Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
Such a fun game!
It was until it got censored, you should of seen it as far back as Ashley The Pirate v0.4.9.4 uncensored then Ashley The Pirate v0.5.0.1 and above censored so the developer could keep it up on an online page that forces their agenda and idiology onto the developers they upload to, telling them what to do and what they can keep on their site. Instead of moving sites, they agreed to censor the game.

Reactions: Monki0 and subwofer

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Shizusan The changes don't make that much difference to the game. Please, discussing this only hinders the progress of the game's development. You'd rather the game stopped being developed just because of one or two contents. I have to follow the rules, and that goes beyond the websites.

I've been working on the game for years and I want it to be finished in the best possible way.

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
Shizusan The changes don't make that much difference to the game. Please, discussing this only hinders the progress of the game's development. You'd rather the game stopped being developed just because of one or two contents. I have to follow the rules, and that goes beyond the websites.

I've been working on the game for years and I want it to be finished in the best possible way.
You missunderstand me, you can still have two versions of the game right? When I see a game that has to change the original design just to fit someone elses narrative I find that degrades the games performance. Not saying the game hinders it's progress, just saying lets say someone pays for the game, but then you change it due to policy issues or what not, the game won't be as good for this person, I'd feel bad for spending the money as eg/ game is not as good anymore, or changing the game's original design.

I did try it out for free however so I'm not complaining just stating a fact it's censored in the latest releases, but think the game deserved better than changing what it is to suit someones preference online because of rules that can be avoided at other host sites. Basically it's a good game that had potential to be great.

Can still try new version whilst keeping the old uncensored version, just a shame is all, and I don't want new people coming in thinking this was the only version of the game, when they can play a version that's uncensored version, at least I hope this guy

[IMG alt="Flash001"]https://f95zone.to/data/avatars/m/85/85488.jpg?1595474847[/IMG]

Flash001
AKA Curious Pervert

let people know on the 1st page that it's edited version from the original content. So people can hunt for the original unedited release, to see the differences for themselves. Was a great game, now is just a good game. There's just no mention of this in the developers notes. Alternatively you can host the game at a different website, how do other developers get away with content like that? This game made it to my fav list back in the day, but I stopped playing it after the rules forced upon the developer.

Just saying it's a shame, did you ever try to fight it or host it somewhere else? What exactly were the rules saying to you? What did you have to edit? Are you really okay with people telling you how your game should be??

Reminds me of Stellar Blade, when the game was released with original content, then they censored outfits and dialogue with a cheat update. It was a real bummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monki0 and subwofer

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
Shizusan Why do this? you don't realize that this will only hinder the development of the game, it's not just players who enter f95 page, you know. If it's been removed, there are reasons for it. So there's no need for the old versions. Even I don't have the old versions of the game anymore.

Edit: Guys, I'm tired of arguing about this, I couldn't work properly today because of this, the current version 0.5.6 of the game is the definitive for now, It's been a year since the changes, I have no interest in changing anything.

The only thing I plan to change is the game's artwork, which will be changed in the future if all goes well. The true definitive version will be 1.0 with the new art style, because there is still room for improvement.

Last edited:

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Probably future Ashley version.
View attachment 4020757
I'm still working on improving it. Current of New artstyle is the Ashley New Style WIP2 version but I think her face still doesn't convey her essence, something is missing.
In the current style her left eyebrow is slightly raised, and her hand is in a different position making her look inquisitive and a little cocky. WIP2 has a more neutral, relaxed stance. Maybe that's it?

jimmydiddly

Nov 5, 2017
the new artwork is great. i wish there were plans for improving the dialogue. the current dialogue feels like a placeholder with how barebones and silly alot of it is. also i think the face in WIP2 looks good.

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
Shizusan Why do this? you don't realize that this will only hinder the development of the game, it's not just players who enter f95 page, you know. If it's been removed, there are reasons for it. So there's no need for the old versions. Even I don't have the old versions of the game anymore.

Edit: Guys, I'm tired of arguing about this, I couldn't work properly today because of this, the current version 0.5.6 of the game is the definitive for now, It's been a year since the changes, I have no interest in changing anything.

The only thing I plan to change is the game's artwork, which will be changed in the future if all goes well. The true definitive version will be 1.0 with the new art style, because there is still room for improvement.
Because new players deserve to know the truth?

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
Probably future Ashley version.
View attachment 4020757
I'm still working on improving it. Current of New artstyle is the Ashley New Style WIP2 version but I think her face still doesn't convey her essence, something is missing.
You should give people the choice if they want the new version or not, just saying one day you should have original version Ashley and updated version, then have another option for original content and updated content. A true artist keeps their original content and not force updates on the consumer.

YioruYioru

Game Developer
Jun 6, 2018
the new artwork is great. i wish there were plans for improving the dialogue. the current dialogue feels like a placeholder with how barebones and silly alot of it is. also i think the face in WIP2 looks good.
Thanks for the feedback, I'm improving it little by little, I'm not very good with English and I'm not a writer, I always try to improve some dialogs in each update.
ashupdate.png
Here's an image of how it looks in the game.

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
You should give people the choice if they want the new version or not, just saying one day you should have original version Ashley and updated version, then have another option for original content and updated content. A true artist keeps their original content and not force updates on the consumer.
I'm just now catching up and haven't played this before, what was in the old versions that had to be removed?

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
As far I know only the shota interactions (now they are humans or Dwarves), Centaur (now Human), Dog companion (now a slime), Minotaur (more human) and the images of werewolves have been changed. So more of less the Bestiality.

Last edited:
Reactions: spblu

Krestrike

Nov 29, 2017
If there's going to be a change WIP2 is definitely better. But IMO, she looks more like a generic "anime" character this way. Current Ashley is this "rural" looking girl with bigger booba and a not very uhhh enlightened face which tbh through the game we see is true, she's not very smart and her looks compliments it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: subwofer and Monki0

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
As far I know only the shota interactions (now they are humans or Dwarves), Centaur (now Human), Dog companion (now a slime), Minotaur (more human) and the images of werewolves have been changed. So more of less the Bestiality.
Thanks, it took me a few moments of googling to find an old hosted copy of 0.4.9.4. Sucks, I'm not big on censoring even though I think beastiality is not cool, and the other stuff well....that's not even a matter of taste as much as genuine legal issues and being allowed on certain platforms like Patreon.

Tis what it is.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
If there's going to be a change WIP2 is definitely better. But IMO, she looks more like a generic "anime" character this way. Current Ashley is this "rural" looking girl with bigger booba and a not very uhhh enlightened face which tbh through the game we see is true, she's not very smart and her looks compliments it.
I agree.

I clicked on the game because it wasnt the generic anime style, but something unique. I prefer games that look different even if the Art is a bit crude. I feel like every other Update some of the flavor gets removed.

Last edited:

DarkjesterX79

May 30, 2024
I agree.

I clicked on the game because it wasnt the generic anime style, but something unique. I prefer games that look different even if the Art is a bit crude. I feel like every other Update some of the flavor gets removed.
That's how restaurant chains do it. Gotta cut costs somewhere...

Reactions: subwofer
4.30 star(s) 42 Votes