Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Unlocked

Hello Patrons!
Another quick, quick update.
I am writing this severely sleep deprived as my plan was to wake up early in the morning and finish the writing for the update and upload for the testers but my sleep apnea and anxiety kicked in and a lot of this is on set by two things, one is axing the beginning part of the cave scene and the car ride there which would make the demo incredibly small because I still have some grunt work to do there but was just going to pass it to show you some of the lewd stuff and hit the deadline and two, obsessing over hitting both this month and next months self imposed time limits.
Honestly, even if I finish the rest of the games code + navigation for the game remade I am STILL going to need a fair amount of time to test and complete the rest of the content so both this demo and the 0.1 don't wind up very small. I don't have any exact time that this is going to take but from what I put in this month I would say at least an additional two weeks (for the 0.1 next month, the small demo maybe 1-3 days from now.)
A lot of the reason I setup these do or die situations or hard to hit deadlines is to pressure my self not to be a perfectionist or waste time but honestly as hard as I worked since my last post which was pretty much all of my free time when not at IRL work, worrying about deadlines just made me miserable these past few days and every time I give a deadline I work hard but then I miss it anyways and I shut out and get scared to even post on my patreon or talk to anyone cause of the fact that I messed up yet again...
Anyhow, I just wanted to get this out before the billing period starts so for whoever is sick of me by now can leave but who ever wants to stick it out a while longer can hang around but I appreciate you either way.
From this point forward though, I won’t/cannot have any set dates unless testing has started and I am going to commit to the only thing I know for a fact I can do which is just communicate something each week which even if I get good or bad feedback or flamed, still keeps the ball rolling and has me somewhat accountable to the people who have still stuck by and put up with me for so long.
Anyhow, I am going to attempt to go back to sleep for the fourth time. Expect to hear from me again somewhere around 1-3 days, it isn't 100% that the cave stuff will be in there but I would like to show you more interactivity and not just lewd stuff for your first impressions of the game.
Thanks for the support and I will talk to you again soon.
Here we go again LOL SMH

ketçap

Oct 25, 2018
Even if he will share test version to high tier he will collect some feedbacks and he will have to do some "fixes".It will be probably take 3 or 4 months to do and maybe he share again "the lastestest" test version to high tier. As a result do not expect the game to be released after 1 month.

LilCheeto

Aug 14, 2018
I don't think the "Naomi Special Render - March 2021" post from March 17th ever got posted here, can someone post it? It will at least be something to see while we wait.

Reactions: uhhhok

hou78

Jan 3, 2019
Man i just have to say to developer.just release .1 and then you got your goal to finish in this way you have purpose focus all your energy to it and win over life

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
I'm not putting to much stock into Apocalust mainly due to the fact that I think it gets abandoned at some point.

Even if a 0.1 gets released soon, based on the dev's last few Patreon posts, I don't think his will is strong enough to see this project through.

I hope everything comes together for the guy, but this is definitely a project that I'm filing away until 2023 or 2024, and checking back on then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.