3.40 star(s) 10 Votes

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Episode 3 Part 1 available PC/MAC now for Patreon 5 !

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aristos

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Devlog 8 : 20H00 !

Hello B.E.S.T.I.E.S!

Lots of little news today!
As you know, Episode 3 is divided by hours and the free-roam represents the evening at Grace's, also divided by hours.
We are at 8:00 p.m., the end of the evening passing at midnight.

19h35.png

Last week was largely used to learn how to code some things including, and I think this will please some players: the arrival of the phone!

1b6eed660c327152e3138133d6f3ebec(1).png

So we had to integrate it into Episode 4 at your request... But we found the opportunity to use it before so we spent time on it trying to understand how it works and in the end... Well we are quite satisfied with the result!
This of course needs to be improved over time, but here are the functions that we have managed to integrate:

- The list of dynamic contacts according to your history and the paths you follow.
- You can, at certain times, send messages to girls yourself, again depending on the story and the choices you have made previously.
- Integration of B.E.S.T stats into the phone.
- History of messages received
- A Wallpaper function to change the phone's wallpaper: When you receive photos of girls by message, they are saved in the phone and you can reuse them as wallpaper.

Other functions will come over time. If you have ideas for useful things to add, don't hesitate to leave us comments!

The other part of the time was used for free-roam and in particular the navigation system inside. We have therefore created free-roam in such a way that you do not have to look for where you need to go but to choose. Here is the “main hub” for this evening and how the free-roam will be organized:

8fbfe984b98c86cc2475558deb123916.jpg

As you see the middle image represents the hub where you can click on girls to talk with them or participate in activities, at the top and bottom the movement bars which tell you which room to go to. Finally obviously events depending on your choices and current routes will take place during this event, characters will be available... or not for you depending on your saves...

Finally, now that all that is done, even if it took us a little longer than expected, it saved us time for episode 4!

All that remains is to chain together the images and animations for the evening and move forward in this free-roam until the end of the episode!

See you soon !

Dolyla

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Please, don't get entangled in this "freeroam" craze, Dolyla .
Complex freeroams aren't for everybody, and if they end up taking a huge amount of development time they can be harmful for the project (in my opinion). Believe me, players attach much more importance to other aspects of AVNs, mainly the story, the renders, the freedom to chose or not chose who they want to pursue, etc.

The update looks awesome, though.
BON COURAGE ! J'ai vraiment hâte de la voir ! / I'm really looking forward to it!

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
DEVLOG 9 : 21h00 !

The evening is progressing!
Hello B.E.S.T.I.E.S!

Today we finally move on, the 8:00 p.m. “free-roam” part having finished.
It took us a while to figure out how to make something cool.
With the telephone and free-roam, this gives us two new things we learned that will save us time on the next episodes!

20h27.png

So we now move on to the 9:00 p.m. scenes and as the evening continues, we should be able to move faster now.

free20mira4.png New characters, actions, scenes available according to your previous choices... We really hope that you will enjoy what we have prepared for you!

free20red1.png I'll leave you and come back to you when we get to the 10:00 p.m. section!

See you soon !
Dolyla

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
shit another nightmare free roam like dik.....dev you have an awesome game going why to waste time with those minigames and free roams....?

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
shit another nightmare free roam like dik.....dev you have an awesome game going why to waste time with those minigames and free roams....?
Never said it would be like Badik or other games :) Just a free roam "simple" during an event where you can talk and choose what you want to do and with whom you want to continue talking :) We're not pro of freeroam, that's our first one and we wont make others every episode don't worry :) The event was just a good "place" to make one. :)

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Never said it would be like Badik or other games :) Just a free roam "simple" during an event where you can talk and choose what you want to do and with whom you want to continue talking :) We're not pro of freeroam, that's our first one and we wont make others every episode don't worry :) The event was just a good "place" to make one. :)
Hey Dolyla, I had a question about the harem tag you've planned. I tried to go through the entire thread but i could not get my doubts cleared so, sorry if you have already answered this before.
My question was I've seen a lot of devs these days add the Harem Tag and they mean it completely differently then what it actually means. What they mean is, yes it is a harem in the sense you can date all the LIs at the same time but in the end while deciding the endings, you gotta choose a girl you want to be in a relationship with and break the hearts of others and that is not what harem means at all. Original harem meaning is all women date a single man and they know about each other and it is consensual, they may object it at first but by the end they accept it, so in that way the MC needs to actually work hard to achieve the harem rather than all the girls just falling into his arms, the women don't need to be attracted to each other which some people think they do for threesomes and stuff but that is not it as well. So what do you mean by the harem tag which is added as a planned future genre in this game? If the MC will have to choose a single girl then it's not a harem, but if MC won't have to choose and all girls would accept each other then it would mean a complete harem, and if some of them accept lets say for example 4 or 5 and rest don't agree that would mean a semi harem. So what future plans you have regarding this harem as you've mentioned we could see after episode 4?

• Haha
Reactions: Abhai

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
in your definition, I would say semi-harem. No sharing, a harem path with the "main group" of Li, others as side chicks, depending of the choices as always. But our harem path will be one of the paths possible, not the "main" path of the game.

Reactions: jingyuchua

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
Other functions will come over time. If you have ideas for useful things to add, don't hesitate to leave us comments!
Yeah, phone games lol. Fun ones and not annoying ones. Pong or so. Just stuff a loner can enjoy while on their phone. Since I am avoiding everyone, my phone won't be getting lit up.

Not sure about a "social" type app (to find side girls/a quickie) or to leave a post on a LI's status post or something. Since that function seems to be in many phones already (in other AVNS) I would guess you'd want something different/new and not just copy stuff.

I do hope you plan stuff for the loner players. Almost everything I see is just for this/that path or etc. Loner path gets no love. Can someone not have fun by themselves? give my MC an option to play video games, watch a movie/show, go out to an arcade or just somewhere away from everyone.

Just a free roam "simple"
I like simplistic free roams. Not click a million things, go left/right and right/left to find a room/person/thing etc. Makes replaying shit with that an annoyance. I rather avoid that if I can. So, thank you for making your free roams and clickable choices (when you click on a character) simple and easier to navigate.

shit another nightmare free roam like
Dude, try something out before assuming it's a nightmare. You didn't even play it yet and are already bitching.

3.40 star(s) 10 Votes