E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
It actually took me about 3. Had I been smart about it, I would have remoted in to my work computer and downloaded separate files simultaneously.

EDIT: Just found this here on f95:

I have free account and i get 4gigs every 4 hrs or so. I use phone app. Registered on computer but didnt download a client or anything. Plus, u can just use a vpn and change ur ip address and start downloading again immediately.

KingOfSkulls

Jun 12, 2018
Disable Self-Shadow and or AA. Those are resource hogs, Self-Shadow isn't even noticeable and gives the game a more animuu feel.

In last case, just reduce the resolution to half of what you use. e.g: 1080p to 720p
how do i disable Self-Shadow and AA? I don't see the option

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
how do i disable Self-Shadow and AA? I don't see the option
I don't have my gaming laptop in front of me to give you a step by step, but when you go into options or settings in the launcher, you will see Custom in the video settings. Both options that you are asking about are in there, although they may be named slightly differently, depending on which translation mod is installed.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I don't have my gaming laptop in front of me to give you a step by step, but when you go into options or settings in the launcher, you will see Custom in the video settings. Both options that you are asking about are in there, although they may be named slightly differently, depending on which translation mod is installed.
That's regular shadows, you can disable the self-shadow that the characters cast onto themselves during dialogue and sex by pressing the number keys as shown above in the keyboard screenshot. Should be 1 if not it's one of the number keys and it's an immediate effect in-game which is pretty noticeable.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
That's regular shadows, you can disable the self-shadow that the characters cast onto themselves during dialogue and sex by pressing the number keys as shown above in the keyboard screenshot. Should be 1 if not it's one of the number keys and it's an immediate effect in-game which is pretty noticeable.
I'll give that a try as well. Since I turned off Anti-aliasing and Shadows in the main settings, though, the game is a lot more playable. Strange, when I had my old core2 laptop, the game seemed to play a lot better. On my i5 laptop, with twice the RAM, and much faster RAM speed and graphics, it lags.

NastyTroll

Feb 1, 2018
Followed the instructions and installed everything except the mods. I keep getting this when I press either Play or Run With Subs :(

Help me out please

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Followed the instructions and installed everything except the mods. I keep getting this when I press either Play or Run With Subs :(

Help me out please
Looks like your applocale isnt working or possibly you werent using the right shortcut? Not sure but i believe getting the japanese language means bad applocale. Maybe didnt run as admin at a step?
What OS?

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I'll give that a try as well. Since I turned off Anti-aliasing and Shadows in the main settings, though, the game is a lot more playable. Strange, when I had my old core2 laptop, the game seemed to play a lot better. On my i5 laptop, with twice the RAM, and much faster RAM speed and graphics, it lags.
Think it lags for everyone when starting an interaction with characters.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Here's the whole thing. I'm using Windows 7.
The english launcher can be clicked even without applocale (technically speaking, applocale shouldn't be used with the english launcher at all. It's made right for that reason). Just double-click and then hit play.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
The english launcher can be clicked even without applocale (technically speaking, applocale shouldn't be used with the english launcher at all. It's made right for that reason). Just double-click and then hit play.
No, but still have to use applocale while installing first two parts i believe.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
No, but still have to use applocale while installing first two parts i believe.
If the one's shared in this thread are the original two jap disc then yes, for those you have to use applocale. But for starting the game through the english launcher, you don't need to use applocale because was created specially for that. Otherwise might as well go with applocale with the original .exe

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I believe thats the wrong launcher!! It creates shortcut launchers on desktop as u install everything. The instructions were VERY specific about it. U probably didnt use the correct desktop shortcuts during install. Delete and reinstall using correct procedure

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
If the one's shared in this thread are the original two jap disc then yes, for those you have to use applocale. But for starting the game through the english launcher, you don't need to use applocale because was created specially for that. Otherwise might as well go with applocale with the original .exe
Yes the one in the OP is the original japanese. Thats the one i used...used the mega in OP. Had to install hf applocale, had to use for install, then for update i believe, then after the hf update no more. However, each install throws up a desktop shortcut. I bet the prob is that perso. Isnt using the proper shortcuts during the install or maybe just after the installing. Any case, my working shortcuts are not labeled english

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Correction, it
And, which link did u use to get aa2? Torrent or mega?

NastyTroll

Feb 1, 2018
The game's dir is in E:\subfolder\AA2. I used the mega version and trying to launch through the English exe gives me the same problem.

D

Deleted member 112288

can somebody help when i try to play the game it says not availbel in forgein countrys, even tough i use local emulator and it doenst matter what i choose.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
The game's dir is in E:\subfolder\AA2. I used the mega version and trying to launch through the English exe gives me the same problem.
Try installing to e:\aa2
The instructions say it needs to go right at beginning of directory. Guess most japanese games from back then needed to go to c:\aa2
Says the game doesnt work when u dont. Plus remember to launch from shortcuts on desktop. Try desktop shortcut before u delete and reinstall.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes