mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Played Leap of Faith again (lost my saves), and got to the crossover in CH.7 with Kindra; that's the moment she (as DJ KINK) met Lexi, whereas in _ARTEMIS they've already worked together. That's how they exist in the same world, this game takes place in the other's future.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Played Leap of Faith again (lost my saves), and got to the crossover in CH.7 with Kindra; that's the moment she (as DJ KINK) met Lexi, whereas in _ARTEMIS they've already worked together. That's how they exist in the same world, this game takes place in the other's future.
wait! Leap of faith has DJ Kink in it? really?

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
devlog.jpg

Mornin' all

This devlog will be a brief one as I mainly focused on story renders. Speaking of story renders, one of the scenes I worked on this week has been one that I've been coming back to over and over since development on CH4 began. Those on Discord probably know which scene I'm talking about. After so much build-up, I wanted the dialogue in this scene to be perfect. As frustrating as this scene was to work on, I also had some fun with it. Did a little improv too, squeezing a little bit that I thought some of you might get a kick out of. I did have to move things around and had to search for an asset. Literally, only one exists which is crazy seeing how one would imagine it'd be like a water asset where you'd have several available. But I found it and with a little geometry editing of an asset, made it work. And that's all I'll share in that regard so as to not spoil anything. It made me chuckle and hopefully, it makes you guys chuckle too. On the subject of scenes, I'm getting real close to the main event of CH4. Which is both exciting and a bit daunting. Only because there are a number of "moving parts" involved with this scene. Lots planned depending on how you wish to "celebrate".

Also, thanks to everyone for dropping cities/countries for the shirt. This should be a special one as I'm able to involve you guys in the shirt's design. It's still hard to believe it's only been a bit over a year since releasing CH1 and so much has been accomplished since. I've done filmmaking as a hobby, back in my college days. 3D design and animation in high school. I've been writing for the hell of it as far back as I can recall. It's nice to find a medium of storytelling where I can combine all those hobbies into one. Albeit a little rusty since it's been 11 years since my last project, as reminded by Facebook's "On this day". I had a bit of a laugh when I saw this character I designed. I had completely forgotten about their jaw augment which made me wonder if that's why I gravitated to Artemis' base model. Or if digi has some augmented jaw fetish, haha.

To date, CH4 is at 2,764 story renders with two animations completed this week, with 6 scenes remaining. Today (Monday), I'll be working on the custom requests submitted all day today. Any that come in will be completed on the first week of August. Tuesday, I'll be laying the renders into the code. After which I'll be diving back into story renders for the rest of the week. And also working on a set required for a scene. I purchased all the assets required over the weekend, just need to bash them together so the set looks as unique as possible.

Look forward to more previews this week!
Have yourselves a wonderful week!

- digi.B

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
This is one of the few games I check F95 frequently for in hopes that the new version has dropped.

Dang... not yet.

I guess maybe I should go work on my own game then... hmmmm.....

Reactions: MrFriendly

Dr.Meep69

Jul 19, 2017
Anyone know when the next release is supposed to be?
From the Blog Post in June:

To date, CH4 is at 2,302 story renders and 9 scenes remain to be completed. For the sake of transparency, I want everyone to know CH4 is looking to be released sometime in August. Normally, when going into beta, it lasts for a week yet bugs are usually found still during release. So, I'll be letting the beta team work a little longer when I get to that phase in hopes of a smoother release. Bugs are inevitable, but I still hope we can squash as many as possible when CH4 gets to that point.

Look forward to more previews this week!

be well,

- digi.B

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i don't remember where i read it but the animation scenes on this game is 120 fps? Does higher frame per second increases development time significantly compared to the normal 60? 30? fps. (I don't even know what the standard fps for the genre is).

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Thank-you so much that really had me scratching my head, at first I thought it was the Venue she said he couldn't go to.
Then chapter 3 showed Lexi/Kink poster so I thought before chapter 1? But when Kink jumps the wrong MC she's all "what did you do to you hair?" then she looks at both his arms looking for the tribal sleeves which he didn't have in high school, just seemed like she knew what he looked like at this moment in time... sorry I feel like one of those people at comic con how points out discrepancies in a episode of Star Trek

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
artdevlog.jpg

Gewd mornin'!

This week I maintained focus on story renders. I took a small break and decided to work on some code. Mainly revise the code for music. I mentioned that I'll be slowly replacing the tracks from my composer who did an amazing job on Artemis' new main menu song. But this will take some time to catch up and replace the tracks. In the meantime, I'll be using music from another subscription-style website until everything is fully replaced. All this which I've mentioned already, but to my point. The new code allows me to name the file ch4track01.mp3 and all the info is pulled from the metadata. So when it comes time to swap the tracks for my original tracks, it doesn't completely mess with the code...in theory haha. I didn't want to spend too much time on this as I wanted to get back to story renders. But so far, graphically, it's looking a lot nicer. Disregard the placement, etc. I arranged it quickly. I won't update the UI assets until I'm done with story renders. Just wanted to take a mental break from rendering and work on some code. There's something about coding that's cathartic for me :)

Oh, and when I release CH4 I'll also be releasing the main menu song as well as DJ Kink's song then. Kind of want everything to be a surprise, but also wanted everyone to be aware these will be available to you should you want them, regardless of tier. When that time comes.

Speaking of code, I toyed around with how the main menu plays out. In CH3 I introduced that snazzy animation intro just before the menu appears and I'm really digging that. But I noticed when returning to the main menu from a playthrough, it'd be nice to be right at the menu. So, I have some methods written down for when I return to coding that will set it to play once until you next reboot the game. And I may take it a step further and add a feature in the config that sets it so it only plays once ever.

So as of right now, CH4 is at 2,939 story renders with just 3 scenes remaining. As I mentioned at the beginning of July, this week will be a short week for me with development. I'll be out of town during the weekend, so there will be another devlog on Friday evening instead of Monday. I plan on squeezing in a scene this week. But I'll be focusing on animations, so they can render out during the weekend while I'm gone. I'll also be going over the script for the Halloween event for when I return next Monday. It's a big event planned with lots of moving parts. Especially since I'm designing it to introduce the LiDAR app again. I'd say Ch4 is 80-85% there. Once I can say the Halloween event is all coded and rendered, it'll put it at 90%. At that point, I'll be putting everything together and doing my best to go through it with a fine tooth comb for any issues.

I'm still shooting for end of August release. Though to remind everyone, I'm giving the Beta Team two weeks to test instead of the usual one week. So Beta test may push the release. I just want to say that now so everyone is aware of the roadmap.

Nearly there! CH4, end of Book 1. It's exciting for me and I'm eager to have to you guys as soon as possible.

Have yourselves a great week!

- digi.B

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes