Jul 28, 2017
Just dumb luck. You're often better off using Replay on regular Enchantment. If you're aiming for Rare cards, try to take on the shopkeepers - supposing you're buff enough. You could also hope for the Crit/Draw skill or the Enchantment duration+ skill. 'Extend' works until then.
The problem was that I set up my deck assuming I could get the rainbow enchant then extending it, so I removed the base enchants from the deck. The problem was that with only 2 copies of the instant rainbow, it was hit or miss whether I got it the card early. Still won the challenge run, cause once I got it and reinforce, it was almost a 2 turn kill against anything, but some of the fights dragged cause getting one of those took ages.

ParoParo

Dec 16, 2019
i've dont understand why people are saying sword is the best. Wand you can get near infinite turns potentially i dont understand what op thing you can do with swords though.

Bloo Bun

May 9, 2022
Really hope this can get a proper translation someday, really liking it so far, it's creative in how negative cards can effect you and such, and the girls are all cute

Reactions: Slences
Jul 28, 2017
i've dont understand why people are saying sword is the best. Wand you can get near infinite turns potentially i dont understand what op thing you can do with swords though.
Starts off the strongest, to the point where max cost you can almost take down some bosses without additional upgrades.

mastersteve121

Oct 10, 2021
Starts off the strongest, to the point where max cost you can almost take down some bosses without additional upgrades.
indeed,i max out every weapeon's level and wand seems to be the strongest to me, it could wap out minions in 1 turn while others couldnt, and it also has a promising damage while sometimes i only got 1 card to play each turn.

DapperTerminal

Jun 16, 2018
With 3 Flurry or Retsuzansho, (same card, diff translation) pursuit and the skill that draws a card after every pursuit you get an infinite turn. You can do it with only 2 but that takes quite a bit of deck cutting that needs more campfires than a single layer dungeon can give you.

Damage itself can ramp up very quickly on endless with enough crit+ and crit power skills.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
indeed,i max out every weapeon's level and wand seems to be the strongest to me, it could wap out minions in 1 turn while others couldnt, and it also has a promising damage while sometimes i only got 1 card to play each turn.
You're not wrong. Wand's forte is depending less on Skills (bar Atk+ on mana recovery, maybe). You still need dumb luck for getting Rare cards. The issue with Wand is needing a grand 3 cards to get infinite:
- abundance for draw, 3 turns
- mana loop to recover mana, 1 turn (can never seem to ever get the damn card)
- Wizardry to up your mana pool, instant (Probably 2 copies fpr a long while)
The real issue is getting the last 2 in the same turn, while your mana pool isn't too depleted. Garbage cards and mana drain from the opponent are likely to end you before that happens. Deck thinning and getting 0-cost fillers are vital early on. 2 starting copies of Elapse trash doesn't help either.
1721759463730.png
So this'd be the ultimate Wand deck. I haven't upgraged Sweepout to still draw a card with the 4-cost skill, because you need Abundance 1st turn no matter what.

Sword's forte is its simplicity, the Stun lifesaver card, and replicating Flurry to fill your deck with 0-cost cards to counter the enemy. It gets infinite with only 1 Skill (draw on follow-ups), and has plentry of 0-cost draw cards to much bang for your buck before that.

I have the hardest time with Dagger now...

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Hiron005

Dec 7, 2020
Is anyone else getting error "$gameVariables.value(...)[13].indexOf is not a function"? I am getting this error at random during different fights and quite often.

ParoParo

Dec 16, 2019
I think the biggest problem with this game is that it puts too much emphasis on restarting but there isnt really enough time to do much. it wouldve been a better game if it let people just keep the decks through runs and they progress as they go.

Jul 28, 2017
You're not wrong. Wand's forte is depending less on Skills (bar Atk+ on mana recovery, maybe). You still need dumb luck for getting Rare cards. The issue with Wand is needing a grand 3 cards to get infinite:
- abundance for draw, 3 turns
- mana loop to recover mana, 1 turn (can never seem to ever get the damn card)
- Wizardry to up your mana pool, instant (Probably 2 copies fpr a long while)
The real issue is getting the last 2 in the same turn, while your mana pool isn't too depleted. Garbage cards and mana drain from the opponent are likely to end you before that happens. Deck thinning and getting 0-cost fillers are vital early on. 2 starting copies of Elapse trash doesn't help either.
View attachment 3860185
So this'd be the ultimate Wand deck. I haven't upgraged Sweepout to still draw a card with the 4-cost skill, because you need Abundance 1st turn no matter what.

Sword's forte is its simplicity, the Stun lifesaver card, and replicating Flurry to fill your deck with 0-cost cards to counter the enemy. It gets infinite with only 1 Skill (draw on follow-ups), and has plentry of 0-cost draw cards to much bang for your buck before that.

I have the hardest time with Dagger now...
Dagger does absolutely rely on skills to show its strengths, and card upgrades can make a world of difference. You need crit chance ups, as many as you can get, for the deck to really show its stuff, but you will eventually get it up to 100% if you've got the relevant upgrade, and even if you don't, getting to the point where the 30% 5 turns or even the 50% 1 turn crit boost gets you the rest of the way can suffice. After that, your job is filling your deck with hidden blades. Getting the "restore cost on crit" card on top, and you've basically got enough of a set-up to wrap things up. Upgrading the "draw on crit" 1 cost cards also basically just turns them into more hidden blades that you start with, so that's a shoe-in as well.
There's more about this deck I'm forgetting, but I'm kinda done with the game for now and I haven't played dagger in a while.

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting error "$gameVariables.value(...)[13].indexOf is not a function"? I am getting this error at random during different fights and quite often.
all i can think of is maybe you extracted the zip or rar file wrong. if you have unicode characters in your folder directories this could be a sign of this.

rammy43

Aug 13, 2016
are all the loss scenes really that shitty?
They're pretty bare bones, I feel the kink enjoyment of this game is the gameplay itself. The boss will appeal to some interesting kink and will be well represented in their deck/fight. But loss scenes itself tend to just be the same battle grapple and some text so yeah definitely not the highlight of the game.

FaceHertz

Aug 11, 2022
Attached. Also took a look and think I spotted and fixed the issue with the heart girl. The line "ハートの事しか考えられない" had a broken English translation.

Edit, thirds attempt at a fix for the heart girl. Removed the save file
vvvv
Tried it out, patch worked for me. No issues with the fight anymore.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

regalitu

Nov 17, 2019
I saw the comment about the game freezing and forcing a restart if you have no cards left to upgrade at a bonfire and you try to access that menu so I tried to not do that. But at least when using the sword deck I was only able to upgrade 2 of the cards in the deck, the others don't appear at all. Is this actually intended? I don't really know what the text at the bonfires say since that is still untranslated.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
I saw the comment about the game freezing and forcing a restart if you have no cards left to upgrade at a bonfire and you try to access that menu so I tried to not do that. But at least when using the sword deck I was only able to upgrade 2 of the cards in the deck, the others don't appear at all. Is this actually intended? I don't really know what the text at the bonfires say since that is still untranslated.
only some of the cards can be upgraded (and some even twice) the basic swords slash for example can't

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes