MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
Hmmm... Can you point exactly when that happened? What action caused that?
Thanks

You can try to delete the credits folder (Or move it to to another folder outside the game folder) just to see if it solves your issue.
Dear Kthulian, it happened almost immediately after launching the game, never saw even a splash screen.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Hi there. Game crashes when I open it (Mac version)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/credits/credits.rpy", line 1, in script
    init python:
  File "game/credits/credits.rpy", line 49, in <module>
    for member in space_replace(sorted(members, key=lambda x: x.lower())):
  File "game/credits/credits.rpy", line 11, in space_replace
    for l in list: rv.append(l.replace(' ', u'\u00A0'))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 9: unexpected end of data

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/credits/credits.rpy", line 1, in script
    init python:
  File "/private/var/folders/ry/_9g9tz9x0hd2kqw4jxtkp0yr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/53790F36-99AA-4A9D-BE63-BFDC2E1EBE77/d/AtaeginaActII 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/ry/_9g9tz9x0hd2kqw4jxtkp0yr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/53790F36-99AA-4A9D-BE63-BFDC2E1EBE77/d/AtaeginaActII 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/credits/credits.rpy", line 49, in <module>
    for member in space_replace(sorted(members, key=lambda x: x.lower())):
  File "game/credits/credits.rpy", line 11, in space_replace
    for l in list: rv.append(l.replace(' ', u'\u00A0'))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 9: unexpected end of data

Darwin-20.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sun Aug  1 14:43:36 2021
Just delete the credits folder inside the /game folder. That'll fix the issue.

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
I have thought about doing things like that, but then I'll think about at what point would I draw the line. For example, I've thought about making it so you can see the Evil, Neutral, and Good Path all in one playthrough back in Act I. The main issue I have with that is whether or not that would be overstepping. Because Kthulian worked very hard to make this game in a way that your actions should have an impact on the story, and I respect the dev enough to think twice before turning this into a kinetic novel.

On the other hand, I feel like it's discouraging/frustrating for players to wait a month in anticipation just to receive an update for a path you're not currently on. I, for one, am someone that doesn't like to play an entire game over just to see missed content, which is why I bothered learning how to mod things in Ren'Py in the first place. Modding things for others was just a factor of that.

If enough people feel strongly about me making cheat variables to make things more accessible, then I will go ahead and do that for future versions of the mod.
Please don't mess with the "see everything on one run" stuff. I've seen so very few "I used mods and now my saves are broken" posts resulting from yours, those tend to pop up a lot more when people start messing with the flow of the game.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
What's the difference between good and evil routes? I only saw really minor changes after getting knocked out and waking up with someone different.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
What's the difference between good and evil routes? I only saw really minor changes after getting knocked out and waking up with someone different.
Good route mainly ayana. Less scenes than evil.
Evil mainly bredita. More scenes than good
There's also a neutral route which focuses more on Isabella.

Though, it's been a while since there's been separate content for the 3 different paths and all of the characters are basically on the main route now. For most of the game Katla was exclusive to the neutral path, only having been seen in the very beginning of the game outside of the neutral path.

I'm guessing from here on out there won't be much more exclusive path stuff, and it'll basically be you get endings depending on your choices and, when the end of the game is finally reached, your final ending will depend on your karma score.

But, I'm just speculating. I don't know what kthulian has planned.

Actually, I don't think he has anything planned. He just flies by the seat of his pants, and when in doubt about what to do, he just makes a scene where MC bangs Mida.

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
Actually, I don't think he has anything planned. He just flies by the seat of his pants, and when in doubt about what to do, he just makes a scene where MC bangs Mida.
I mean, as far as backup plans are concerned, I've seen (and done) worse...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Just curious, why would you want to cheat? I mean, I use cheat mods myself, but this game is easy enough as it is.
yea and break game. seen a saves where all magikal stats were at 999 (dunno what else was changed) and playing that save to end of act1 so that player got act1 saves for act2 was "bit" filled with renpy errors.

Ataegina deserves the romance tag. And (avoiding discussing semantics) it probably needs the harem tag.

Stories with romance are, on average, deeper and more well-structured than stories without, so I watch the Romance tag closest. I'd love to see this game added to that.

These tags are probably a lot better than vaginal sex and handjob which this game has. Do people actually look for those?

And with that, I'll slide back into being a silent long-term fan.
well those 2 tags mentioned on late post indicate that game actually has sexual content. harem tag maybe since nothing indicates that mc ends up with more than 1 girl/woman on any path, romance tag has some foothold on other than evil path but stronger foothold will be determined later.

• Haha
Reactions: Rory Smith

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
yea and break game. seen a saves where all magikal stats were at 999 (dunno what else was changed) and playing that save to end of act1 so that player got act1 saves for act2 was "bit" filled with renpy errors.

well those 2 tags mentioned on late post indicate that game actually has sexual content. harem tag maybe since nothing indicates that mc ends up with more than 1 girl/woman on any path, romance tag has some foothold on other than evil path but stronger foothold will be determined later.
// Hornyowl said:
Just curious, why would you want to cheat? I mean, I use cheat mods myself, but this game is easy enough as it is.

yea and break game. seen a saves where all magikal stats were at 999 (dunno what else was changed) and playing that save to end of act1 so that player got act1 saves for act2 was "bit" filled with renpy errors.\\

Actually it is possible to Edit those without errors too.
Mod probably for seeing all scenes in one single playthrough.

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
sure but points are gained when advances on story not being so powerful that blasts that megalith security construct to oblivion with 1 attack.
Yeah.
My edited mc defeated that fat beast (during college attack scene) with just one attack. But yet to get a renpy error from book 2

DonjonMaster

Dec 1, 2018
WALKTHROUGH
Act I: Completed; Act II: v0.5.4 (7-31-2021)

Here ya go. I just used the original mod as the base.

Notes:
  • I color-code answers kind of based on how The Team used their color formatting. While "green" is typically used as a positive indicator and "red" for negative, I suggest you focus more on the words than the colors.
    • I don't intend on removing the colors because they show users exactly when the mod is "in play" so to speak.
  • I made it so you can see multiple scenes in one playthrough. This was done to prevent users from having to constantly save/load. The way I do it isn't the neatest, but it gets the job done.
Walkthrough for Act II has been updated. (7-31-2021)
  • Tested it with both an unren'd copy of the game and one that did not use Un'Ren. Both worked fine with no issues.
  • 0.5.4 walkthrough content added.
    • Made it so you can see a few of the Mida scenes in one sitting
    • The basic Mida scene requirements for this version include:
      • Not allowing Bredita to teach you back in 0.5.0
      • Allowing Mida to be with you.
      • Having her corruption be 2 or greater.
        • Or having her love be 5 or greater
I will continue to update the Act II walkthrough as the story progresses, but the Act I walkthrough is basically finished unless someone points something out that I should change or add.

GALLERY
Act I: Completed; Act II: v0.5.4 (8-01-2021)
Notes:
  • Includes basically every explicit scene found within the game. These can be as tame as simple groping to a slightly more extreme DP threesome.
  • I made several corrections to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I didn't exactly go through with a fine-tooth comb, but I tried to catch as many things as possible.
  • You can access the gallery by clicking on the icon on the top left of the main menu.
  • I got bored during the creation of the gallery, so I added some easter egg type things to a few of the scenes. If you see one and don't like it, or are just heavily against me changing how a scene went, let me know.
  • The Act I gallery is just for game version 0.5.0 and below. Apologies for those already on Act II who don't want to redownload Act I or something.
Gallery for Act II has been updated. (8-01-2021)
  • Tested it with an unren'd copy of the game. Didn't see any issues.
  • Added 2 scenes:
    • 1 MC
      • Mida
    • 1 Group
      • Isabella, Jendayi, and Katla
        • Scene is a bit different depending on whether Mida is with you.
        • This is more of a voyeurism scene and is pretty tame, so don't get too excited.
I will continue to update the Act II gallery as the story progresses, but the Act I gallery is basically finished unless someone points something out that I should change or add.

OVERALL
Please let me know if you have any issues, complaints, or suggestions. I'll try to take everything into consideration.
Note: The mod for Act I is not compatible with versions further than 0.5.0 and vice versa.
Hi! Thanks for the mods! I think there's something wrong with the ActI-Gallery.zip mod. It won't download when I click it :(

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game offers up cheat mod for episode 1 and point blank asks players what stats they want on entry into the first levels of the game. Problem is, MC really needs high stats in situations where he is not actually prepared to deal with the consequences, so of course, players will take the high stats,
when you are going in blind and the story is just like that:
Poof - demons invade this or that citadel and just level the place, literally.
Coupled with all those nightmareas and the legends of the teachers all so much more powerful,
how would you feel going in nil stats in a game like that?

There's also a neutral route which focuses more on Isabella.

Though, it's been a while since there's been separate content for the 3 different paths and all of the characters are basically on the main route now. For most of the game Katla was exclusive to the neutral path, only having been seen in the very beginning of the game outside of the neutral path.

I'm guessing from here on out there won't be much more exclusive path stuff, and it'll basically be you get endings depending on your choices and, when the end of the game is finally reached, your final ending will depend on your karma score.

But, I'm just speculating. I don't know what kthulian has planned.

I mean, as far as backup plans are concerned, I've seen (and done) worse...
sure but points are gained when advances on story not being so powerful that blasts that megalith security construct to oblivion with 1 attack.
look man, I haven't played the game before completely, so I didn't know it was that easy.

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes