4.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Sep 17, 2022
Is this actually AI-generated? That's what I thought when I saw it but the lineart is too consistent and the colors are more saturated than what I've seen from AI, not to mention the hands having five fingers in actual complex gestures.
Either the dev is genuinely talented or this tech is getting scary good.

AztoDio

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2021
Is this actually AI-generated? That's what I thought when I saw it but the lineart is too consistent and the colors are more saturated than what I've seen from AI, not to mention the hands having five fingers in actual complex gestures.
AI is actually quite good right now, but also the ability to manually manipulate the picture is necessary atm. Idk what AI will become in the next few years tbh.
Here's another one with SD + painting over.

YodaStitch

Jul 9, 2018
No it's not, Aztodio (the artist / dev) didn't wait for AI rising to produce good art.
This thread has just become a forum to discuss AI advances and eventual use for whatever reason :).

• Angry
Reactions: Noel_Aran21

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
AI is actually quite good right now, but also the ability to manually manipulate the picture is necessary atm. Idk what AI will become in the next few years tbh.
Here's another one with SD + painting over.
holy shit that one's amazing! I see no fuck-ups with fingers, individual bricks nor faces. Do you use something besides stable diffusion? Or perhaps some godlike model for it that I haven't found yet?

AztoDio

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2021
holy shit that one's amazing! I see no fuck-ups with fingers, individual bricks nor faces. Do you use something besides stable diffusion? Or perhaps some godlike model for it that I haven't found yet?
I used AOM3 like many people do, still had to overpaint a lot of errors it created tho. But I do think AI just only get better and better by time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
I used AOM3 like many people do, still had to overpaint a lot of errors it created tho. But I do think AI just only get better and better by time.
So AI make something like a sketch and you complete it,this really help to speed up a project.

AztoDio

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2021
So AI make something like a sketch and you complete it,this really help to speed up a project.
No, I did the sketch/composition/lighting... basically all the basic setup before I let the AI do anything. Allowing the AI to work without restraint often results in difficulty in getting what I want with prompts only. Attachments is where I let AI generate freely, I feel like it's kind of repeative...

After that I rely on the AI to carry out the rendering process, much like having a code monkey handle all the boilerplate code. Except AI has the rendering skill that is far superior than me lol, and it's so fast. It's a rendering monkey that possesses master level, and it won't complain.

1680748453583.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dreminh

AztoDio

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2021
Additionally, the post-AI rendering process can be seen in the case of 2B, where I may have become overly reliant on AI's flawless rendering, resulting in an uncanny appearance that does not suit my preferences. I plan to overpaint this later. However, with Junko, I took more care after the rendering of AI and feel that the final result looks better and more akin to something I would draw myself.

1680748977184.png

Reactions: JovoChan

fucknolink

Feb 16, 2019
so basic drawing skill still needed because ai is a dumbtard without mind. Frankly, comic paint sai? got it right with AI predictive feature instead of AI image generation.

Degen2527

Feb 7, 2023
Additionally, the post-AI rendering process can be seen in the case of 2B, where I may have become overly reliant on AI's flawless rendering, resulting in an uncanny appearance that does not suit my preferences. I plan to overpaint this later. However, with Junko, I took more care after the rendering of AI and feel that the final result looks better and more akin to something I would draw myself.

View attachment 2524187
Did the AI do the censoring? Also will the future illustrations be censored? I see that Junko isn't so was that only for 2B?

Uber777

Nov 30, 2018
ok how to support the dev of this game ? this guy is a pro

waiting for the completed version bud, keep it up

would be great if in the future animation will be added

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
ok how to support the dev of this game ? this guy is a pro

waiting for the completed version bud, keep it up

would be great if in the future animation will be added
He has a Patreon on the first page, along with Itch.io. Probably 2 of the easiest ways to support the Dev.

Dysonthiox

Aug 16, 2020

This just dropped Azto.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Definitely AI, I recognize a lot of stuff from my own AI work (not that he stole it, just that I've created a lot of similar stuff).

I'll give him props for cutting the characters out properly though to give them transparent backgrounds, that takes time to do it properly. Dunno how much drawing photoshop goes into his, but IMO there will be a lot more games available to play in the near future as people with no money turn to AI. That's a good thing as there will be plenty of hidden gems.

Allowing the AI to work without restraint often results in difficulty in getting what I want with prompts only. Attachments is where I let AI generate freely, I feel like it's kind of repeative...
Yeah, even with controlnet this isn't quite resolved yet. Definitely helpful, but say for example you're trying to get two lesbians performing basically any kind of sex act other than kissing, for whatever reason even using controlnet this is damn near impossible.

I've had to photoshop seperate images, fix hands, photoshop to blend colors, blur shit, throw it back into AI to clean up some of my messy lines, go back and photoshop it again repeatedly until I finally get the scene I want.

Getting pov stuff is fairly easy, but getting two different people in a single shot requires a lot of manual effort.

Last edited:

dwen09

Nov 14, 2022
Hi, new here. Can anyone give me an estimation of how long the current version is gameplay wise? It looks very interesting so I want to try it but I don't want to be left wanting more in case it's too short.

Degen2527

Feb 7, 2023
Hi, new here. Can anyone give me an estimation of how long the current version is gameplay wise? It looks very interesting so I want to try it but I don't want to be left wanting more in case it's too short.
Definitely too short for now, but worth keeping an eye on.

hirino9

Sep 13, 2020
When I start the game and get to the fight in the prologue, it does this:
1688255459055.png

I checked, and the file does exist. Not sure why it won't work.

For anyone wondering, %20 means space, wikipedia:

Also, consider making the file name smaller, I think a lot of people put their "homework" folder nested a bit deep into their file structure, so long file names mean it has to be extracted to and played in something like Documents/AphoticSide or even C:/AphoticSide - which is inherently risky and not something one would want to do. If one doesn't, well, windows has a max file path length of 256 chars. Per google:
  • Microsoft Windows has a MAX_PATH limit of ~256 characters. If the length of the path and filename combined exceed ~256 characters you will be able to see the path/files via Windows/File Explorer, but may not be able to delete/move/rename these paths/files.

hirino9

Sep 13, 2020
I made a patch. It just makes it so that the file's name is "11534-1543475867-background.png_" instead and updates all references to it (map 5, 10, 16). Tested it up to tutorial fight.

To install it, unzip this and then move the two folders into the game directory, then select replace the existing maps.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes