Someshyguy

Jul 11, 2019
Seems like I stumbled on another hidden gem.

Sad to read will have to w8 for Doc, oh well...

Didn't know the "intro with main/flagship girl" style was so.. widespread(?) At first I thought of it more.. 'creator-specific'. Speaking of, this one seems rather intriguing (yeah I remembered to type the name haha); in most other similar games yours truly tried, you get acquainted pretty much instantly. Curious to see how it will happen here since you turn down the job offering (which I didn't like much but anyways)

Reactions: ShameShameShame

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Does anyone else can't call both Zelda and Katy even with the mod? (Scrappy mod)
Every time bring one home I get an error and can't call the other
Hey I had a similar issue and couldn't see any solution posted so I don't know if you figured anything out. For me, I only got the option to call Katy first. I had to go through the date with Katy, never take any of the options to glance at the painting model Meghan, and then agree to go somewhere private and have the sex scene with Katy and after that I could call Zelda (which was the only option there).

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I know that the need to use "free" or low cost music is a limiting factor for most developers - which is why most games and VNs music sucks hog balls and sounds like you have a kids carnival running in the background. Free sound effects sound like the old Halloween sound effects from an LP record played on a tabletop turntable and the voice effects all sound like Japanese school girls getting their fingernails pulled out. I NEVER play with sound on. No music no sound effects and no voices.
For some reason I decided to go back and listen to this game. This game has the best soundtrack of any game/VN I've ever played. For the first time ever, I feel like the soundtrack actually adds to the title rather than acts as a distraction. There are other music themed games that the music is ludicrously bad in, but it's well done here. Purpose written movie soundtrack quality? No, but the Dev doesn't have the budget to have Daft Punk score Artemis either :ROFLMAO:

This is one title that I do now have the music on for (and sound effects for barking ;))

Eternum is another one that does pretty well. The music there is still obviously open-source, but fits the scenes really well and transitions well.

Now instead of "mute all" as soon as I download a title, I at least give it a chance for the first few scenes..........then "mute all" for 99.5% of them :eek:

Reactions: _BB_

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
I know that the need to use "free" or low cost music is a limiting factor for most developers - which is why most games and VNs music sucks hog balls and sounds like you have a kids carnival running in the background. Free sound effects sound like the old Halloween sound effects from an LP record played on a tabletop turntable and the voice effects all sound like Japanese school girls getting their fingernails pulled out. I NEVER play with sound on. No music no sound effects and no voices.
For some reason I decided to go back and listen to this game. This game has the best soundtrack of any game/VN I've ever played. For the first time ever, I feel like the soundtrack actually adds to the title rather than acts as a distraction. There are other music themed games that the music is ludicrously bad in, but it's well done here. Purpose written movie soundtrack quality? No, but the Dev doesn't have the budget to have Daft Punk score Artemis either :ROFLMAO:

This is one title that I do now have the music on for (and sound effects for barking ;))

Eternum is another one that does pretty well. The music there is still obviously open-source, but fits the scenes really well and transitions well.

Now instead of "mute all" as soon as I download a title, I at least give it a chance for the first few scenes..........then "mute all" for 99.5% of them :eek:
I muted your response because it seemed like a distraction. Just kidding, I concur

akkurt

Nov 1, 2020

artemis_update121321.jpg

Good morning!
Busier week than usual with development. With my list of to-dos gradually depleting, things are entering that hyper-focused stage where I'm constantly going over things and seeing what I missed (renders/animations/code/features/etc.) as I continue with the remaining scenes. This means I have put aside extra things as I'm trying to stay focused. One of those things was the Steam release. I've decided that I am going to hold off and align it to be launched with Chapter 4's release. Chapter 4 is a big chapter that's being planned and having Chapters 1-4 on Steam will be a lot better anyways. So, to stay focused on Chapter 3 and just an overall better time to release, I'm holding off on it. I've actually haven't even worked on that in over a month because it just hasn't been on my priority list. The second item I had to set aside are the shirts. I still plan on doing them and I'll be going through a third-party site to set them up and make them available for anyone who wants one. For those new, it was suggested by one of you to make a DJ Kink shirt and I thought it was a great idea. But I've been really busy with development and haven't resumed working on the shirts. So that will also be back on the plate after Chapter 3's update.

I apologize if I haven't responded to DMs or been on Discord as often lately. It's the same as when Chapter 2 was at this stage of development where I kept focus on development until release. Big thanks to Discord mods for helping keep things running there and keeping you guys entertained. Also, same reason for the other items I've had to set aside. I'll also finish up the "Good Morning" and "Good Night" renders for those on Discord. They're real fun to make, so I like to take my time on them. But with Chapter 3 getting closer and closer to completion, those too have to be put on hold.

I completed 337 renders this week tallying up the renders to date at 2,157. Two animations were also completed this week. There are six scenes that remain for Chapter 3. And my goal this week is to try to complete at least three scenes. I will assure nothing will be rushed though. We're getting closer and closer and I thank everyone for their patience!

I also worked a bit on the music room. It was mentioned that the new music room would make a great wallpaper. So, I added it to the queue and rendered it in 4K for those who want it. I've attached it to this post.
Look forward to more previews this week!
and of course, have yourselves a wonderful week!
digi.B
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
Damnn for a .2 this VN has a lot of content and it looks like we got a 2.5k render update around the corner.
This thing will go places if it keeps this pace! It has a great score already but the thread can grow so much still judging by the amount of comments here. Artemis really deserves it, everything is top notch, specially the animations.

It went straight to my top 10 and depending on this update should probably shoot up to top 5, the sky is the limit!

Glad to be here.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
It went straight to my top 10 and depending on this update should probably shoot up to top 5, the sky is the limit!

Glad to be here.
Agree. For a college/university themed game, it has a mature script, unlike 99% of the other college/university games on this site which are nothing more than an extension of high school. It's been a long (as in long) time since I went to college, but when I did it was nothing like what's depicted in most of these games. But this author(s) seems to have struck a nice balance, at least so far.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Agree. For a college/university themed game, it has a mature script, unlike 99% of the other college/university games on this site which are nothing more than an extension of high school. It's been a long (as in long) time since I went to college, but when I did it was nothing like what's depicted in most of these games. But this author(s) seems to have struck a nice balance, at least so far.
The best part about college (university) for me was the annoying realization that I just spent hundreds of dollars on books I wasn't ever going to fucking use.

The best part about AFTER college is realizing I just spent thousands of dollars "learning" shit I was probably never going to fucking use (I suspect doctors and such probably don't have this issue).

So basically college costs money and doesn't really do much for you aside from getting you a few pieces of paper that prove you were dumb enough to buy the books and had nothing better to do for 4-12 years, degree dependent.

Not that I'm cynical or anything.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
This game is not college/university themed though. The characters are not in college, they're working or looking for a job. Between 20 and 25 imo. Just the ink house is a bit weird to be in the story

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes