it seems to be missing plenty of the other files from Lain's 0.05 version after running UnRen on it?

I haven't done a real check on it right now, just asking in case I don't need to bother modding this too if it does everything Lain's mod still does or is it just a trimmed down version.
Lord Ashram - I tried the mod earlier today. It basically is Lain's mod. Everything is there; gallery, hints, cheats, everything. Only thing different is the font that was used but that's not a big deal. It works smoothly.

For now, it works pretty well, so if I was you, I wouldn't worry about it (y)

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Lord Ashram - I tried the mod earlier today. It basically is Lain's mod. Everything is there; gallery, hints, cheats, everything. Only thing different is the font that was used but that's not a big deal. It works smoothly.

I asked because it's missing most of the files in the script folder that Lain had, but if everything seems there that great.

Edit:
I'll ran a diff on her script files verses the game's original files out of curiosity and the difference was just Lain's dialogue fixes that the dev hadn't fixed yet .

Kudos Mid4s on your mod and for those wondering, it is LEGIT.

Last edited:

Mid4s

Jan 6, 2020

The v0.05 mod had all the scripts from the game, they are not needed for the mod.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I asked because it's missing most of the files in the script folder that Lain had, but if everything seems there that great.

I'll run a diff on her script files verses the game's original files out of curiosity but either way I'll check out the game later to see I might want to fully play the game later.
I never went through the mod files to see what was different, changed or missing. I was actually just in the game since we've been talking about it and I haven't had any issues with crashes or tracebacks at all, which, in honesty, I was expecting.

Are you going to fiddle with the new version, and restore what this other mod took out, and see if it works better? Let me know either way I'm curious if you want to.

Post Edit: The comment before this one seems to have taken care of that discussion :ROFLMAO: (y)

Mid4s

Jan 6, 2020

If you need old fonts, then put them with a replacement.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I was pretty skeptical with this mod as I'm sure you saw in my comment, but overall, very frigging happy with it. Lain would be proud (y)

EDIT: thanks for the fonts (y)
I edited my post after doing some more checking:
https://f95zone.to/threads/apartmen...ements-mod-v0-05-maim-lain.18666/post-7084581

Here's the edit if you missed it:
I'll ran a diff on her script files verses the game's original files out of curiosity and the difference was just Lain's dialogue fixes that the dev hadn't fixed yet.

Kudos Mid4s on your mod and for those wondering, it is LEGIT.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Reactions: Lord Ashram
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote