PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Literally every dev of every game i play here apologizes when takes to long to release a update, Even when the "to long" is less than a year like is the case of digi.B
I'm friends with several great devs and they all work 10-12 hours every single day to write and render quality AVN's and games. TBH, we owe them our thanks. They should not have to apologize... well... maybe when updates go beyond six months wait time... it's nice to know that devs realize it's taking a long time... but, still... devs put a lot of time, effort and heart into these projects. To think they owe us anything is just selfish. I know these projects take a hell of a lot of time and effort! My thinking is always to wait patiently and always remember to say thank you. So, Thank you for an amazing game digi.B!!!

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat;)(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.10.15 - 16.51.30.36.png

bdjskajKIDD

Jul 6, 2023
no the exact opposite , the only "underaged" models i can remember is a flash back whit no sexual content
Ah great! I don't like to see that type of content. I stay away from it. Ever since I trusted a game that had an amazing look woman as the cover. As I'm playing it, a underage model appears and I quickly deleted it. So I try to look for comments to see if they are. That was the first one that popped up and I quickly asked about it. I read many good things about this game and it's story. I don't want it to be ruined by that type of "woman". It seems to be almost everywhere.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Ah great! I don't like to see that type of content. I stay away from it. Ever since I trusted a game that had an amazing look woman as the cover. As I'm playing it, a underage model appears and I quickly deleted it. So I try to look for comments to see if they are. That was the first one that popped up and I quickly asked about it. I read many good things about this game and it's story. I don't want it to be ruined by that type of "woman". It seems to be almost everywhere.
technically there are no avn's supported on this site that feature under aged as it is against site rules:

"Content (a game, image, video, story, animation, etc.) depicting nudity, sexualization or sexual/erotic activity involving prepubescent character(s) is prohibited. A "prepubescent character" is one that visually shows no sign of puberty, or if non-visual is otherwise clearly intended to represent a prepubescent character. 2D and 'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably. As this involves some discretion, if you are unsure ask a Staff Member. "

dev's bend these rules whit race's / models that are 18 or older in the story but have a younger appearance

Thats what makes whole Loli/shota thing a gray area but that isn't a discussion for this thread

bdjskajKIDD

Jul 6, 2023
technically there are no avn's supported on this site that feature under aged as it is against site rules:

"Content (a game, image, video, story, animation, etc.) depicting nudity, sexualization or sexual/erotic activity involving prepubescent character(s) is prohibited. A "prepubescent character" is one that visually shows no sign of puberty, or if non-visual is otherwise clearly intended to represent a prepubescent character. 2D and 'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably. As this involves some discretion, if you are unsure ask a Staff Member. "

dev's bend these rules whit race's / models that are 18 or older in the story but have a younger appearance

Thats what makes whole Loli/shota thing a gray area but that isn't a discussion for this thread
No worries. It's just something I need to ask. As I said, I found a game here where the model on the page showed a woman. In the preview, all they showed was the mom, sexual scenes with the mom. So I figured I got a milf game. I won't name the game for obvious reason(I also forgot the name), but when I started to play and get into the story, her daughter pops up and then they start to do things(underage) I exited the game and deleted it.

That is why I look for info about a game before downloading. I even check the hub(orange and black) that's aren't recommended by folks on a site (white emblem with a orange background. Sorry, not sure if site names are banned)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

I think you need to reread your post. 'Prepubescent' and 'under aged' are not the same thing. While this site supposedly frowns on prepubescent sex objects, it doesn't give a damn about underage (under 18). Of course, Patreon doesn't allow either to be openly depicted. So that might be what is confusing you.

Even this site's rules against lolis are often skirted, especially if the developer uses imaging techniques where it is difficult to tell someone's age.

Apr 9, 2019
Is this more of a kinetic novel than a VN? It just seems like the choices you do make have little impact, and the other 'choices' are made unilaterally by the MC themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: Elhemeer
Apr 9, 2019
I wouldn't call choices that steer you more or less completely off certain LI's path as having "little impact".
I think you're misunderstanding. For example, the MC calling Reina back, or turning down her job offer. Those are the sort of choices that the player should be making on behalf of the MC, as per the "adventure" tag implies.
Which F95 defines as:
"The player assumes the role of a MC in an interactive story driven by exploration and puzzle-solving."
https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/
It just feels like the player is being robbed of agency, which is expected in kinetic novels, but the tags specifically categorize this as an 'adventure visual novel'.

Last edited:

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021

Artemis DevLog - CH5

Happy new week!
I'm on track for October 30th release date! I'll give a proper change log on the release date but here's a few numbers
renders - 5,203 (this number may go up or down just by a few as I clean things up)
69 new tracks
33,506 lines of dialogue - This number felt low at first. But it'll make sense why once you've gone through this chapter.
The update will be about 3.5GB
I also feel I need to mention this chapter features only one lewd scene. I remember one guy being furious when ch3 dropped and there were only two and his tantrum gave me a chuckle. At this point though, it's safe to say Artemis is more story focused and lewds will come naturally. Depending on the character and how much has been invested in them thus far.
That said, this is a story heavy chapter. Book One ended an arc and Book Two continues the story and introduces another major arc. I was originally going to make CH5 shorter due to the amount of work I did recoding Book One to be controller and SteamDeck friendly for the Steam release, amongst other things. But even with so much fat trimmed, I can only trim so much for sake of story beat. Each chapter is laid out to bring each book to a conclusion and sets a foundation for the next book. But I am so relieved to finally be at this point. This has truly been development hell and I am looking forward to starting fresh with Chapter 6, once 5 has been released. But enough of that, we're 7 days away and I am really excited to release this next chapter!
In the next couple of weeks, I'll collect questions from anyone wanting to know more about Artemis, myself or future projects and answer them around the end of November.
Thank you again for your patience and support. I look forward to a nice break and hanging out with everyone again in Discord voice chats.
See you all next week and have yourselves a safe one!
- digi.B

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
I think you're misunderstanding. For example, the MC calling Reina back, or turning down her job offer. Those are the sort of choices that the player should be making on behalf of the MC, as per the "adventure" tag implies.
Which F95 defines as:
"The player assumes the role of a MC in an interactive story driven by exploration and puzzle-solving."
It just feels like the player is being robbed of agency, which is expected in kinetic novels, but the tags specifically categorize this as an 'adventure visual novel'.
Not all choices need to have a big impact. There is also exploration in game. So I would say it fits enough

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Monstrous Moonshine
Apr 9, 2019
Not all choices need to have a big impact. There is also exploration in game. So I would say it fits enough
Sure, but I'm into chapter two now, and I can't think of any "big impact" choices I've had to make on behalf of the MC outside of romance options, as would be covered by a "dating sim" tag. I like to have say over the direction of the overarching narrative too, not just choice of LI. Besides, this VN currently occupies the top 5th spot when sorting the adventure tag by weighted rating, I would therefore expect it to resemble that tag considerably.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Sure, but I'm into chapter two now, and I can't think of any "big impact" choices I've had to make on behalf of the MC outside of romance options, as would be covered by a "dating sim" tag. I like to have say over the direction of the overarching narrative too, not just choice of LI. Besides, this VN currently occupies the top 5th spot when sorting the adventure tag by weighted rating, I would therefore expect it to resemble that tag considerably.
Perhaps you should complete the FOUR chapters that have been released before issuing a verdict on this game's conformation with F95's Adventure Tag rule. You aren't even half-way through what has been released to date.

Apr 9, 2019
Perhaps you should complete the FOUR chapters that have been released before issuing a verdict on this game's conformation with F95's Adventure Tag rule. You aren't even half-way through what has been released to date.
FOUR whole chapters... you don't say?! Weird, and there was me thinking the version number had nothing to do with the amount of chapters present per release, can you believe that?! Yet, there are FOUR?! Huh, almost like I was asking what to expect, based upon my experience, to ensure that I wasn't going to sink my time into something that may not be for me. Almost like I was ensuring that it was tagged correctly, so that I was certain I was getting what I expected. But you do know what is really weird? No one picked up on fact. Instead, they immediately went on the defensive, despite the fact that I actually enjoy the aesthetics, writing, and broader setting. All so weird. God, this forum is so insufferable sometimes. :rolleyes:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
FOUR whole chapters... you don't say?! Weird, and there was me thinking the version number had nothing to do with the amount of chapters present per release, can you believe that?! Yet, there are FOUR?! Huh, almost like I was asking what to expect, based upon my experience, to ensure that I wasn't going to sink my time into something that may not be for me. Almost like I was ensuring that it was tagged correctly, so that I was certain I was getting what I expected. But you do know what is really weird? No one picked up on fact. Instead, they immediately went on the defensive, despite the fact that I actually enjoy the aesthetics, writing, and broader setting. All so weird. God, this forum is so insufferable sometimes. :rolleyes:
Here's the thing.

Would you start a completed game that had, say, 20 Chapters, with a Vaginal Sex tag; then complain that it is mis-tagged after playing two, because you haven't seen penetrative sex yet?

Tags are meant to show what is in the WHOLE game AS IT STANDS NOW, not what is in the first-two releases.

Anyway, if you don't think this game is for you, stop playing it.

Bye.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Which F95 defines as:
Every single "adventure" game will to some extent rob the player of some agency and railroad them a certain way, in order to move the story in a certain direction. It's literally impossible to allow for the otherwise infinite possibilities.

What you are asking for isn't a KN. A KN by definition is when there are NO choices to be made and the player does not interact with the story at all. One could argue that technically, even when all the choices do is to alter a few lines of dialog and doesn't change the story at all, it's not a KN.

Apr 9, 2019
Here's the thing.

Would you start a completed game that had, say, 20 Chapters, with a Vaginal Sex tag; then complain that it is mis-tagged after playing two, because you haven't seen penetrative sex yet?

Tags are meant to show what is in the WHOLE game AS IT STANDS NOW, not what is in the first-two releases.

Anyway, if you don't think this game is for you, stop playing it.

Bye.
I like the VN, I am asking because I like the VN, and I want to continue liking it. The reason I ask is because I want to ensure that I will not be disappointed, so it is a means to ameliorate my concerns. If the adventure aspects of the VN become more prominent, that's great. But no one said that, instead they immediately started questioning the definitions I was using, and attempting to ignore any and all criticism. A very common theme on F95 threads. Apologies if I overestimated your utility. Bye. :LOL:

Every single "adventure" game will to some extent rob the player of some agency and railroad them a certain way, in order to move the story in a certain direction. It's literally impossible to allow for the otherwise infinite possibilities.
Of course, but there are many examples of entirely branching narratives in VNs on F95. Such as Leap of Faith. In which the story ends completely differently based upon the choices you make. In fact, the progression itself is entirely different based upon the choices. You can complete one pathway, and only see a fraction of the total renders. So while infinite choices are obviously not possible, a multitude of choices, and their resulting pathways are, and have been done to a high degree of success. No one is expecting infinite choices, that's a strawman.

What you are asking for isn't a KN. A KN by definition is when there are NO choices to be made and the player does not interact with the story at all. One could argue that technically, even when all the choices do is to alter a few lines of dialog and doesn't change the story at all, it's not a KN.
Again. You are misunderstanding. I DO NOT want a KN, I DO want a VN, and one with a great degree of player agency. Such as, Leap of Faith, Once in a Lifetime, Desert Stalker, Eternum, and so on. I am making sure this VN is NOT like a KN. Do you understand now?

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Again. You are misunderstanding. I DO NOT want a KN, I DO want a VN, and one with a great degree of player agency. Such as, Leap of Faith, Once in a Lifetime, Desert Stalker, Eternum, and so on. I am making sure this game is NOT like a KN. Do you follow now?
Eternum? That's one I play. There is absolutely no more player agency in that game than in this one. The player has the ability to avoid LI's, which locks one out of some things, but that's about it. There is no choice in where to go, which quests to choose, which servers to enter. But each player is following the plot outlined by the developer.

By the way, Desert Stalker is a free-roam game, which by its nature affords more agency.

I get it, you want some choices that aren't offered to you here. But most VNs are like that. A player either likes what is being proffered or does not. It all comes down to opinions and preferences.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes