Back

Aug 3, 2017
Oh! So they can wear hats!
Arcana Academy - 01a Hat.jpg
Noice! :D

Check it! Convenient built-in handholds when engaging in extraneous activities!
Arcana Academy - 02 Handholds.png
Oh lovely! :love:

And, is it weird for me to focus on horn accessories in succubus societies? I can't be the only one, right?
Arcana Academy - 01b Horn Accessories.jpg
Decorative accessories really brings out a girl's character, no? :p

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Oh! So they can wear hats!
View attachment 956951
Noice! :D

Check it! Convenient built-in handholds when engaging in extraneous activities!
View attachment 956956
Oh lovely! :love:

And, is it weird for me to focus on horn accessories in succubus societies? I can't be the only one, right?
View attachment 956957
Decorative accessories really brings out a girl's character, no? :p
Not weird at all. I love monster girl types. Horn and even tail accessories draw lots of attention for me, as well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Back

Chaika-chan

Sep 22, 2018
Well, the polish is there. Most of the voice acting is on point, most of the sprites are idly animated in some way, the art looks good. Now we just wait for CONTENT. Unless everyone getting stopped at the hall is a bug.

Definitely keeping on watch as I love all things succubi. Oh yeah, and PLEASE call them Succubi, not Succubusses... :cautious:

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
So the game for me stops when Stacy first shows up and tells the newcomers to follow her. No end of content notice though. Is that intended?

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Hmm dang its been what ehh september 2020 till april 2021 so somewhere around 7-8 months are you guys alright? I just remembered this game was a thing while doing a clean up on my old saves... I remember the 1st demo was short as heck hey but that was just an intro... I think you guys will need to necro this thread out to get more notice for patrons again as soon as you are done working with the next update... Anyway cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
So KimonoChan, what's happening here? Is this project still being worked on and are you guys doing okay? Heard you guys were operating at a loss right now, but you need to generate some hype and interest in the game to get the ball rolling. Last news we heard was that an update was pending but that was ages ago. I don't mean to overstep, but here's a few humble suggestions that's easy to do:
  • Talk about the game on your website with a link to Patreon. I simply don't understand why you guys won't even mention the game on y'all's homepage. I would think that would be important enough to draw attention to.
  • Unlock more Patreon posts. There's no reason to put nearly everything behind a wall. At least for me, most times I don't even bother to log into Patreon when scouting out projects. If I can't get the information quickly, then I tend to move on; and one of the methods I use is to see how recent the latest posts are besides what they say.
  • Interact more with the community such as this. Answer people's questions when possible. Maybe get a Discord since that seems to be a popular trend nowadays. Only one question has been answered thus far and some of these have been floating around since September of last year.
  • Update your social media pages. For instance, the Instagram page hasn't had anything new at all this year. At least it does have a link to the game's page on Patreon if nothing else.
  • Tell us the game is not dead. Otherwise with this long radio silence that's what people will think.
So, is the game dead? Is an update coming? Are you guys okay? And will these questions be answered before the month's out?

*Sighs* This is why I'm always hesitant with new projects from devs that haven't established themselves. I'll jot down games that's piqued my interest but after seeing so many just evaporate away I won't jump in at the initial iteration on offer. I'm hoping you guys the best and that this isn't abandoned but I suppose we'll see by the end of the month -- a response, an update, or some other activity. That'll be my measure for it anyway. In any event, stay safe out there!

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
When the new Update?

The MC can be able to become succubus or it just eredited by birth like all succubus supposed to be. Just wanna know if ther is any path to find out if Female MC was really supposed to be there and not just a mistake that somone make her belive on. I can't wait to see more about it.

MattSS

Apr 30, 2018
RIP. Guessing this is abandoned? I thought the concept of a Succubus School was super promising.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
RIP. Guessing this is abandoned? I thought the concept of a Succubus School was super promising.
I didn't realize I still had this as one of my Watched Threads until it notified me that there were a couple new posts, lol. But yeah, it's fair to say that it's abandoned.
All five listed sites the dev team offered haven't had any new information in ages. Here's what it looks like as of today, at the time of this post:
  • Main Site ( ) - There's absolutely nothing -- not an image, a line of text, or even any links -- that mentions the game whatsoever.
  • Instagram ( ) - Last post about the game was from September 30, 2020 (the same month their Patreon launched), and an account that has been inactive since October 2021. Features reposted art lifted from their very first Patreon post. And on that front...
  • Patreon ( ) - Lastest post on their Patreon is from September 2021. They have innocuous posts and their "What's Happened" (to them) status post from last year still behind a paywall. Imo, that's a little shady and there's no reason to do that.
  • Itch ( ) - Their game on Itch is very plainly obviously dead. There are very few posts there and no one working on the game has ever responded to anyone, and five out of the eight posts talks about the game being abandoned in some way.
  • Twitter ( ) - Inactive for over a year. As far as we know, work was being done on an update and subsequently the project was dropped altogether.
Furthermore, the KimonoChan account on F95 (which is the official game dev's account on here) has been on as recently as this month, March 2022. Of the five posts ever made by this account, only two involves the game (this simple pitch in another thread and this short response in this very thread). They obviously have seen my post from a year ago about how to get some kind of traction -- any kind of traction -- but disregarded to enact any of the suggestions offered there, sadly. And as point of fact, they never answered the question if the game is dead (which it certainly appears to be the case).

Look, I'm not trying to rag on the developer. Though I have never bothered to download it (due to the lack of support and meaningful activity from the dev team), I genuinely wanted to see this game succeed. By principle, I will not financially support any project if I don't believe it has any chance of success despite how badly I want them to succeed. This game has stunning character art and beautiful background designs. It had a straightforward and enticing premise to its story...
Arcana Academy is a Visual Novel game that focuses on the training of girls, and developing their succubus skills.
...and apparently along with voiced lines on top of it all. But, as multiple users have said it's only a very short demo at this stage with very little content. So seeing it ultimately fail and the mistakes made by the devs to generate interest (or rather the lack of actively engaging to spread the word about it) and the poor execution to communicate properly with any potential fans, saddens me. I think this would have been a cool project and game, but it never got off the launching pad and the game is dead.

I'm going to self-report this post so that the mods can properly mark the game as being abandoned. It's unfortunate that the game is dead but I still hope and wish the devs well wherever they are and in whatever they are doing nowadays. Hope everyone can find other new games to try. Cheers y'all and be safe!

Reactions: MattSS