Unity Aurora's Fog [v0.8] [CATINMASK]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Do people know how to number their version anymore, because that number only represent the date
First of all. I just used the info I could frind on Patreon/Itch.io. Dev reached out to me and asked me to change it to 0.1

Second of all. Yes it is the release-date. What's wrong with that? As long as it's a unique number I don't see what your problem is with that?
And the date is definitely unique. Not every game has to use inflated bullshit version numbers like "1.0" or "chapter 1" for their 1 minute 0.0001 version.

Tsukiakari175

Mar 23, 2018
First of all. I just used the info I could frind on Patreon/Itch.io. Dev reached out to me and asked me to change it to 0.1

Second of all. Yes it is the release-date. What's wrong with that? As long as it's a unique number I don't see what your problem is with that?
And the date is definitely unique. Not every game has to use inflated bullshit version numbers like "1.0" or "chapter 1" for their 1 minute 0.0001 version.
Upfront, I don't hate them or anything like that, just the way number their version. People have a universal way to number software for a reason. Alpha -> beta -> release and it's go like 0.* to 1.* to 1.*.*. Naming by date? Fine, I do that all the time with my work but that only for me to see my progress, but when you push it out for other people you name it as above, for them to understand where are you in your progress.

And also, why does everyone losing their mind when I'm complaining about the version number

CATINMASK

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
Upfront, I don't hate them or anything like that, just the way number their version. People have a universal way to number software for a reason. Alpha -> beta -> release and it's go like 0.* to 1.* to 1.*.*. Naming by date? Fine, I do that all the time with my work but that only for me to see my progress, but when you push it out for other people you name it as above, for them to understand where are you in your progress.

And also, why does everyone losing their mind when I'm complaining about the version number
Hey! Everything is fine, it's just my view on game version. I dunno when it's 0.1 or 0.11 :) Btw, Unity using this too, they didn't use 5.7 after 5.6, and starter using 2017.1.

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016

There's nothing universal about version numbers in adult patreon games. Hell, I've seen someone give his game the version number 7.0 even though it was a 0.1 at best. There is a reason to name it after the date, so people can actually see from when the version is. A lot of dev-builds you get through github(And similar places) have this versioning for example. Infact it was fairly common to use this in the indie scene a couple of years ago, cause those builds were meant for co-devs and dedicated followers, playing test-builds. So it was more important to know from when the game was, then whatever imaginary number the dev gave that version of the game.

Also people are reacting this way, because it's a random nitpicky complaint, which isn't even about the game. That being said, I don't want to derail the thread any further. We now got the 0.1 so everything should be fine. :pokerFace:

Reactions: Orlox

CATINMASK

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
Guys, if you have any questions about project I will be glad to see you on my discord channel:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i just realise.... she look like a nerd ( or whatever you call them ,thoses peoples who are 500% in computer, high tech and stuff )
i didnt have make careful before ^^

dexterul

Jun 21, 2017
i read auroras fag =))), lel'z make a new logo this one sucks ass... the game? hmm nothing special...

CATINMASK

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
Guys, please help me to choose the race for the new girl:

Maddick

Jul 21, 2017
Maybe a should make a different choise huh? Well after the 5th time I chose to deinstall. Well done.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes