VN Ren'Py Onhold Aren't Grim Reapers Supposed to be Scary? [v0.1.7 Uncensored] [Kamuo]

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
You'd think so. But even games that are still DAILY being actively worked on, like Summertime Saga, are being listed as abandoned, so not sure why this game got "On Hold" instead...
Oh Hold means the Dev has reached out and asked that it be specifically on hold. Abandoned occurs after 6 months of no contact from the Dev on their Patreon or on this site. Any abandoned game can get an on hold tag if the Dev asks for it.

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
You'd think so. But even games that are still DAILY being actively worked on, like Summertime Saga, are being listed as abandoned, so not sure why this game got "On Hold" instead...
I bet the dev has at least had a message about the state of the game whereas others will say that they're still working on the game but not really drop out anything. So I'm assuming it's that as games like succubus covenant will waste a whole year saying that x is coming out but with next to nothing to show for it. Hell the dev is still active just not working on the game.

Also consider that these are also treated as a case by case thing as Tower of Trample's thread for example has never gotten an abandoned tag largely due to the devs often dropping something even if it's a stupid side game that doesn't really connect. Or Mgq paradox whose on hold because of part 3 being in the works for so long.

Mitcholas

Feb 29, 2020
Reading through some patreon posts. "I know I can't be too much of a perfectionist, but for me if I'm not happy with what I'm releasing, I feel like I'm just doing it for the sake of giving you guys content for money." This game was last updated almost 2 years ago? Nice.

Also mentioned the "only play once" thing and other stuff about more involved gameplay. Don't know what he's expecting to churn out. He probably should make an auto-clicker game then. Has player interaction (albeit a script) and lewds :KEK:
Personally I could see these grim reaper characters working well in a simulation style game like Teaching Feeling and Imouto Monochrome. Those typically aren't 'only play once' kind of games, especially if you make it worth the grind. I mean look at Monochrome Fantasy. Still getting fan content 'and' it's about to drop DLC.

Then again, I'm a biased towards that style of game so...

jaboodydubs

Jan 28, 2024
I bet the dev has at least had a message about the state of the game whereas others will say that they're still working on the game but not really drop out anything. So I'm assuming it's that as games like succubus covenant will waste a whole year saying that x is coming out but with next to nothing to show for it. Hell the dev is still active just not working on the game.
Kamuo has said on his Patreon that he's basically working on 5 projects at once. AGRSS, CRIMR(his Vel pixel game), an ankha animation, and 2 projects that he is calling "Bea" and "Maiden". Bea is a short game, and Maiden is apparently the opposite of AGRSS where its simpler and quicker to do (his words).

The reason this game has been so much on the backburner is because it's his biggest project and takes the most time to do. Also apparently he said on his Patreon that he's remaking AGRSS, or at the very least overhauling it, as he's not happy with how it's turning out. So that's another big reason there hasn't been an update in a while. Although I will say, I wish he would just pick something and stick with it until it's either finished or in a good state to stop working on it. He keeps swapping projects and creating new ones without following through on his current ones and its overloading him, causing things to be released very very slowly. Hopefully he can find a good rhythm.

Good news is, he posted recently that the 1st build of the remake should be released soon. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Shack8298

Dec 18, 2022
Kamuo has said on his Patreon that he's basically working on 5 projects at once. AGRSS, CRIMR(his Vel pixel game), an ankha animation, and 2 projects that he is calling "Bea" and "Maiden". Bea is a short game, and Maiden is apparently the opposite of AGRSS where its simpler and quicker to do (his words).

The reason this game has been so much on the backburner is because it's his biggest project and takes the most time to do. Also apparently he said on his Patreon that he's remaking AGRSS, or at the very least overhauling it, as he's not happy with how it's turning out. So that's another big reason there hasn't been an update in a while. Although I will say, I wish he would just pick something and stick with it until it's either finished or in a good state to stop working on it. He keeps swapping projects and creating new ones without following through on his current ones and its overloading him, causing things to be released very very slowly. Hopefully he can find a good rhythm.

Good news is, he posted recently that the 1st build of the remake should be released soon. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.
Should've been labeled as abandoned for now.

Cardboard27

Jul 28, 2017
Kamuo has said on his Patreon that he's basically working on 5 projects at once. AGRSS, CRIMR(his Vel pixel game), an ankha animation, and 2 projects that he is calling "Bea" and "Maiden".
CRIMR is also on hold, which is too bad cause it easily has the most potential, even without any gameplay elements. (Please revive it Kamuo). The ankha animation seems to be in progress for almost a year now. Hopefully things pick up soon.

jaboodydubs

Jan 28, 2024
CRIMR is also on hold, which is too bad cause it easily has the most potential, even without any gameplay elements. (Please revive it Kamuo). The ankha animation seems to be in progress for almost a year now. Hopefully things pick up soon.
It seems like he still wants to do CRIMR, hes just not sure what direction to take it. He's kind of trying to get feedback from his community on what their opinions of it are. I think he said the original idea of the game was supposed to be "what it's like living with a grim reaper". So in his mind he wants to add more elements and things to do in the game other than lewd stuff. But who knows honestly, like I said in my earlier post, it just seems like he's burning himself out constantly. I think it was much better when he was just doing small animations every now and again, but ever since he started working on AGRSS he's slowed down tremendously.

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes