Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Happy Monday!

Another productive week. For the scene being worked on I brought in a number of custom props to help better stage the scene. I've also been doing a lot of zbrush work lately. This is a real stupid detail some might think, but I do get head pats every now and then when someone catches a detail I put in that most people probably wouldn't do.
The scene I'm working on involves Naomi. A proper spar should you choose to contact her during your down time. When I was working on importing the mouth guard, I noticed your upper lip bulges some when wearing one. So I took Naomi's model into zbrush and made a morph to make a convincing appearance that she's got a mouth guard on. Again stupid little detail but I liked how it came out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On the subject of zbrush, I've been wanting to do is move away from using shells for HD nipples (lewd talk here). I hate geoshells and try to avoid using them where I can. Artemis used to use geoshells and I got rid of them after CH2. Now I made my own HD nipple morphs. The ones you get in DAZ look like a giant ant or mosquito bites. And with the HD geoshell sometimes DAZ will spaz out and create these odd rings on the breasts. So rolled up the sleeves and finally created my own HD nips
versus DAZ's version of nips
Just some extra behind of the scenes I wanted to share. I'm always getting these ideas mid-scene and always try to find solutions to these issues or ideas. When working on a scene and if something doesn't exist in the DAZ store like a prop, or if a model has something I don't like. I either make it from scratch, bring it into blender or another 3d program and modify the object, then re-import it, or whatever. The worst thing I could tell myself is "forget it, because of "x" reason". It is a lot of work, but I'm pretty proud of the results I shared above and that makes the extra work worth it in the end.
Still chopping away at this current scene. After I wrap this one up, it's just one more scene left and it's a smooth ride downhill to the finish line since posing/scene staging are the biggest time-consuming of development for me.

That wraps it up for this devlog. Thank you everyone and be safe and stay hydrated!

-digi.B

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Happy Monday!

Another productive week. For the scene being worked on I brought in a number of custom props to help better stage the scene. I've also been doing a lot of zbrush work lately. This is a real stupid detail some might think, but I do get head pats every now and then when someone catches a detail I put in that most people probably wouldn't do.
The scene I'm working on involves Naomi. A proper spar should you choose to contact her during your down time. When I was working on importing the mouth guard, I noticed your upper lip bulges some when wearing one. So I took Naomi's model into zbrush and made a morph to make a convincing appearance that she's got a mouth guard on. Again stupid little detail but I liked how it came out.
On the subject of zbrush, I've been wanting to do is move away from using shells for HD nipples (lewd talk here). I hate geoshells and try to avoid using them where I can. Artemis used to use geoshells and I got rid of them after CH2. Now I made my own HD nipple morphs. The ones you get in DAZ look like a giant ant or mosquito bites. And with the HD geoshell sometimes DAZ will spaz out and create these odd rings on the breasts. So rolled up the sleeves and finally created my own HD nips
Just some extra behind of the scenes I wanted to share. I'm always getting these ideas mid-scene and always try to find solutions to these issues or ideas. When working on a scene and if something doesn't exist in the DAZ store like a prop, or if a model has something I don't like. I either make it from scratch, bring it into blender or another 3d program and modify the object, then re-import it, or whatever. The worst thing I could tell myself is "forget it, because of "x" reason". It is a lot of work, but I'm pretty proud of the results I shared above and that makes the extra work worth it in the end.
Still chopping away at this current scene. After I wrap this one up, it's just one more scene left and it's a smooth ride downhill to the finish line since posing/scene staging are the biggest time-consuming of development for me.

That wraps it up for this devlog. Thank you everyone and be safe and stay hydrated!

-digi.B
The greyscale nipples look like the mountains of Mars.

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
-digi.B
Uh, holy shit! The digi.B created nipples look incredible. If he could find a way to sell that to the Daz folks (like me), he would make a killing. I would love to be able to use that kind of morph in Daz.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
i nearly forgot the whole story damn...i really don't like how some devs take up to six month or more to deliver an update..it's simply not right to me
There are soooo many devs that release yearly! These are not teams of people getting paid to do this as their only source of income! These developers are people like you and me who have real jobs, life, and shit to deal with. AND they put out incredible works that we all live to enjoy. How can you possibly complain that something as good as Artemis takes a while to produce?

Patience, young man. When it comes out it will be amazing and well worth the wait. Patience.
Enjoy many of the thousands of other offerings while you wait.

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
There are soooo many devs that release yearly! These are not teams of people getting paid to do this as their only source of income! These developers are people like you and me who have real jobs, life, and shit to deal with. AND they put out incredible works that we all live to enjoy. How can you possibly complain that something as good as Artemis takes a while to produce?

Patience, young man. When it comes out it will be amazing and well worth the wait. Patience.
The development of the Game is the main source of income for the DigiB. I am not complaing just wanted to correct you. With that said he did allocate a lot of time for the steam release so there is also hope for faster releases going forward.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022

That's what I wanted to say yesterday, but well, it goes in one ear and out the other.

These people think that VN developers are like video game developers.... They want udaptes every month, even if it means that the quality of the game is greatly deteriorated... They're not patient, it takes time to develop a good game to meet fans' expectations... This isn't Ubisoft

Fernqvist

Jul 16, 2020
These people think that VN developers are like video game developers.... They want udaptes every month, even if it means that the quality of the game is greatly deteriorated... They're not patient, it takes time to develop a good game to meet fans' expectations... This isn't Ubisoft
I sure hope so, if these VN developers where like Ubisoft we would get a copy paste update once per year and they would charge 60$ and if you want 1 new scene it would be an additional 30$ for it while they are taking money from patreon.

Reactions: Elhemeer and Animas

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
I mentioned Ubisoft, but I could very well have mentioned another studio.... :unsure:

Last edited:

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
Shut up and Dance and Alternate Existence come to mind.
You are wrong about Shut up and Dance last update took 8 months and Alternate Existence took 5 months which is really not to far away from 6 months. Most quality games take sadly a lot of time to create.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I still don't get the point about this whole, Updating stuff, why is it so damn important if the updates take less then a month or longer?
or are they mere observations and I'm beeing victim of Poe's Law ?

Reactions: Jericho85
4.80 star(s) 378 Votes