VN Ren'Py Abandoned Arbiter's Gaze [v0.8] [ProneHouse Studio]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Is it still as buggy as in the past? I remember that it feels like I switch between path or something like that.
The game won't work with old saves.
I haven't played this at all, but according to the developer's notes (from the OP), the game had a massive overhaul starting with this version (v0.8). Thus, it should be less buggy. And of course, with the the changes in the routes (and the elimination of two paths), old saves would not work. See quote below. Hope that helps! :D
GAME OVERHAUL!
That's it. The coding in the game is broken, too complex and full of bugs.
In version 0.8 I'm starting the code from scratch. Hopefully working completely fine.
The most meaningful change is that now there's three routes (prostitution, nymphomaniac and hero) instead of five. Lindsay's relationship with her boss Fletcher is temporarily put on hold until later.
Sorry about the bother, but it had to be done. Hopefully starting next week it's going to be smooth sailing.

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
A lot of work went between version 0.8 preview and full. There are many new scenes and old scenes reworked. Nice to see exclusive content depending on the playstyle and characters avatars. I hope the dev will get more patrons now and also there will be more news more frequently.

Apr 20, 2018
No spoilers please, but can someone quote me and lemme know if this game is in 0.8/1.0 (a.k.a it's completed) or if it appears to have no near end?

(I prefer when games use 1.0 as a completed game but I needa know cause if it's nearly finished I'll just play it in 1.0; if not I'll play it sooner)

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
No spoilers please, but can someone quote me and lemme know if this game is in 0.8/1.0 (a.k.a it's completed) or if it appears to have no near end?

(I prefer when games use 1.0 as a completed game but I needa know cause if it's nearly finished I'll just play it in 1.0; if not I'll play it sooner)
It seems to be the beginning (in my estimation about 20-30% of the full game) and the game in its current version stops at a sort of cliffhanger moment where all your previous choices should finally start showing some longer term consequences.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: The Loli Lover

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I enjoyed giving this a little whirl ... the art style is definitely cool and I liked the premise.

That said how the choices lock stuff and what they open up doesn't 100% make sense... like I think for the very first choice if you say you liked teaching the children it gives you nymphomaniac points, huh... then later even if you've gone full nympho you can't touch a dick on the beach (need to have gone the prostitute route) or can't fuck the girl to save her (need to go the hero route) ... both I'd argue you'd probably do as a nympho ... also I'm not sure why a lot of the decisions give minus points to a stat, it's not like a nympho couldn't decide to take money for something even though they're enjoying it, or whatever.

The only one other thing is that the animations with the minotaur were really janky, and honestly I think it'd be best if it kept to still images form now on (but I'm not one of the types that much cares if there's animations any way).

But like I said, the art's cool and I did like playing it ... obviously we're a way off from the descent into heavy smuttery but hopefully it'll kick off hard when it does.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Back
Jan 4, 2020
I'm happy to see something other than Ren'Py Model #30038 Does Something Different for an art style, but fuck me if that doesn't look like Steve Dillon's work. I mean, look at some pages of Preacher and tell me I'm lying

Dsandr

May 12, 2018
And what is exemplary - lesbo events are quite playable, but getero ones for some reason do not work all the time... And why to develop the plot if previous game episodes are dead... Looks like another cunning attempt to provide feeding until retirement, keeping the curious with sweet promises.

Cathynka

Apr 20, 2019
So... i would say according to the preview pictures provided, there is the tag snuff missing...

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
The previous version was 0.8 and this one is 0.8 full, so the mod for .8 isn't suppose to work with that version.

Here's the files for the new version 0.8 full.

ArbitersGaze-0.8_full_mod

Unzip the "game" folder inside your ../ArbitersGaze-0.8-pc/ folder.
Can't play at all with mod, keeps giving me errors every second picture or so :s </3

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I enjoyed playing this update but still have a problem with the choices of paths in a sort of "non-mod" world where I am not just clicking on whatever choice matches my goal for that play through.

I think that part of the problem is that the concept of "nymphomaniac" is completely different than that of prostitute or hero. The latter are character traits that influence choices on how to behave in a given situation. Nymphomania is a mental disorder that creates compulsions. It is the opposite of choice. No one can "choose" to be a nymphomaniac like they can choose to be a hero or a prostitute.

I think that a better choice for that third character trait is "submissive" rather than "nymphomaniac." A submissive Leslie can choose whether or not to follow her inclinations, while a nymphomaniac Leslie MUST follow her compulsions. In this sense, submissiveness is more like altruism (the "hero" route) and materialism (the "prostitute" route).

I did like the fact that the Speech icons for the characters were generally idealized versions of the characters we see in the full-scale drawings. I recognize that this is just different artists doing different versions of the same thing, but thought that it worked pretty well, even if serendipitous. There are a few occasions where the character and the speech icons were totally different people (one of the buddies of the woman who plays a trick on Leslie on the beach, for instance), but it was never unclear who was speaking, so that's rather moot.

Other than that, there are just a few niggles:
1. The game assumes at one point (discussion in the morning with Tate) that Leslie has slept with Ji-A when she did not (and cannot in two of the three routes). That should be eliminated. Ditto the assumption that Leslie kissed Doug rather than getting the chapter of the book.
2. The mud fighting isn't sexy. At all. The story around it is sexy, but the actual fighting is the opposite of sexy. It needs more scenes of the loser getting humiliated, perhaps, or the two fighters stripping one another. Also, the "champion" woman and the "land whale" are neither of them anyone that would actually appear in a mudfighting contest that people would be willin got pay to see; the champion woman because she's already won too many times and removes the suspense from the fights she is in, and the land whale because everyone would be scrambling to pay whatever it cost to leave the match so they didn't have to look at her any more. The inclusion of either or both could, perhaps, be justified with just a few lines of storytelling, but that needs to happen for that fight to be at all credible.
3. The art style/character appearance changes between scenes, and sometimes inside a scene. It was especially notable in the confrontation between Leslie and the 'championship woman," where Leslie's hair changes color and style between images. Not enough to make re-drawing necessary, but something to watch out for.

The one major thing I'd change is to provide some sort of indicator as to what character trait is dominating Leslie's thinking at any given time. It seems that following a character trait path is the way to allow interesting decisions, but the player is guessing as to what is happening with any given choice and what Leslie is like at any given time. Just a minor graphical symbol would do.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes