Ren'Py Abandoned Automaton Story [v0.1.2] [AngryFur]

4.20 star(s) 23 Votes
Oct 7, 2019
Game might be marked abandoned soon. Dev hasn't spoken since the start of June.
They also go a few weeks at a time between posts, and a lot of them are just bonus artwork not in the game. Could be they are taking a break, or it just seems like they are silent because they are working on the game and not their side art. I highly doubt they would just vanish without leaving a message saying they are quitting.

An quick update so we know what's going on would be nice, though. To stop people worrying.

Neko_Kun

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
There is no quitting to report on whatsoever.
No need to fear for abandonment. Angryfur is still alive and well, hanging out on Discord and working hard.

The hope was for a July update release.
But real life is a stress factor. So that is a big contributing to delays.

Last edited:

Chenzhou

Aug 28, 2018
No need to fear for abandonment. Angryfur is still alive and well, hanging out on Discord and working hard.

Thanks for the update. I'd love to know when this sequence will be written in... ;) fur.jpg

YoungBlooded

Feb 2, 2020

Well that's good.

SleepingDeath

Sep 20, 2017
Version v0.0.17 just dropped for supporters here is a link to the change log.

taverly

Aug 20, 2018
Pretty disappointing update. I was hoping for a lot more considering the time between .16 and .17.

SleepingDeath

Sep 20, 2017
Pretty disappointing update. I was hoping for a lot more considering the time between .16 and .17.
Well the game dev has been busy with real life issues so gotta have patience in-between updates as soon as the dev gets stuff sorted updates will come out faster and should have more content.

Oct 7, 2019
I didn't forget anything, I pay for early access to the builds and I played through it and thought it was light on content. Am I not allowed to express my disappointment?
You don't 'pay' for anything. You contribute to support an artist you like, and they choose to reward you with early access updates. If anything, you could express disappointment at not getting the update before non-supporters, but even that would be a stretch.

If this were an early access game made by a serious developer that you actually bought and were promised steady updates for, then you would have a leg to stand on.

taverly

Aug 20, 2018
You don't 'pay' for anything. You contribute to support an artist you like, and they choose to reward you with early access updates. If anything, you could express disappointment at not getting the update before non-supporters, but even that would be a stretch.

If this were an early access game made by a serious developer that you actually bought and were promised steady updates for, then you would have a leg to stand on.
They choose to reward me with early access? Are you telling me that if I didn't give them money for access to the newest build of the game then I wouldn't be able to play it? Sounds like I did buy something because this is quite literally an early access game, and I was hoping for more after finishing .17. All I was saying is that I was hoping the update would be more substantial.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019
They choose to reward me with early access? Are you telling me that if I didn't give them money for access to the newest build of the game then I wouldn't be able to play it? Sounds like I did buy something because this is quite literally an early access game, and I was hoping for more after finishing .17. All I was saying is that I was hoping the update would be more substantial.
They don't have to give you anything. They could choose to reward contributors with artwork, in-game credits, the ability to vote in polls, whatever they want. It doesn't have to be early access. It doesn't have to be anything. You aren't buying anything, you are saying that you like the content, recognize the artist is creating that content for free, and choose to donate so that they can continue to create free content.

We are supporters, not customers.

I should add that if you didn't like the update, you are free to complain. It is a human right to say when you don't like something. However, you don't get to use your donator status to do so.

4.20 star(s) 23 Votes