RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SadHold

May 25, 2017
Not complaining or anything, but this game should've gotten a "on hold" tag ages ago, it still mind boggles me that it doesnt. It's been 3 years since actual new WORTH while content got released because so far this game is like a lamborghini, it goes from 1-100 in a few seconds and the driver crashes it against a wall, takes it to the automotive tech and he doesn't have the car parts to fix it for nearly 3 years.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Your analogy is wrong. How can you compare fully functional Lamborghini to this game which doesn't even have a single chapter released? The analogy would be correct if the full game had already been released but it had one or more game-breaking bugs which YT for some reason wouldn't fix in 3 years.

That being said, I get your point but can't really do anything about it. Every time I want to complain about YT and this game, I always remind myself he's not charging anything so there's no real base to complain about anything.

To me, this situation is like when those bloody goons announced Beyond Good and Evil 2 and then months later say they gave up on it. Yes, I was disappointed to say the least but there's nothing to complain about since I didn't pay anything for it.

maxx mad

Feb 15, 2018
Interesting how people are complaining about YT work on every forum out there.

It does mean something, that every one of them are looking forward to play Aylia's Story and they're frustrated having to wait for it or anxious it's never going to happen.

The fact that YT is still out there, not charging monthly, taking the hits has to mean something.

There is so many useless pieces of trash so called H-games out there, do we need another one ?
Well, YT thinks he want to release something he'll be proud of or nothing, let's let him having it his way better to wait 2 years more playing a good polished game rather than than another useless piece of trash like 80% of what you can find out there.

Well, i'm not prolixe in there but today, i thought i had to add my 2 cents.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
The fact that YT is still out there, not charging monthly, taking the hits has to mean something.
This is the important part, he hasn't charged for it.
Is it an intriguing story with some nice graphics? Definitely.
Would I like to see it progress faster? Oh yes!
Do I have to pay to enjoy it? No.
I'd like to see the story get finished, and move along faster than it has, but since I haven't pledged or paid for it I'll just amuse myself with other games until the next version.

Warlan

Jun 20, 2017
I really enjoyed the February update. I can't wait for the March update and read the changelog for 0.16. It is almost like I'm playing the game :)

Reactions: yolo213

Gamerboyfan99

Jul 2, 2017
"These version numbers mean that you'll be getting approximately half of what I now envision chapter 1 to be."
"The 0.15 release will coincide with a pledged update."
lol

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Thanks, KingsRaiden. It does matter to promise something and not deliver. I wouldn't say it falls under the "scam" label that people throw around, but it's fucked up nonetheless. When I slacked off and procrastinated at the beginning, it seemed a minor thing. Time passed, and I kept planning to set things right. Then, delivering became much more challenging with all the creep that developed over the years. Doesn't make it right, but I'm 100% an amateur who was, and still is, in over his head. I'll get it done, whether it be in March through Patreon, or whether I end up moving away from Patreon and just develop in silence. Aylia's Story will see a release.

@Warlan: Sorry about that, people wanted to know where things were and what to expect. I thought the changelog would give them that information.

Thanks for your patience, and don't give up on me just yet RazzleDazzle. Give me one more month, either March will be the month I've promised for 2.5 years or I'll take a different approach without the promises built into Patreon.

Reactions: Malkmus and baka

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
Not complaining or anything, but this game should've gotten a "on hold" tag ages ago, it still mind boggles me that it doesnt. It's been 3 years since actual new WORTH while content got released because so far this game is like a lamborghini, it goes from 1-100 in a few seconds and the driver crashes it against a wall, takes it to the automotive tech and he doesn't have the car parts to fix it for nearly 3 years.
I think "abandoned" would be a better choice of tag. Last time I checked this game around January, dev was talking about moving things faster, hiring people etc., yet we are here after months and there is nothing that moved further. No update, nothing...

Dev is nothing but talk at this point. It's funny to see that people are still discussing this shit, reaching 30 pages full of nothing. I bet dev himself is laughing his ass off too to all the naive people that are expecting a release for this game lol.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I think "abandoned" would be a better choice of tag. Last time I checked this game around January, dev was talking about moving things faster, hiring people etc., yet we are here after months and there is nothing that moved further. No update, nothing...

Dev is nothing but talk at this point. It's funny to see that people are still discussing this shit, reaching 30 pages full of nothing. I bet dev himself is laughing his ass off too to all the naive people that are expecting a release for this game lol.
Better than 30+ pages of discussion on Patreon rules that no one needs to comment on as they aren't a supporter, or making design and plot ideas on a thread that the author doesn't read.

At least it does progress, I could think of many games that take just as long to move, though I do wish this one did have more it has a lot of potential.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
come on he admitted he has issues. what we can do is to push him forward, not complaining, im sure he already knows that and feel shit about it. better encourage him to work, that his small updates are appreciated.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017

Literally, 4 posts above you I said I'll get a release this month or I'll close my Patreon. So, you might get your wish and it'll be officially abandoned. I do find it hilarious that there is a release in August and December, both of which had new artwork and other content. The August release had over 20k words of new dialogue. But no release in 3 months so it must be "abandoned." Gotcha.

yolo213

Jun 5, 2017
Why even bother so much, can you even imagine yourself finishing the entirety of the game? If you don't plan to finish then just forget it.

For me it appears like some sort of internal struggle. On the one hand you really want to finish what you've envisioned and what you've started but on the other hand you can't bring yourself to steady work on the project for some reasons(like being a sloth) but then overtime it had become a matter of honor, sorta and that's where we are.

Like you've been claiming that there'd be release some time now and you kind of self-obligated yourself to doing so by repeatedly stating that in the public thus chained yourself to your proclamation. At the same time it's a fucking trouble, there is no other way to explain it. Many people are elephants, but when I see something like this, it reminds me of highschool days and people's attitude from back then.

Man I am sure you are long after highschool days.

I sincerely won't be amazed if you bail just right after this release. (c)

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
YT only needs a guy that keeps him on a leash, just let YT do the writing stuff and maybe some minor art.
As it is now he lacks guidance and basically doesn't get shit done. Yeah I was writing the same stuff 2-3 years ago but nothing changed.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Why even bother so much, can you even imagine yourself finishing the entirety of the game?
Yes. I can easily imagine it. I got my first job when I was 15, I moved out when I was 18 and survived since. I finished my bachelor's, masters, and doctorate. I completed multiple large projects for the company I worked for. Yes, I CAN complete things, and yes, I can imagine the game being finished. In fact, even if I were to ditch Patreon, I'd still imagine finishing and selling the final version at some point.

As for bailing after the release, pretty sure I wouldn't bail if I finally achieved what I'd set out to do so long ago. Shit, I'd be so ecstatic, bailing would be the last thing on my mind.

Reactions: prmk

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
Literally, 4 posts above you I said I'll get a release this month or I'll close my Patreon. So, you might get your wish and it'll be officially abandoned. I do find it hilarious that there is a release in August and December, both of which had new artwork and other content. The August release had over 20k words of new dialogue. But no release in 3 months so it must be "abandoned." Gotcha.
I've heard you saying that you would get a release multiple times before and yet you are still at the same chapter, no real progression.

I don't give a damn about your patreon, since i don't think you are scamming anyone in anyway. People who think so don't realise that you are using pay for major release, instead of monthly payment. But this still doesn't change the fact that you can release some progression without having any financial support, if that's your excuse.

After 3 years, you are still talking about chapter 1 of your game and giving petty excuses for further delay. This game will NEVER be finished.

Reactions: MarianeElos
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes