Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
It's almost like getting constantly attacked and harassed over their favorite character could lead to a dev not wanting to share anything anymore, as well as killing their motivation...
View attachment 2973353
I once asked a question about a game that I started playing. I didn't like the answer and I made it known. Sadly, I was attacked and had to constantly defend myself with them telling me to move on... Which ended up pissing me off even more because I actually wanted to move on a day ago.

Cooldude17

Mar 17, 2019
Don't worry, some people here are so fucking daft they'll still manage to say the game has been abandoned for years even with an update literally just dropping.
Fairly small update but if it gets it off the "abandoned tag" i'll take it.

ender135

Oct 27, 2023
I'm playing version 07 and I'm stuck after the party with Heather. There are no new interactions available.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Are there any new update information?

Has not budged

Version 0.08
04-July-2023
3.5/12 SCENES DONE
0/5 TASKS DONE

Luxee has this cycle where they will provide updates frequently then slow down. Eventually they stop entirely, at some point they will make an update on that site but it could be a long time before that happens.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

Has not budged

Version 0.08
04-July-2023
3.5/12 SCENES DONE
0/5 TASKS DONE

Luxee has this cycle where they will provide updates frequently then slow down. Eventually they stop entirely, at some point they will make an update on that site but it could be a long time before that happens.
Queue the "game abandonned dev scammer charge patrons for no update" posts...

• Haha
Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
As someone who has just walked away from my creative activities for over 3 years before, I find the "ABANDONED" and "SCAMMER" screaming from folks to be utterly hilarious to watch. If tedious by sheer quantity. Creative folks get distracted, sidetracked, bored and just plain tired of shit quite easily.

If one deems a project not worth their time and money, then don't give it. It's not like once you start supporting you are forever required to continue that support. I'll keep the game in my tracker and be excited when a new update does pop up. Until then, I'll just go and do something else. There is no shortage of content to consume in this world. Too fucking much sometimes.

Not like pissing and moaning in an F95 thread is going to mystically make a new update appear. Most devs aren't as fucking weirdly wired as me and get discouraged by constant moaning. Rather than find motivation in it. Now if only I had any modicum of talent I could monetize that spite, lol.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
As someone who has just walked away from my creative activities for over 3 years before, I find the "ABANDONED" and "SCAMMER" screaming from folks to be utterly hilarious to watch. If tedious by sheer quantity. Creative folks get distracted, sidetracked, bored and just plain tired of shit quite easily.

If one deems a project not worth their time and money, then don't give it. It's not like once you start supporting you are forever required to continue that support. I'll keep the game in my tracker and be excited when a new update does pop up. Until then, I'll just go and do something else. There is no shortage of content to consume in this world. Too fucking much sometimes.

Not like pissing and moaning in an F95 thread is going to mystically make a new update appear. Most devs aren't as fucking weirdly wired as me and get discouraged by constant moaning. Rather than find motivation in it. Now if only I had any modicum of talent I could monetize that spite, lol.

While I do think that sentiment is okay if you're just being creative, or even if you get paid upon actual updates, I do think a lot of these devs need to apply some serious work and business ethic to their developments if they're fine with being paid what's essentially a salary for it.

So any of these projects amount to nothing and I can't help but ask how many of these devs plan this out. Do they even do internal roadmaps? Structure their releases to avoid burn-out or dealing with inevitable excitement cooling? I think very, very few do and it's incredibly frustrating to watch because they keep hitting the same wall over and over again.

Scope creep. So many devs promise the moon and back, catering to every fetish known to man. How are they planning on doing this? Same with eligible romances too, even this game, add more and more characters while the old ones don't even have much going on yet.
Roadbumps. Plot isn't going the way for easy writing anymore and devs get stuck.
Self-doubt. So many reboots or reworks of older content which was fine just because devs keep stressing over it, also compounded by the previous two points.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Queue the "game abandonned dev scammer charge patrons for no update" posts...
Well, it can hardly be scam, if the dev only charges, when there is an actual update to the game. So every idiot starting those "scam" screams, is just that, an idiot, that never took a closer look at Luxee's marketing strategy. I would just suggest to let them scream first and then report their posts to the moderators, because of spreading false infos, and not giving them the satisfaction of reacting to them.

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017
I dont say Luxee is a scammer or have problems with waiting for the updates. I like this game very much, but i think we should get the facts right. Luxee makes 1'369$ on Subscribestar per month and there u can't stop the billing.

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
And presumably those folks are all sane and responsible adults capable of making their own choices when it comes to their money. Either they have no issue continuing to provide that money, they've forgotten they're even paying it or they would stop doing so.

People can hate the devs all they want, but at the end of the day, the unsub options are right there. It's not hard to pull the plug if you feel you're being taken advantage of.

BiOctane

Sep 19, 2022
Just played through Nea's story. Great writing and solid renders. Very heartwarming and cute story, its a shame its abandoned but at least it ended on a positive note.

Reactions: SamWinters

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Well, it can hardly be scam, if the dev only charges, when there is an actual update to the game. So every idiot starting those "scam" screams, is just that, an idiot, that never took a closer look at Luxee's marketing strategy. I would just suggest to let them scream first and then report their posts to the moderators, because of spreading false infos, and not giving them the satisfaction of reacting to them.
That's exactly my point : morons will accuse Luxee of scamming while not checking how they handle charging subs. Tha's what morons constantly do : know nothing, check nothing, make up accusations.

And presumably those folks are all sane and responsible adults capable of making their own choices when it comes to their money. Either they have no issue continuing to provide that money, they've forgotten they're even paying it or they would stop doing so.

People can hate the devs all they want, but at the end of the day, the unsub options are right there. It's not hard to pull the plug if you feel you're being taken advantage of.
Yes but idiots don't want to admit their faults. They want to blame it all on someone else. So instead of just going "Well, it's getting too slow for me, it was fun so far", they'll just piss and shit everywhere while throwing a tamper tantrum. They made a conscious choice with their money, but don't want any responsability when it comes to how they've used it...

Just played through Nea's story. Great writing and solid renders. Very heartwarming and cute story, its a shame its abandoned but at least it ended on a positive note.
It's not abandonned. The updates are simply extremely slow, due in part to how many dimbasses constantly harass Luxee, killing their drive.
Back when I discovered the game, updates were far more frequent, but Luxee liking trans characters, transphobes started harassing them and insulting them. That ends up having a toll on people's mental health.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes