MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I wasn't laughing at you, that laugh was aimed squarely at whoever is thinking making her a love interest is a good idea.

I read a lot of really dumb shit on these forums, a LOT of really dumb shit.

Nothing quite so dumb as someone writing a character to be an utter cunt then deciding "I know .... she'll be perfect for romance because tits" I say tits because she has no personality.

These stories take a bit of suspension of disbelief as it is but making a woman that was the personal antagonist of the MC and literally fucked his life up then making that person a love interest is dumb beyond all compare.

Someone mentioned Steph from Leap of Faith who's only crime was ghosting the MC, that was it. She didn't steal his lifes work and leave him drunk in the gutter needing therapy just to go out, no comparison.

I don't...

I can't.....

That's just silly as fuck.

It can't be true...

In order to make that work would take mental gymnastics even Simone Biles couldn't compete with.

She ruined his life, there is no redemption ark for that.

"I lost everything thanks to you, spent years in therapy living in squalor barely surviving with constant thoughts of suicide ....... wanna bang"
Yeah, I understand. I don't see Steph or Fiona (Last Call) as comparable either, not that I felt Steph's explanation was very good at all. The whole setup of this game, where Cassandra fucked over the MC and he ended up with trust issues, makes me skeptical about the whole HoI, Reina, and Cassandra. The MC won't drink alcohol because of Cassandra's betrayal and a desire not to lose control yet he will allow himself to be naked and blindfolded in a room full of strangers? He spent three years in therapy trying to work through his trust issues yet he instantly moves in with Kindra and trusts her completely? And then, theoretically, he is going to forgive and trust Reina AND maybe eventually forgive Cassandra...

Just really have to see how the story proceeds, maybe digi.b will leave Cassandra as the antagonist and we will get some more flashbacks of the MC's relationship with her. I really want there to be nothing in terms of a reconciliation or redemption for Cassandra. I don't want the whole "females all must be fuckable" rule that some people have on here to play out. Nor do I want to see a large amount of development time spent on Cassandra as anything other than an antagonist. Guess we shall have to wait and see... Anxious for more of the game to come out.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah, I understand. I don't see Steph or Fiona (Last Call) as comparable either, not that I felt Steph's explanation was very good at all. The whole setup of this game, where Cassandra fucked over the MC and he ended up with trust issues, makes me skeptical about the whole HoI, Reina, and Cassandra. The MC won't drink alcohol because of Cassandra's betrayal and a desire not to lose control yet he will allow himself to be naked and blindfolded in a room full of strangers? He spent three years in therapy trying to work through his trust issues yet he instantly moves in with Kindra and trusts her completely? And then, theoretically, he is going to forgive and trust Reina AND maybe eventually forgive Cassandra...

Just really have to see how the story proceeds, maybe digi.b will leave Cassandra as the antagonist and we will get some more flashbacks of the MC's relationship with her. I really want there to be nothing in terms of a reconciliation or redemption for Cassandra. I don't want the whole "females all must be fuckable" rule that some people have on here to play out. Nor do I want to see a large amount of development time spent on Cassandra as anything other than an antagonist. Guess we shall have to wait and see... Anxious for more of the game to come out.
Yeah, I really feel the whole sorority was totally useless and hurt the story more than helped it.

Among all, I'd still say that the thing I dislike the most is how MC treated the nerdy girl (sorry, cannot remember her name). Not only it made MC a very unlikeable character in that regard, it is also very inconsistent.

I mean, no matter how in love you are. You had made significant process with her, would you really discard all that? Doubtful.

Anyway, I am hoping these are all nitpicky things, and the story really focus on nerdy girl, Artemis and Koko.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just really have to see how the story proceeds,
I loved everything apart from the job part because I know the story is going to make us work there yet nobody with any common sense would take that job now.

There is no job security which I hope people looking for full time employment would be looking for. She turned him down for fickle reasons and is about to change her mind yet again. I wouldn't trust her as employer as far as I could throw a tank and being a tiny girl with all the strength of a wet noodle my chances of throwing a skateboard any distance isn't high nevermind something that weighs in the tonnes.

Don't trust her, don't like her. I'd rather clean toilets and live off Pot Noodles than wonder if i'm going to get another phonecall telling me my jobs gone because the owner of the company can't think for herself.

Then there is a Cass as a love interest that I just find laughable.

Then again, the simple fact someone even mentioned a Cass route shows people give zero fucks about the story and just see tits so I really shouldn't be surprised.

I would find it hard to take it seriously if she was a love interest. It would make me think this is a comedy and we're just waiting for the punchline.

I'm hoping the dev has far more sense than to take a character that ruined the MC's life and make her a love interest. It doesn't get any less dumb the more I type it.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, I really feel the whole sorority was totally useless and hurt the story more than helped it.

Among all, I'd still say that the thing I dislike the most is how MC treated the nerdy girl (sorry, cannot remember her name). Not only it made MC a very unlikeable character in that regard, it is also very inconsistent.

I mean, no matter how in love you are. You had made significant process with her, would you really discard all that? Doubtful.

Anyway, I am hoping these are all nitpicky things, and the story really focus on nerdy girl, Artemis and Koko.
Kindra... And yeah, the MC wasn't great to her but then a teenager in high school who is dating the "love of his life" wouldn't be expected to be a super awesomely sensitive person.

The whole sorority should have been something completely different. It is a weak and disappointing "brothel"/package of women of various flavors that hurts the storyline more than it helps. I want to see the MC struggle with trust issues and slowly getting to know people, I don't want to see him indiscriminately fucking women he just met but refraining from alcohol because he just can't trust people.

I loved everything apart from the job part because I know the story is going to make us work there yet nobody with any common sense would take that job now.

There is no job security which I hope people looking for full time employment would be looking for. She turned him down for fickle reasons and is about to change her mind yet again. I wouldn't trust her as employer as far as I could throw a tank and being a tiny girl with all the strength of a wet noodle my chances of throwing a skateboard any distance isn't high nevermind something that weighs in the tonnes.

Don't trust her, don't like her. I'd rather clean toilets and live off Pot Noodles than wonder if i'm going to get another phonecall telling me my jobs gone because the owner of the company can't think for herself.

Then again, the simple fact someone even mentioned a Cass route shows people give zero fucks about the story and just see tits so I really shouldn't be surprised.

I would find it hard to take it seriously if she was a love interest. It would make me think this is a comedy and we're just waiting for the punchline.

I'm hoping the dev has far more sense than to take a character that ruined the MC's life and make her a love interest. It doesn;t get any less dumb the more I type it.
I agree with every word you just typed, we may have to create a drinking game for every time we roll our eyes while playing the game. LOL

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Kindra... And yeah, the MC wasn't great to her but then a teenager in high school who is dating the "love of his life" wouldn't be expected to be a super awesomely sensitive person.
I was talking less about "sensible guy" and more about "you created koko with her". And koko was a freaking success!

Reactions: MrFriendly

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, at this point, we only have three options.
  1. Work at Initium Vitas.
  2. Work at TWRR
  3. Work on Artemis only.
For #2 to work, Cassandra needs to be kicked to the curb after the way she was hamulated. Actually, she should be kicked to the curb either way. The biggest downside, story-wise, is it that it will conflict with his connection to INK. I don't think it is going to happen based upon the set-up we have so far.

With no other companies in the running, #3 seems to be the best real-world option. Work on Artemis and blow both companies out of the water. It would not be as much of a conflict with INK, but it would not be easy. This path would also be vulnerable to industrial espionage on two fronts.

I think #1 is the only viable one for the story. a) you maintain contact with INK, and IV helps shield from industrial espionage. Ideally, the Artemis project would be independent of your work with IV, but I think eventually, the two of you (Kindra and MC) must bring the project to IV for funding and protection. Before that happens, trust would have to be repaired with Reina.

We know it has to happen, but hopefully we don't have to suspend our believe too much for it. It would also not be satisfying if this male protagonist ended up taking over a female owned and led company due to his "uber maleness." I'm sure we have some players who'd love to enact that particular fantasy, but I would be sorely disappointed.
Laughable? Spit-take-able!

Reactions: jufot

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I've traveled the world and the seven seas
Everybody's lookin' for something

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

The sweet sweet dreams of teenage love.
MC started with the babe who would work with him on his life project - A.I.
Then the minute he got noticed, the school bimbo started to take a shine on to him.
As a boy eater, she sunk her claws deep - his previous work induced relationship was
just blown outta water.

I'm hoping the dev has far more sense than to take a character that ruined the MC's life and make her a love interest. It doesn't get any less dumb the more I type it.
They were innocent kids making competition be more than it needed to be:
we all know study buddies, bullies stealing homeworks, the whole reality of school.
Girls fighting over boys as a favorite pass time - that gave the rush to overcome all.

Last edited:

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
I'm looking forward to an Artemis marathon hopefully this coming weekend -

AUG 2, 2021 AT 3:11 AM

Unlocked
_Artemis Development Log

Happy Monday!!

I'll keep this update short since not a whole lot remains to be worked on. I've completed stitching together the scenes and animations, I only found one issue with an animation and that is scheduled to be done rendering in a few more hours. I also added some additional renders for scenes I felt really helped. All the scenes have been laid out and coded. All that remains is reviewing the variables, organizing the code, complete the soundtrack and a few more assets remain to be created. Mostly small things. However, that said I'll be sending the beta for testing before this weekend!! :)

Have yourselves a fantastic rest of your week!!

digi.B

Last edited:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
I know that I am in the minority, but I like Cassandra and would really like to see several routes with her.
For example, it looks like the game will have a route of redemption. I have no idea how it will be done, given that everything she did to the MC, but it could be a story where she loses everything, rethinks her actions, starts going to the same psychiatrist as MC, and together they try to reconcile and heal mental trauma.
It doesn't have to be a love line, it could just be a story where they make peace with each other.

Or it could be a story where Cassandra is desperate (because she cannot finish her project) offers the MC a place in the company, a partnership, herself and a lot of money in return for his soul. Such a deal with the devil.

If something like this happens, I will be glad. If not, I will not be upset, because, for now, the main girls for me in the game are Kindra, Kati, and Paige.

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
I know that I am in the minority, but I like Cassandra and would really like to see several routes with her.
For example, it looks like the game will have a route of redemption. I have no idea how it will be done, given that everything she did to the MC, but it could be a story where she loses everything, rethinks her actions, starts going to the same psychiatrist as MC, and together they try to reconcile and heal mental trauma.
It doesn't have to be a love line, it could just be a story where they make peace with each other.

Or it could be a story where Cassandra is desperate (because she cannot finish her project) offers the MC a place in the company, a partnership, herself and a lot of money in return for his soul. Such a deal with the devil.

If something like this happens, I will be glad. If not, I will not be upset, because, for now, the main girls for me in the game are Kindra, Kati, and Paige.
In a some ways, I join you in that minority opinion. Even though in my playthrough I hope to inflict as much pain on Cassandra as possible, I like knowing my choices really matter, and that there are other options that go in a completely different direction. Even though I won't take the redemption path, knowing it's available improves the game experience for me. I assume that's a lot of extra work for the developer. But considering the apparent productivity of digi.B, I think it's feasible.

Reactions: dolfe67 and m4pII

jufot

May 15, 2021
Agreed. I'm a big believer in redemption, and while I can't yet see how it would fit with the story we've seen so far, I have confidence in digi.B to write a rational, feasible story.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018

Cassandra is in the LIs screen in the game, so unless Digi.b take her out of there, we have to assume the woman has a route. Obviously the simplest approach is a redemption arc. But that's my issue with that. Cassandra is not a troubled person, her actions were calculated as fuck, so, i wouldn't like that.

For me, the Cassie route should be like the dark side route in old Star Wars games. One where the MC becomes a villain protagonist. Interestingly, for me a start of darkness route would be more feasible than a redemption one for Cassandra. She seems way too narcisistic and/or sociopathic to have some kind of epiphany.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Cassandra is in the LIs screen in the game, so unless Digi.b take her out of there, we have to assume the woman has a route. Obviously the simplest approach is a redemption arc. But that's my issue with that. Cassandra is not a troubled person, her actions were calculated as fuck, so, i wouldn't like that.

For me, the Cassie route should be like the dark side route in old Star Wars games. One where the MC becomes a villain protagonist. Interestingly, for me a start of darkness route would be more feasible than a redemption one for Cassandra. She seems way too narcisistic and/or sociopathic to have some kind of epiphany.

Yeah, the MC would have to be stupidly naïve and trusting to give Cassandra a second chance. She got him drunk, fucked him, and then had him sign his part of the project over to her. She then parlayed that into a partnership, where she is fucking the son of one of the partners, then every time she sees the MC she twists the knife she buried in his back. How the fuck is there any redemption for her?

If the MC turns to the dark side, steals from Kindra, fucks over the House of Ink, and then uses Cassandra to rise to the top (before discarding her) I could see that working as a storyline. But for Cassandra to realize what she's "lost" (destroyed) three years after the fact and suddenly decide to reconcile with the MC would be a ridiculous storyline. Unlike a soda can, Cassandra has no redemption value. She is a perfect antagonist and I hope stays that way.

4.80 star(s) 377 Votes