2.80 star(s) 18 Votes

Wanderer_game

Top House Stuido
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2021

Frame 1058 (2).png

gordon101

Nov 12, 2017
not bad, feel you should get more mana back sacking high energy cards instead of one, its not bad even though i did only two fights don't find combat that fun, unlike similar games, magic far more fun since there's mana cards and way you tap and untap cards, gl with the game. I'll give it 6/10 current state of demo, and no to comments says "oh it gets better later" sorry if game isn't fun off the bat why am i playing it?

also little story things in town, have more of those, that was more interesting then card game itself

oh shout out to
TCO

his review highlights my issues with game, i agree with 3/5 star rating, i was going do review myself but this review nailed core issues, that is combat

Reactions: blastwave2k

Wanderer_game

Top House Stuido
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2021

Screen 2023-08-15 22-08-55 001.jpg

Starting today, the second demo of AURA: Hentai Cards is available!

What's new in v0.2 alpha:

• A brand new card battle mechanic! Now you can develop your own strategy to defeat the girls!
  • Added equipment for your character. Now you will be more prepared for battle!
  • Added quests on the global map! Complete new missions and get more rewards!
  • New backgrounds in the game!
  • Fixed translation in English!
  • New art of the main character!
  • Some other minor changes and bugfixes…

We'd love for you to play the new version and leave your feedback here or in our Steam community!

We also decided to make a campaign! Add our game to your wishlist and we will add another character and many other new things to the game!

Campaign EN.png

Add our game to your wishlist and follow on Steam!

Phasti

Jul 23, 2017
Have not tried it yet, but the art looks amazing. Question to the dev: how many girls are planned? and will there be futa content like in the last game or can we turn it off? (it's a huge turnoff)

Reactions: The_Coffee_Chugger

Ufoshnik

Sep 23, 2019
In general, I tried to play and apparently it turned out to be a bug: during the battle with the red-haired card, they begin to disappear (sometimes they are not displayed). Somehow he defeated her, but there is no award or promotion in her story.
And I still don't understand what is meant by "magic damage".

Blackshard

Apr 15, 2018
Saw this in recent updates, gave it a shot...

Generally, the battle system felt far too simplistic. You don't really have a deck or a discard pile; each draw just randomly gives you one of the cards you have equipped. And the card effects themselves are... pretty boring? Spend mana to do damage, or more mana to do more damage, or even more mana to do... even more damage. Or maybe you spend mana to defend or heal instead. There's just not enough going on here compared to basically any card battler to hold my attention.

I understand that this is an early demo, and things might change... but there's no need for three of the five cards in the starting cardset to be completely generic "spend X mana to do Y damage" cards. It's 2023; Slay the Spire did much better than that six years ago. Give the player a more interesting starting toolkit or you'll bore them to death. Granted, not every card battler needs to be quite as involved as Slay the Spire... but the game did redefine the genre, and not idly did many other card battlers copy the formula. You can certainly do different things than the StS developers did, but just doing less of them isn't enough.

As a specific problem, the way that cards both cost one mana to draw and reward one mana on discard is... kinda dumb? You can just keep discarding and redrawing until you have your desired hand, completely removing the randomness from the card game aspect. There are valid games that work like that, but if that's how the strategy is intended to work, you'd be better off scrapping the cards entirely, giving the player full access to all their skills, and letting them pick their moves for the round off a menu like a classic JRPG.

Reactions: ButtPluggs

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
Saw this in recent updates, gave it a shot...

Generally, the battle system felt far too simplistic. You don't really have a deck or a discard pile; each draw just randomly gives you one of the cards you have equipped.
That's a really dumb design. I don't think anyone from WotC or Konami originally created their respective games with the core gameplay loop expanding to include grave interaction, but it was certainly designed to where players were limited to the cards in their decks and the strategies designed around them. It made deck-building far more involved since you had to conceptualize consistency and ratios over the randomization of shuffling.

And the card effects themselves are... pretty boring? Spend mana to do damage, or more mana to do more damage, or even more mana to do... even more damage. Or maybe you spend mana to defend or heal instead. There's just not enough going on here compared to basically any card battler to hold my attention.
This, combined with

As a specific problem, the way that cards both cost one mana to draw and reward one mana on discard...
Tells me that no thought was put into the overall gameplay design whatsoever. Players should never be punished for a free action at the beginning of a turn, but also shouldn't be able to perform a free action indefinitely until they gain the optimized hand for their situation. Part of what makes a card game appealing is that resource management couples with card design. The most fundamental concept for a competent card game is to design a resource system that requires players to understand how it operates and how to best utilize it with the cards they possess while seeking to establish their strategy. A stun deck in YGO or Magic will use low-cost disruption and symmetrical resource limiters to keep the opponent from ending the game quickly. An aggro deck seeks to use low-cost creatures and spells to push for an early kill.

Having an infinite draw loop and spells that say "do damage" is not a good design and honestly, I can see this game getting review bombed on Steam, and rightfully so. When your core game design is this bad and you can't be bothered to engage with the forums where you're spamming ads, then I don't feel any pity for your games getting trashed and your patreon bucks dropping to zero.

Reactions: Blackshard

Wanderer_game

Top House Stuido
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2021
Hey! We got feedback about new battle combat. Thank you to those players who have detailed this to us! We will balance it in the next update.

1692470059597.png

Reactions: Tarango
2.80 star(s) 18 Votes