Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
why does every other highly rated game have an android version but this one doesnt
Because such a gorgeous and beautiful game is pointless to play on an Android devices with a small screen. How can you appreciate all the beauty and intention of the author on a devices like this? That's right - you can't. Probably that's why the author ignores the android version.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
1665376581933.png

Good morning everyone!
Right off the bat, I just want to let everyone know CH4 is on track for the Oct 14th release date. Spent this past week going over things and just wrapped up the last bit of animations. This week will mostly just be going over everything and making sure nothing else slipped through the cracks.
Only bad news I have to give is this update will not have a patch as previous updates did (CH5 and future updates will though). Which actually works out well for this update. As many of you know, around spring time, there was a whole fiasco with DMCA and music providers such as Artlist, Epidemic Sound, etc. So a lot of us devs had to re-think things moving forward (those of us who care a lot about the music portion of our games). I went through several terms and conditions and most of them pretty much said the same thing. Cannot be used in any relation to 18+ content, etc. So I had to come up with a solution for Artemis to seamlessly replace tracks now and when my composer fully scores every chapter. I ended up creating a blank .ogg file and renaming all tracks to the empty files. This way when loading an old save, you're not confronted with "missing "music/ch1/sexymusic.ogg". "
Hopefully, this mitigates any bugs relating to show the music is now structured. At least this way, it's as if nothing ever changed! Anyway, this will be the last chapter with the current music. For Steam, they will most certainly not be on there as Steam is a lot less forgiving. And is the whole reason I had to rethink the music for this and future updates. If Steam launch is successful, I'll be able to have my composer fully compose all five chapters in one go. Which I'm super excited about.
I'll create a GIF that shows you how to move your saves for those who want/need it. But, at least for Windows users, your saves shouldn't need to be moved as they're also saved in the %appdata% folder (as all Ren'Py games are). So whether it's this version or another, Artemis will detect it automagically.
But enough of that. I'm just glad to finally get to this point of development. Tonight, I'm just cleaning things up. Inserting the final batch of animations and re-renders I had worked on. And this week is just me curating the soundtrack of CH4 and creating bonus art for things like the SD Cards. There will be a full changelog for the update this Friday. Also, the update will be sometime in the afternoon Pacific Standard Time on Friday. I wanted to point that out so you guys have an idea when the update will drop.
Have a great week and see you all Friday!

digi.B

Treyyyy

Feb 28, 2022
[/QUOTE]

I’m not offended, you’re acting like I insulted the guy. He didn’t have a problem with what I said and neither should you.

Last edited:

Treyyyy

Feb 28, 2022
Because such a gorgeous and beautiful game is pointless to play on an Android devices with a small screen. How can you appreciate all the beauty and intention of the author on a devices like this? That's right - you can't. Probably that's why the author ignores the android version.
K

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I’m not offended, you’re acting like I insulted the guy. He didn’t have a problem with what I said and neither should you.
????uh that seemed very passive-aggressive
This is why I said you were offended. This answer are typical of offended people.

I didnt said you insulted him. To be offended does not equal insulting.

Definition of offended: To cause displeasure, anger, resentment, or wounded feelings
There is not insult in this definition.

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes