nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
I'm not complaining. I have to wait for Scrappy anyway ... although I might do a replay while waiting (see if I actually remember the good paths ...)
don't think you do. I just started a scrappy modded save and it's working fine
... so far

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Can't seem to launch the file since it's giving me the following message:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. Before loading the script. ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5 -- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------ Full traceback: File "/Users/anthonycaudron/Downloads/renpy-7.4.11-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap renpy.main.main() File "/Users/anthonycaudron/Downloads/renpy-7.4.11-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 427, in main renpy.loader.index_archives() File "/Users/anthonycaudron/Downloads/renpy-7.4.11-sdk/renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives index = handler.read_index(f) File "/Users/anthonycaudron/Downloads/renpy-7.4.11-sdk/renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read())) ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5"

Anyone know how to fix it?
Mind you, I downloaded the windows file through the torrent and I'm trying to launch it with a downloaded renpy player on my Mac. Copying and pasting the "game" file in the old Artemis download is also resulting into the same error.
there was some mention of issues with saves under page 1, file 1. but I'm tech challenged, no clue if that can cause game issues
I downloaded the google drive file, works perfectly

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
For anyone else using Linux, I just downloaded the Windoze torrent version. So far seems to work fine with wine - even with sound.

Just had to copy my saves from the previous version as wine saves backups in a different location. After that I was able to load from the last scene from my previous play through.

Also, torrent DL was really fast - (just over 3 min.)

Anyway, I'll change to the proper Linux version when it's available, but this is a surprisingly good stopgap solution in the short term.

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes