Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Appreciate that Digi at least updates their audience, some game devs just upload a wallpaper bi-weekly with zero context.

Not that it is wrong, it is just not good communication I guess
TBF, most people on F95 would probably rather have pics of tibbies and booty instead of words. Consider all the scrubs out there who click through 40+ minutes of content in 5 minutes and then complain that the "update is too short".

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023
Lots of arguing over opinion... so here is mine:

1. I track a lot of AVNs and the update cycle of this title seems long
2. Long update cycles can't really be judged until the final product is examined. Maybe it's a "good" long.
3. If you want to put your money into Patreon for dev support more power to you
4. With so many titles which never finish coupled with the fact that Patreon forces you into a subscription model I don't have a huge incentive to contribute.
5. Because I'm not paying I make a solid effort not to criticize. If I want to bitch, I should have some skin the game.
6. Discovering an amazing AI and then taking it to a mall is fucking stupid! (yes I just violated rule five)

So, devs, good luck and thank you for the update. Any update at all is better than silence. Peace!

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
6. Discovering an amazing AI and then taking it to a mall is fucking stupid! (yes I just violated rule five)
Agree but was a amazing update for many players me included cause it made for a fun and wholesome time with artemis even if you didn't like it. For me personally it was one of the best chapters / updates I have seen in an AVN because how entertaining artemis was. But yeah there was things that didn't make any logical sense to do but sometimes you got to say logic be dammed if it makes for something enjoyable or fun.

aruzen19

Apr 23, 2023
When I reached a part of the game that mentioned the android having a fully functional human reproductive organ and being capable of serving as a surrogate... I was immediately struck by the idea of an ending where Artemis could be pregnant.

VaderExMachina

Brazilian Sith Lord
Donor
Nov 21, 2022
When I reached a part of the game that mentioned the android having a fully functional human reproductive organ and being capable of serving as a surrogate... I was immediately struck by the idea of an ending where Artemis could be pregnant.
Artemis is a love interest, so that is surely a possibility

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
1. That would be a sound argument if the AI in question wasn't capable of self-awareness, or didn't look like a normal human being from the outside. She can easily pass as a human in a crowd or in front of strangers. Maybe not by herself, but she's not by herself so that's fine.

2. She's like a child who needs to experience the world outside to learn. Confining her too much wouldn't be good for her "mental" health. Even if this mall trip might have been a little prematured, it was an amazing idea plotwise and characterwise.

3. They didn't "discover" Artemis, they made her. MC, Kindra, and Kindra's parents made Artemis.

4. The fact you calling HER a "it" makes me want to throw you out the window with Cassandra.

5. I don't know what rule five is. Anonymous never forgives ?

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
They didn't "discover" Artemis, they made her. MC, Kindra, and Kindra's parents made Artemis.
I wouldn't say MC and Kindra made her per se. Kindra did find her at some point prior to the game's start. they only recently started working on her code and since MC has some experience with AI, it makes sense to bring him in on this. not trying to be a jerk but your statement was somewhat wrong. now if it was Koko, it would be different since MC and Kindra built her

Reactions: NadaMucho

Big_Bad

Jun 27, 2024
1. That would be a sound argument if the AI in question wasn't capable of self-awareness, or didn't look like a normal human being from the outside. She can easily pass as a human in a crowd or in front of strangers. Maybe not by herself, but she's not by herself so that's fine.

2. She's like a child who needs to experience the world outside to learn. Confining her too much wouldn't be good for her "mental" health. Even if this mall trip might have been a little prematured, it was an amazing idea plotwise and characterwise.

3. They didn't "discover" Artemis, they made her. MC, Kindra, and Kindra's parents made Artemis.

4. The fact you calling HER a "it" makes me want to throw you out the window with Cassandra.

1. Its a matter of safety and security. There is a competition for the most advanced general AI and the ex-bitch will try again to put her hands on MC's "project". I was quite nervous of the whole interaction, especially when MC left Artemis with the Tech Cam girl. She noticed the "arm implant", but completely left out how the Artemis'es spine\back looks. I only hope that Tchaika is a fully good character and wont compromise Artemis.
2. She does, but it can be done in a safer environment and in smaller steps. The mall was quite a jump that almost went bad.
4. True.
5. Their own rule regarding the criticism.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NadaMucho

