F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Apocalust v0.07
Video enhancement mod

This mod overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, some trained models can interpolate "fake" frames next to native frames.
The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

Apocalust is one of the few games made almost exclusively with animations, which makes this mod even more interesting.

Downloads:
1080p (stable) : ;
4K version (unstable) : ;

Here are some examples of what you can expect with ...
- Video interpolation :

- Video upscaling (4K version only) :

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022
Apocalust v0.04 - Video enhancements mod
This mod overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, some trained models can interpolate "fake" frames next to native frames.

Since Apocalust is a game made almost with animations, this mod is even more worth it.

Here is an example of what you can expect : MEGA

Download the mod : MEGA ; ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first, i wanted to make a mod with 4K@60fps animations

The result is even better but it seems that ren'py struggle with it (stuttering, crashs with some scenes)
I only have a basic knowledge of ren'py so feel free to advise me solutions
I could send you a download link for those who are still interested but it will probably be for viewing purposes only
holy shit bruv that looks insanely good. Very smooth. Really looking forward to using this to perfect the experience...if the game ever comes out.

Is this something you developed? Or used tools out there? May want to protect some of it...of course keep me in the loop : )

• Red Heart
Reactions: F4iunyl3x
Oct 9, 2022

Since Apocalust is a game made almost with animations, this mod is even more worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The result is even better but it seems that ren'py struggle with it (stuttering, crashs with some scenes)
I could send you a download link for those who are still interested but it will probably be for viewing purposes only
Also, will this have to be updated with each new release?

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
holy shit bruv that looks insanely good. Very smooth. Really looking forward to using this to perfect the experience...if the game ever comes out.

Is this something you developed? Or used tools out there? May want to protect some of it...of course keep me in the loop : )
I didn't invent anything myself. All the tools i used were developed by other guys.
my personal contribution is on the setting part (interpolation then encoding)

I really wanted to get rid of compression artifacts so I used several custom parameters with FFmpeg ( )
I can send you a PM with more details but i don't think this is the place to talk about it.

Also, will this have to be updated with each new release?
Yes, it's relatively easy now that I know the optimal parameters and I made a small script which automate the process.
interpolation is quite CPU/GPU demanding but i've got a good setup
but I would love to be able to release a stable 4K version, the visuals looks really amazing on 2K/4K monitors

EDIT : I may not have answered your question precisely enough
my pack will be compatible with next updates as long as the dev doesn't mess with his animation filenames
but i'll planning to release one mod update for each new release.
This won't be too hard considering Psycho's productivity :KEK:

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022

Yo I tried this and it's saying I need some sort of Python files, couldn't run. It's after hitting enter in command prompt

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Yo I tried this and it's saying I need some sort of Python files, couldn't run. It's after hitting enter in command prompt
you have to copy the .bat file in the game's directory, next to the .exe files.
or maybe you have some access rights issues, try to run the .bat as admin.

i just checked myself with a fresh game directory, no problem on my side

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 133 Votes