DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
In this update I was running out of magic power for the first time - being in combat. Only in neutral path I had a sword to fight without needing magic.

I would like to have a sword from beginning of every path (at least a small regular one, or a big knife). And when magic power is finished, sword should be the only possibility to go on fighting.

I also was wondering why Katronia did not use her healing magic on MC, instead of fighting as a low tier battle mage.
On Good path you can get a magic sword from the dark elf queen.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
I would like to have a sword from beginning of every path (at least a small regular one, or a big knife). And when magic power is finished, sword should be the only possibility to go on fighting.
Sorry, but I will vote against this. It will take several months of training until you will be capable to fight (still barely) with sword. It is stupid to waste MC time for it when he's capable to turn into living nuclear bomb and disintegrate small area of city at once.

My own IMHO - drop stupid mana at once. Your top mages already capable to fight in a long battle (lich flashbacks) and you game isn't Diablo-clone. If you want to limit player - set a cooldown or cast time on powerful spells.

P.S. It's remind me. Do his mega-blast leave a radioactive fallout? :D It will be nice surprise for elves, hehe.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
My own IMHO - drop stupid mana at once. Your top mages already capable to fight in a long battle (lich flashbacks) and you game isn't Diablo-clone. If you want to limit player - set a cooldown or cast time on powerful spells.
Unsure if this is unique to me but I still seem to be able to cast spells perfectly fine when I'm out of mana. :LOL:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I can't leave for a while now can I...:sneaky:

Yes it is a really good game as it makes you think about your actions and how it will effect those around you as a lot of the other games they dont do that as you just make what choices you want with no thought on how it might affect the overall story, but that might just be how I see them :)
Thanks, I do try to give the player a real choice, I always liked the butterfly effect of simple actions...

Yeah, I agree. We had this discussion a year ago. In my view, the demon hunters are another kind of a good path. One has to make workarounds, when you have alignment +8 and want to join the demon hunters on the side of MCs sister.

But, as you said, all paths are somehow more or less "neutral" (with dark shadows and good elements inside). Even Brendita is able to help.
Indeed, more about that will be revealed as the game goes on, don't you wonder why Bredita left the mage college and become the enemy?

what? i did think you were in Lust fiction paradise... man ima wrong :LOL:
(maybe the future will make this your job, lets hope ;))
Ahahah, I can dream right?

let me correct it for you :sneaky:

1ª I actually like the combat now, is easy for people like me that hate minigames and things like that, so not really any need to improve it, that time will be better used in doing content instead.

2ª noooo i love that scene, having her being my little slave for a little time:devilish:

3ªi did already did tell you before that some choices can be different aligment for different reasons , like when the goddess ask the mc to take him out of that nightmare and only if you are devil they hurt your "katla", that was never a choice i will ever make no matter what.... so instead of having such choice have one evil but that instead of see her getting "hurt" is us incinerating the soldiers or something like that , (kinda what actually happened in the end lol). Some choices in the evil route will be nice to have alternatives that doenst mean "hurting" our love one but instead have selfish reason like "they are mine".

You know something did bug me of last update, the whole black mages that are in fact almost all of them demons in human forms.... how did they exactly end up with the slayers at all (was it because of Lust only or it goes way back?)
1: And that's exactly why it's not one of the priorities, most players want more story and less combat, also have you tried to make a combat system inside an engine like Renpy? It's not as easy as it looks :p

2: I think he was talking about the skeleton on the graveyard of the city, not the scene with Liliana ;)

3: Indeed, and like I said before the choice is there, you only make it if you want, I could just show players what I wanted without a choice.

That thing about the demons... I can't tell you, you'll have to wait for next updates to find out, the puzzle will slowly build and some of you may discover it faster than others :LOL:

If I remember correctly I saw choice"Go for a kiss / No,no,I have a girlfriend!" twice. First time with daughter of farmer (I know it isn't evil route to save her, but as I already said to you a long time ago - IMHO running away from a bear is utterly stupid for a trained mage that dreams to conquer the world). Unsure about first time - maybe with another college girl (forget-her-name) who trying to seduce MC?

It's nice mini-game. All I want that we had separate easy&quick fights against trash mobs (like spiders and so on) and more difficult&long fights against "boss" enemies. Currently all fights are +/- same in length and it's killing feeling of MC growing in power.
The answer for the first part is what I said before, the choice is there, you're not forced to make it ;)

Right now there are enemies with more HP than others and enemies with resistance/weakeness to some spells.

I also was wondering why Katronia did not use her healing magic on MC, instead of fighting as a low tier battle mage.
Like it happens on RPG games? The healer stays back healing the tank? :unsure: It's actually not a bad idea but I'm going for story impact more than RPG elements.

On Good path you can get a magic sword from the dark elf queen.
On normal path you get a normal sword I thought.
Yes you are correct ;) Dark elf queen on good path and after vampire "Quest" on neutral, only the Evil path is missing a weapon.

Unsure if this is unique to me but I still seem to be able to cast spells perfectly fine when I'm out of mana. :LOL:
Yup, you don't get out of mana yet, like I said before, this is an adult game that happens to have a combat system, I don't want to punish players, make them grind stats or plan ways to win battles, I'll probably add an option in a "distant future" where you can just skip the battles and move foward ;)

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Given that you are answering several questions I am going to be annoying and ask what has been on my mind again and again. Why is it that the goddess does not have her own tab in the relationship section?
I never said that you'll have a chance with her :p Or... there could be a hidden "relationship section" for some characters... Where is the tab for the Dark elf queen? Or for Katla? I don't want you to know with who you'll have a chance :devilish:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I was expecting that precise answer to be honest, either she has a secret relationship path or she is no romanceable.
First option would be awesome: I keep thinking "she is only a choice once you beat every other path and it is only through her path that the story is fully understood".
Second choice is more like death and despair.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I was expecting that precise answer to be honest, either she has a secret relationship path or she is no romanceable.
First option would be awesome: I keep thinking "she is only a choice once you beat every other path and it is only through her path that the story is fully understood".
Second choice is more like death and despair.
I guess you'll find out eventually :p

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I am guessing that path will be like "you have to finish the game with full stats, all girls in love with you, not having lost health once and have found the seven dragon balls after killing goku with excalibur".
:oops::oops::oops: How did you found out about my plan? Damn it... Now I have to plan everything again...

May 23, 2019
what? i did think you were in Lust fiction paradise... man ima wrong :LOL:
(maybe the future will make this your job, lets hope ;))

1ª I actually like the combat now, is easy for people like me that hate minigames and things like that, so not really any need to improve it, that time will be better used in doing content instead.
Now that's something everyone should agree, after all, we want more and more and Kthulian as been delivering it since the start

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Sorry, but I will vote against this. It will take several months of training until you will be capable to fight (still barely) with sword. It is stupid to waste MC time for it when he's capable to turn into living nuclear bomb and disintegrate small area of city at once.

P.S. It's remind me. Do his mega-blast leave a radioactive fallout? :D It will be nice surprise for elves, hehe.
The guy is with the mages for 10 years now, so he does have the time to get proficient with a sword if they want it, that ain't an issue. It's also a good alternative ever since mana came into a picture, because making walking nuclear bombs means jackshit, if you ran out of power to do it. Otherwise, CD is a solution, but at a low level, when you have a restricted amount of spells, it's still not a bad idea to have an alternative weapon.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
The answer for the first part is what I said before, the choice is there, you're not forced to make it ;)
When you have different results for similiar choices it's a bad game design. If you want keep +evil for cheating Mida then banging Duke wife SHOULD be evil act too. Even if it's your own favorite scene - game should have fair rules.

The guy is with the mages for 10 years now, so he does have the time to get proficient with a sword if they want it, that ain't an issue.
Sorry but it is a issue. You can't be fighter and surgeon in real life. Because if you're learn how to strike with enough force to cut through enemy armor & flesh - your fingers will be damaged and you will lose ability to perform highly precious actions.

It this game mages are using gestures (following images AND first lesson in college). So no swords for us until we're going soap opera style.

It's also a good alternative ever since mana came into a picture, because making walking nuclear bombs means jackshit, if you ran out of power to do it.
Hehe. You wasn't played evil story or do it without attention. In fight against Incubus MC IS ran out of power - it's clearly stated by text. But he still capable to use his ultimate. So we don't need mana for it ;)

P.S. MAGIC sword is a nice emergency mana battery instead of pointed piece of metal if dev still want to keep mana ;)

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
When you have different results for similiar choices it's a bad game design. If you want keep +evil for cheating Mida then banging Duke wife SHOULD be evil act too. Even if it's your own favorite scene - game should have fair rules.
Again... Where did cheating on Mida ever changed alignment? You mentioned that happened with the farm girl... The only action that changes alignment is when you pretend to be Katarro (Lie) or use Illusion to trick her (Lie).

Sorry but it is a issue. You can't be fighter and surgeon in real life. Because if you're learn how to strike with enough force to cut through enemy armor & flesh - your fingers will be damaged and you will lose ability to perform highly precious actions.

It this game mages are using gestures (following images AND first lesson in college). So no swords for us until we're going soap opera style.
Lucky for us this is a fantasy game and not real life ;)

Hehe. You wasn't played evil story or do it without attention. In fight against Incubus MC IS ran out of power - it's clearly stated by text. But he still capable to use his ultimate. So we don't need mana for it ;)

P.S. MAGIC sword is a nice emergency mana battery instead of pointed piece of metal if dev still want to keep mana ;)
You are correct but his "ultimate" as you call it, is not something MC can use when he wants, it's a result of anger, fear and some unknown hidden power that he himself isn't aware of. When he used it as a child caused him amnesia as a side effect.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Again... Where did cheating on Mida ever changed alignment? You mentioned that happened with the farm girl... The only action that changes alignment is when you pretend to be Katarro (Lie) or use Illusion to trick her (Lie).
I'm SAVED farm girl despite being on evil route. So I get a kiss as a reward from her. OK, if you don't believe me then I will replay and post a screenshots here in next 12 hours.

You are correct but his "ultimate" as you call it, is not something MC can use when he wants, it's a result of anger, fear and some unknown hidden power that he himself isn't aware of. When he used it as a child caused him amnesia as a side effect.
On positive side - it's firepower growing up :) First use only caused a fire in a village, second destroyed fragment of stone wall :)

Reactions: luisar018
4.10 star(s) 174 Votes