Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Again. You are misunderstanding. I DO NOT want a KN, I DO want a VN, and one with a great degree of player agency. Such as, Leap of Faith, Once in a Lifetime, Desert Stalker, Eternum, and so on. I am making sure this game is NOT like a KN. Do you follow now?
Eternum? That's one I play. There is absolutely no more player agency in that game than in this one. The player has the ability to avoid LI's, which locks one out of some things, but that's about it. There is no choice in where to go, which quests to choose, which servers to enter. But each player is following the plot outlined by the developer.

By the way, Desert Stalker is a free-roam game, which by its nature affords more agency.

I get it, you want some choices that aren't offered to you here. But most VNs are like that. A player either likes what is being proffered or does not. It all comes down to opinions and preferences.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Of course, but there are many examples of entirely branching narratives in VNs on F95. Such as Leap of Faith. In which the story ends completely differently based upon the choices you make. In fact, the progression itself is entirely different based upon the choices. You can complete one pathway, and only see a fraction of the total renders. So while infinite choices are obviously not possible, a multitude of choices, and their resulting pathways are, and have been done to a high degree of success. No one is expecting infinite choices, that's a strawman.
Really now, comparing a completed game like LoF to a game in progress like this one.

One could say and be 100% correct that LoF railroaded one into saving Cece. Not just once but twice. Or being friends with everyone except Stephanie. And you literally have no options but to have everyone except Stephanie present at the vacation invite. The "choice" to choose and lock in a path isn't until Chapter 4 in that game. And even then you are still railroaded into remaining close friends with everyone else with again the exception of Stephanie.

Yet you complain that this game in Chapter 2 is robbing you of agency when some of your choices along the way will be blocking certain paths by *gasp* Chapter 4.

Really, the only strawman I see here is you.

Apr 9, 2019
Eternum? That's one I play. There is absolutely no more player agency in that game than in this one.
And this is exactly why I am asking. Because I do not know, and I want to know before I sink more time into it. If this has as much choice as Eternum, that's wonderful. It will not disappoint me. Thank you for finally answering the question I asked all those posts ago. Your utility has been verified.

By the way, Desert Stalker is a free-roam game, which by its nature affords more agency.
Naturally. My meaning was more so in the choices you make narratively. Take for instance, if you choose to let the elf die, or were to kill the mutants. They potentially significantly alter the narrative itself.

I get it, you want some choices that aren't offered to you here. But most VNs are like that. A player either likes what is being proffered or does not. It all comes down to opinions and preferences.
Of course, everything within our agency in life is goverened by opinions and preferences. I will restate what I have already stated. I am greatly enjoying the narrative and worldbuilding of Artemis thus far. This entire thing has been fact-finding.

Really now, comparing a completed game like LoF to a game in progress like this one.
I will do as I please, this is my screed. :cool:

And even then you are still railroaded into remaining close friends with everyone else with again the exception of Stephanie.
Where did I say LoF was perfect? Do forgive me, my memory must be ailing in my advanced age. :unsure: I gave LoF as an example of choices, and a branching narrative, not as a perfect example. Nor did I characterize it as such. I have my own issues with LoF, such as the rushed somewhat unfulfilling ending, and the lack of slice of life content with Lexi post-proposal. I will say though, LoF seemingly had more impactful choices than I have currently experienced in Artemis, that's why I used it as a point of comparison. I am not saying that Artemis is inferior, I am just ensuring that it lives up to being an 'adventure visual novel', as the tags indicate. I do not have the knowledge, nor experience of Artemis, to make such a judgement myself, which I why I turned to this learnéd community of Artemisian scholars.

Yet you complain that this game in Chapter 2 is robbing you of agency when some of your choices along the way will be blocking certain paths by *gasp* Chapter 4.
Rest assured that I will personally let you know if this proves to not be the case. ;)

Really, the only strawman I see here is you.
That doesn't even make sense. I have been addressing your arguments directly, and not falsifying them to suit my intellectually dishonest needs. Such as your asinine introduction of "infinite choices". Alas, I lack your penchant easy wins. :sneaky:

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Eternum? That's one I play. There is absolutely no more player agency in that game than in this one. The player has the ability to avoid LI's, which locks one out of some things, but that's about it. There is no choice in where to go, which quests to choose, which servers to enter. But each player is following the plot outlined by the developer.

Thank you for your patience and level headedness, my friend. This person has been sucking up all of the air in this room which is why I have not yet commented until now, just to say thank you... because I just don't have the patience and TBH, what I would say would likely get me banned from the forum.

Adventure ever on, Phat:oops:

PS/Update: Yep... after his last post in between your last reply and mine to you here... Yep... had to go with the ignored status...

Apr 9, 2019
I would like to personally apologize to anyone I have offended. In all honesty, all I wanted to know was whether or not player agency is present within Artemis, and to what degree. I feel as though this intention has been muddied, and the outcome certainly not what I had originally intended. I got a little hot under the collar, and started retorting more than was warranted. Please accept my humble apologies. :giggle:

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022

Artemis DevLog - CH5

Happy new week!
I'm on track for October 30th release date! I'll give a proper change log on the release date but here's a few numbers
renders - 5,203 (this number may go up or down just by a few as I clean things up)
69 new tracks
33,506 lines of dialogue - This number felt low at first. But it'll make sense why once you've gone through this chapter.
The update will be about 3.5GB
I also feel I need to mention this chapter features only one lewd scene. I remember one guy being furious when ch3 dropped and there were only two and his tantrum gave me a chuckle. At this point though, it's safe to say Artemis is more story focused and lewds will come naturally. Depending on the character and how much has been invested in them thus far.
That said, this is a story heavy chapter. Book One ended an arc and Book Two continues the story and introduces another major arc. I was originally going to make CH5 shorter due to the amount of work I did recoding Book One to be controller and SteamDeck friendly for the Steam release, amongst other things. But even with so much fat trimmed, I can only trim so much for sake of story beat. Each chapter is laid out to bring each book to a conclusion and sets a foundation for the next book. But I am so relieved to finally be at this point. This has truly been development hell and I am looking forward to starting fresh with Chapter 6, once 5 has been released. But enough of that, we're 7 days away and I am really excited to release this next chapter!
In the next couple of weeks, I'll collect questions from anyone wanting to know more about Artemis, myself or future projects and answer them around the end of November.
Thank you again for your patience and support. I look forward to a nice break and hanging out with everyone again in Discord voice chats.
See you all next week and have yourselves a safe one!
- digi.B
For the first time i couldn't care less about lewd scenes, so glad this will be a story focused chapter.

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
Ah great! I don't like to see that type of content. I stay away from it. Ever since I trusted a game that had an amazing look woman as the cover. As I'm playing it, a underage model appears and I quickly deleted it. So I try to look for comments to see if they are. That was the first one that popped up and I quickly asked about it. I read many good things about this game and it's story. I don't want it to be ruined by that type of "woman". It seems to be almost everywhere.
There is just a few scenes of younger Kindra and the MC showing context on how they knew each other in school and how she was a prodigy. Just backstory, nothing sinister or insinuated.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
You can still be team Zoe ... She's still part of the story, she just won't be an LI option.
thanks my friend, Yes still a great game and story, and I understand why she was "terminated" a bummer that I had to fall for the less popular girl, for me, the game lost a lot of its apeal because of that.
just saying, not complainig, nor asking to bring her back, and well maybe i got some scenes with her who knows (I think it is not very probable) the future will tell.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
a single "lewd" scene?! then why add so many potential LIs in the first place, lol.
these devs are something else :D
You can develop a relationship on more fronts besides the physical. It's a necessary component to a relationship for sure, but not sufficient. I imagine we're going to get more development on the emotional front with the current LIs.

Reactions: vireker

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
a single "lewd" scene?! then why add so many potential LIs in the first place, lol.
these devs are something else :D
1 year and 2 weeks and it will have one lewd scene, sex not mentioned, it can be some masturbation scene for all we know, like Kindra at the concert, or if it is a full sex scene it will 99% be with Naomi, or V, girls most don't give a fuck about. 1695107778446 (1).png Paige, Reina, Doc K fans see you in 3 years time when our route will finally start.
image.jpg

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020

Artemis DevLog - CH5

Happy new week!
I'm on track for October 30th release date! I'll give a proper change log on the release date but here's a few numbers
renders - 5,203 (this number may go up or down just by a few as I clean things up)
69 new tracks
33,506 lines of dialogue - This number felt low at first. But it'll make sense why once you've gone through this chapter.
The update will be about 3.5GB
I also feel I need to mention this chapter features only one lewd scene. I remember one guy being furious when ch3 dropped and there were only two and his tantrum gave me a chuckle. At this point though, it's safe to say Artemis is more story focused and lewds will come naturally. Depending on the character and how much has been invested in them thus far.
That said, this is a story heavy chapter. Book One ended an arc and Book Two continues the story and introduces another major arc. I was originally going to make CH5 shorter due to the amount of work I did recoding Book One to be controller and SteamDeck friendly for the Steam release, amongst other things. But even with so much fat trimmed, I can only trim so much for sake of story beat. Each chapter is laid out to bring each book to a conclusion and sets a foundation for the next book. But I am so relieved to finally be at this point. This has truly been development hell and I am looking forward to starting fresh with Chapter 6, once 5 has been released. But enough of that, we're 7 days away and I am really excited to release this next chapter!
In the next couple of weeks, I'll collect questions from anyone wanting to know more about Artemis, myself or future projects and answer them around the end of November.
Thank you again for your patience and support. I look forward to a nice break and hanging out with everyone again in Discord voice chats.
See you all next week and have yourselves a safe one!
- digi.B
Getting laid once per year is worse than in real life and we are here looking for some action in VN,lol.

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes