STJay

Jan 12, 2020
Yep, and i definitely took that to heart, but i still figured the green options would lean towards a more positive outcome, many of them lead to outcomes that, whilst not negative, certainly don't come across as superior to the other choices. Like, for just one example, the imp, the green option makes the deal with him, which results in the MC being called a dumbass for falling for such a basic trick, and yet the other option rejects the imp's offer and quickly results in the same outcome, just without the MC being dumb and laughed at... the other option would make sense as the green one there, don't you think?

I should note, i'm playing a good guy but dominant in bed MC, at this point this game seemingly has more complexity in its variables than i thought it did when i wrote my first comment so i don't know if that changes thing such that the green options are more positive as a neutral or bad guy playthrough.
I'm looking over the variables and I see what you mean. For the earlier parts of Act I, I believe The Team did most of the coloring for the choices, and I didn't really change them when I took over. I do see that agreeing with the imp gives the variable 'dealimp' while the other answer choice does nothing. Looking through both Act I and II, it looks like the variable is only really used for changing some dialogue with Ayna (whether you look like a dumbass or not lol). So yes, I personally would not use green for that one.

On a slightly related note, I was going to go back and completely revamp all of the walkthrough mods when this game gets completely finished.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
On a slightly related note, I was going to go back and completely revamp all of the walkthrough mods when this game gets completely finished.
That honestly sounds like a good idea, as i've continued to play i've had numerous instances of scratching my head at the green choices... Some situations that have a green choice really shouldn't have any color, they either change nothing, quickly loop back after slightly altered dialogue or are just a personal choice of flavoring, then you've got a good number where, like i've said previously, the green choice is just not a 'green' choice... can't honestly understand what the reasoning was for the previous mod maker deciding to highlight them, they're not wrong subjectively, but objectively it feels like they were trying to troll players.

• Sad
Reactions: STJay

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So what's up with using or not using the soulstone? Tried searching the thread and came up very very little. I'm playing a goodie-good boy and it seems to be a mind control enabling macguffin, so i presume i should be resisting it at every turn?

DaddyWhoreMaker

Dec 14, 2021
I'M USING LINUX MINT MATE WITH WINE..

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 207, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2665, in interact
self.start()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1805, in start
self.set_mode()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2045, in set_mode
if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 769, in set_mode
self.screen = pygame.display.set_mode((scaled_width, scaled_height), fsflag, 32)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/display.pyx", line 450, in pygame_sdl2.display.set_mode
File "src/pygame_sdl2/display.pyx", line 168, in pygame_sdl2.display.Window.__init__
error: No matching GL pixel format available

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ataegina 0.5
Sun Aug 25 20:49:05 2024

Last edited:

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
So what's up with using or not using the soulstone? Tried searching the thread and came up very very little. I'm playing a goodie-good boy and it seems to be a mind control enabling macguffin, so i presume i should be resisting it at every turn?
It's been a while, but if I understand your question, I think generally it gives you dark points.

Addendum: I may be confusing using the soul stone with using the dark one's power. But, if you use it on the bookworm (for example) she gets pissed and affects the relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bingoogus

DaddyWhoreMaker

Dec 14, 2021
I'M USING LINUX MINT MATE WITH WINE..

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2665, in interact
self.start()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1805, in start
self.set_mode()
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2045, in set_mode
if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
File "Z:\home\daddy\Documents\Ataegina-0.5-pc\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 769, in set_mode
self.screen = pygame.display.set_mode((scaled_width, scaled_height), fsflag, 32)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/display.pyx", line 450, in pygame_sdl2.display.set_mode
File "src/pygame_sdl2/display.pyx", line 168, in pygame_sdl2.display.Window.__init__
error: No matching GL pixel format available

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ataegina 0.5
Sun Aug 25 20:49:05 2024
need a quick fix guys

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Every time I have played this from Day One, I tend to choose the Ying playthrough being a decent guy.
This time I decided to switch it up completely, finishing with a Yang path for total corruption, The MCs Main girl walks the same alignment path, just like any Bonny would for her Clyde.

The dragon was ONE of the most significant change in this playthrough, the dark spikes all over is like an extra layer of functionable armor, and I seem to prefer it to the white old one (I think it looked like the Neverending Story one maybe?)
It appears that I miss a great deal less playing this path, than I do playing a decent guy, and SO many possible ends on the Dark Path.

I am going to play it again with the Light endings and do a better comparison.
}See, THIS is why I will ALWAYS play Virtual Novels with the choices MEANING something over Kinetic Novels where you only have the Illusion of choice.
It takes a great deal more effort to make a Virtual one, and its SO worth the playthroughs, like those "Choose your own adventure" novels I used to read as a youth.

So, I would like to find MANY more that have the actual path directed by the MCs choices, so many more Virtual Novels if anyone can list some, granted I most likely have played some of them if they are popular selections here, but who knows, I might find some really good gems with a decent story and impressive renders/ animation to add on the list of "Incredibles".

Last edited:

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
How.? I need all steps..
ASAP
  1. Unzip Ataegina_1-0.5.zip in your home directory/folder (I'll call this '/home/user' but you might have a different username than user, or unzip wherever you want such as /home/user/games or whatever). If you can safely move Ataegina-0.5-pc from WINE to your home, you can instead.
  2. Copy (or alternatively, safely move) your Ataegina savefiles from Windows (I don't know where they are... I don't use Windows) into /home/user/Ataegina-0.5-pc/game/saves (they may already be there).
  3. Run Ataegina.sh; go to Ataegina-0.5-pc and type the .sh in an X Window System terminal or Wayland terminal (xterm, cinnamon terminal, gnome-terminal, konsole, mate terminal, etc.) or select and run the .sh in a file-manager/explorer. If you type it in, you can write an ampersand at the end before pressing <ENTER> and then exit that terminal (otherwise, closing the terminal will close the game).

Reactions: DaddyWhoreMaker

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
STJay just a little addition to the subject, i'm now in act 2 and i believe that's where you took over the mod in full, i've noticed sex scenes are tagged with red, but they seem fine, so i presume the use of red here is not to denote a negative alignment choice?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
STJay just a little addition to the subject, i'm now in act 2 and i believe that's where you took over the mod in full, i've noticed sex scenes are tagged with red, but they seem fine, so i presume the use of red here is not to denote a negative alignment choice?
right.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
IS romance with Isabella exclusive to the neutral path? I'm well into act 2 and some flags tripping made me realized i'd missed development with her but upon looking through the flow chart i can see the relationship forms during a big split between the different alignment paths. Just wondering if it's delayed till later or if you have to be neutral to get it...

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
What's the specific example? Chances are that I was just being lazy or dumb :confused:

EDIT: I'm looking at the coding for the Carilielle and Calessa scenes at the beginning of Act 2, and they are indeed highlighted in red. I don't know why I did that though. Looking even further, it seems that I was using red coloring as a sex scene indicator at the beginning of Act 2.

I'm gonna be honest, using the written walkthrough and PDF is a lot less convoluted. At least until I clean everything up.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
What's the specific example? Chances are that I was just being lazy or dumb :confused:
Struggling to remember... i think maybe it was the brothel succubus, Carilielle or however you spell it. It was one of the first sex scenes in act 2, also i think there was one before it, or after it... sorry, i'm tired and i've played a bunch more since then so it's kinda blurred together. Pretty sure about the succubus though, that stood out cause i thought maybe it was a bad end, like she'd fuck him to death, hence the red text.

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
IS romance with Isabella exclusive to the neutral path? I'm well into act 2 and some flags tripping made me realized i'd missed development with her but upon looking through the flow chart i can see the relationship forms during a big split between the different alignment paths. Just wondering if it's delayed till later or if you have to be neutral to get it...
No, it just starts later.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Just reached the elf queen and something she said hit me like a pile of bricks... where the fuck did Katarro disappear to? I know he was colluding with Bredita but he's been MIA since Ayna revealed that fact to the MC...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
maybe isa's points got reset on transfer from act1 to act2.

4.10 star(s) 178 Votes