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I wouldn't say MC and Kindra made her per se. Kindra did find her at some point prior to the game's start. they only recently started working on her code and since MC has some experience with AI, it makes sense to bring him in on this. not trying to be a jerk but your statement was somewhat wrong. now if it was Koko, it would be different since MC and Kindra built her
That's just semantics. MC and Kindra worked on her. Even if Kindra's parents made the heavy lifting, MC and Kindra also contributed. Their work allowed Artemis to "wake up". They did not just find her, flipped the "ON" switch, and decided to bring her to the mall.
1. Its a matter of safety and security. There is a competition for the most advanced general AI and the ex-bitch will try again to put her hands on MC's "project". I was quite nervous of the whole interaction, especially when MC left Artemis with the Tech Cam girl. She noticed the "arm implant", but completely left out how the Artemis'es spine\back looks. I only hope that Tchaika is a fully good character and wont compromise Artemis.
2. She does, but it can be done in a safer environment and in smaller steps. The mall was quite a jump that almost went bad.
4. True.
5. Their own rule regarding the criticism.
1. So yeah okay it was dangerous. But if you're afraid that the competition is spying or might try to steal her, then the only solution is to completely confine her to "protect" her. You might want to invite some trusted people in for a party, but it's not the outside world then. Either you bring her to a more secluded place, which is dangerous precisely because of the lack of people, OR you bring her to a crowded place, like the mall, which is dangerous because of the amount of people. Either way is dangerous.

2. Back to the my 1st point, there's no safer environment or smaller steps. Bringing her outside is dangerous no matter what. The presence of MC is supposed to make it safer, but he gets distracted like an idiot and let Artemis walk away. This could have happened litterally everywhere else. Plus the risk is reduced by the fact that no one is supposed to know of her existence yet. This was the only update this could have happened (because apparently they show her to the public in the next update, so the risk will increase).

Oh, and she needed clothes too, so I'll say this again: plotwise, this was perfect.

I guess I wasn't stressed out because I didn't think Digi.B would make us lose her the very update she finally wake up. Not a lot of people knows she exists yet, so the risks were minimal to me, and I just enjoyed her fun interactions with MC and V. Being overprotective is also dangerous in its own way.

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023

1. You just found an AI and you don't know what it's capabilities/dangers might be. Probably why you sit in the apartment trying to figure them out before you take it out.
2. See number 1
3. Elon Musk could have made it but still... see number 1
4. Do your thing but that's like calling a toaster a "her"
5. Rule five is the one above rule 6, like in your quote

Last edited:

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023
I would like to add that I firmly believe the creation of synthetic life will bring the Reapers down on us.

Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. That which you know as Reapers are your salvation through destruction. -Harbinger
reapers.jpg

Last edited:

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
1. You just found an AI and you don't know what it's capabilities/dangers might be. Probably why you sit in the apartment trying to figure them out before you take it out.
2. See number 1
3. Elon Musk could have made it but still... see number 1
4. Do your thing but that's like calling a toaster a "her"
5. Rule five is the one above rule 6, like in your quote

1. Again, they didn't FIND an AI. They WORKED on said AI. And they've already done some tests on her, so they know she's at least not going to go murder hobos on people. They're not going in completely blind and deaf. They know Artemis won't suddenly blast out a minigun and shoot everyone there.
2. See number 1.
3. Well no, because this is a fiction and not real life. If one day an AI gain the capability to be self-aware, it will probably be handle very poorly. Kindra and MC are smart and kind, so they treat Artemis exactly how she should be treated, by aknowledging what she is and how she perceive the world around her and herself.
4. Kay, then I guess we're just some balls of meat uncapable of talking to each other with word- oh wait. She's capable of self-awareness so yes, I call her a her. She's a fully functionnal self-aware genoid, who needs to experience the world to mature and learn. But, yeah do your thing too and just ignore the entire premise of the story. Very original. Haven't seen that before at all.
5. Let me guess, it's also the one under rule 4 ? Genius.

Anywho, the fact you call her a toaster just discredit your entire opinion about every scene with Artemis in it anyway. Like many humans you'd probably handle self-aware AI horribly in real life. Unless you're just joking, which I'm starting to suspect at this point. In both case, my point is made and the case is closed on my part: taking her to the mall was a great idea all around, and I'm done answering you seriously.

Damn I have no image from Artemis to go with that conclusion, I need to replay this game :KEK:
I would like to add that I firmly believe the creation of synthetic life will bring the Reapers down on us.
Yes.

4.70 star(s) 387 Votes