jabjijapogo

Aug 26, 2018
Updated for v0.4.1a
I've made a multi-mod for this game

Edit: Fixed error when starting new game and chapter 2

Features:
  • Walkthrough - added green color for best dialogue options
  • Added unlock all options for the archives (scenes and images)
  • During free roam objects that can be interacted with are highlighted
  • Scene changes (Can get both Katy and Zoe scenes, can call both Katy and Zelda)

Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
scrappy THank you for the mod, but maybe you could fix this as i love using your mods m8!
Without the mod works just fine. Here is the error i get when installing the mod:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing _ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\game/code/book_one/branch/ch4scn17a.rpy.
Exception: Line with id zoesexchoice_f2c3b9cd appeared twice, at game/code/book_one/branch/ch1_scn17.rpy:15 and game/code/choibranch/ch1/ch1_scn17.rpy:10.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "_ARTEMIS-0.4.1-win\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id zoesexchoice_f2c3b9cd appeared twice, at game/code/book_one/branch/ch1_scn17.rpy:15 and game/code/choibranch/ch1/ch1_scn17.rpy:10.

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
_ARTEMIS 0.4.1
Thu Dec 15 00:10:11 2022

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
seeing how digi.B hasn't made an appearance here since march '21 I doubt if this'll reach him, but it's sad to see that some of the bugs reported back in October still aren't fixed. Most notably the missing sound files from Chapter 1. Since I had to start from scratch again, it might be that others from that post are also not yet fixed but haven't yet reached the points where they occurred.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
seeing how digi.B hasn't made an appearance here since march '21 I doubt if this'll reach him, but it's sad to see that some of the bugs reported back in October still aren't fixed. Most notably the missing sound files from Chapter 1. Since I had to start from scratch again, it might be that others from that post are also not yet fixed but haven't yet reached the points where they occurred.
The missing sound files aren't a bug. They were pulled in prep for a Steam Launch. He's having music written for the game that he'll own. They'll be slowly re-integrated over the next update or two ...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
The missing sound files aren't a bug. They were pulled in prep for a Steam Launch. He's having music written for the game that he'll own. They'll be slowly re-integrated over the next update or two ...
Since the code still references these files I still say it's a bug... he can pull music files as many as he wants, but then also pull the references to these files from the code... otherwise it causes bugs like the already mentioned ones

• Angry
Reactions: Lexkar83

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Since the code still references these files I still say it's a bug... he can pull music files as many as he wants, but then also pull the references to these files from the code... otherwise it causes bugs like the already mentioned ones
Okay, then take my comment as "he knows and has addressed them and given a timeline for the fix" so there's nothing to be sad about, because you now know why nothing had been done yet. Unless they actually interfere with non-modded gameplay (and I didn't see such errors in my replay after 4 came out) then I'm not sure why there's a problem, other than you miss the music.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Okay, then take my comment as "he knows and has addressed them and given a timeline for the fix" so there's nothing to be sad about, because you now know why nothing had been done yet. Unless they actually interfere with non-modded gameplay (and I didn't see such errors in my replay after 4 came out) then I'm not sure why there's a problem, other than you miss the music.
Non-modded you say... well than my non-modded copy must somehow have decided to modify its code on it's own...

File: game/code/wmp/ch1/kloft/ch1_wmp_kloft.rpy, line 8
Code:
    $ renpy.sound.play("afx/showerloop2.mp3", channel="afx1", fadein=2, loop=True)
But hey, lucky you if you still have that file, I just started playing a copy I downloaded this week. So, excuse me for thinking bug reports would be welcomed... fatal or not...

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
Digi doesn't check this thread, and the bugs aren't being reported in discord, ergo they will not be fixed. in regards to the music, not a bug, just redundant code at this point.

xtidusxx

Oct 3, 2019
I'm Mareeta and this is my favorite reference of all the AVNs !

View attachment 2164615
i gotta say i was already loving this game but the costume literally shot it up to being one of my favorites because my character is literally named "Tidus Shepard" which i name everything after cuz they are my favorite 2 video game characters of all time so when MC showed up wearing this and June i was going crazy LOOL

Aug 27, 2022
Finally found some time to play Ch.4 and man what an amazing update both for story progression and relationship development. That imaginative scene where Cass being kicked out of the window is just too funny. My worry from Ch.3 was confirmed in this update: Koko would be the target of the Hunter team (mostly for Cass's sake), and the home invasion scene at the end already sounded the alarm for immediate confrontation in Ch.5 as the house security system was activated and the invader was thus locked in the living room. Ch.4 really did a fantastic job in establishing Cass as a complicated antagonist -- manipulative, cunning, would do everything possible to gain profit or save her own ass, other than someone who is just evil because why not. It just bugs me whether digi considers Cass as LI after Ch.4 though. Personally I don't feel like she "deserves" a redemption arc after all the shit she fucks over MC but seeing that you still could get points from her makes me wonder if her "route" is possible.
If a path with her is possible, I hope the MC gets fucked over once again and this time does not fully recover. Very few western AVNs have well written bad ends and I feel like something like this would make for an excellent bad ending - all the red flags are there. She made him depressed to the point of suicide, she was a lying manipulative bitch and the MC knows it. It took several years for the MC to recover and now he finally has healthy relationships and a strong support group of friends.

If we deliberately choose to ignore all the red flags, discard all the healthy relationships he has built and go after her again, I would love to see the consequences of doing this and I hope the game does not hold back.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
devlog.jpg

Happy Monday!

There's a lot of scenes that I'm excited to work on for this chapter and last week I got to mark one of them complete. On top of that, I have commissioned another track to be made. This one is Artemis' character theme. We're still working on the track, but it's coming along great and listening to the current draft had me tweak the script for the scene I plan to use it on. Once I'm satisfied with it, I'll cut a sample to preview. I don't wish to splurge all at once, so when you get to the scene. It's still a nice surprise.

I also did some work on how you navigate the game's menu. I removed the "Return" button from menus like DataLeaks, Memories, etc. Now you just simply right click and it'll close the menu. There's also an indicator at the upper left to remind you.

I'm also making some adjustments on how the game does its autosave when the chapter is nearing the end. I moved from Page 1 Slot 1 to Page 99 Slot 1. Additionally, that save will be present on the upper right of the Load page. So whether you're on page 1, 7, 20, etc. The end chapter save will always be there. This will be part of the 4.2 patch that I've been chipping away at. Minor bug fixes, update LI backgrounds for the DataLeaks (as seen above), updated V intro, updated digi.B logo (that thing had not been changed since CH1 and much of it has, haha), some visual fixes. It's a decent-sized patch which is why it's taking time.

Regarding the shirts, I'm still waiting on my test shirts to come in. USPS had been scheduled for today though I checked the tracking and it's still on the label created. I'm sure things are crazy with the holidays being in full throttle right now. But I'm just waiting on the shirt so I can confirm the quality is good and I'll send the link for the page.

As far as Chapter 5 development goes for last week. I stayed focused on posing and renders. The current count is 217 story renders. This week will be somewhat short in terms of render count due to the holidays. I'll be out of town to see family on Thursday and back in the dev seat on the following Tuesday, so there won't be an update next Monday. I'm bringing my laptop with me, however. So, I'll be shifting focus back to writing the script and inserting what renders are completed into the code.

So we can still expect progress to be made while I'm away later this week.

Last week, I did a bit of "fun render" where I try different things and learn a bit more to better my renders. This one I did of Artemis for the holidays. The same render you see as this week's devlog image. I attached the 4K version to this post and hope you enjoy it!

Happy Holidays everyone and have yourselves a great week!

digi.B

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes