Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
If he has a day job he's stupid. If he kept consistent updates coming he'd easily be earning over 4k a month. After-tax that's over 40k a year. But it'd be EVEN MORE since he could focus on marketing, have more time to push updates out faster or make them bigger, and thus would likely earn 60-100k. So let me correct the statement you quoted as I'm gonna believe you that he has a day job. "It is his DUTY to put out updates for the people paying his lazy ass >3k a month)". Better? :)
He has a stable well paid prestigious job and a career, making adult games is just a hobby. He'd be a complete idiot to throw that career and stable income away for something as unstable and risky as making adult indie games. Making games is not like chopping wood, a job with a stable quaranteed amount of output and income, especially if that depends on something as unstable as adult game market and Patreon donation system. Imagine hitting a creative block and being unable to continue the story you started for a few months or maybe longer? Imagine ending one game and not having anything to write about to start a new one?
Too many unreliable circumstances to count on to bet the livelyhood of your family on it. I know I woudn't make that bet, unless I had a really shitty job with minimum wage and no career. A gambler or a kid who has no family or career to care about, might. Same goes for a retired person who has no day job any more.

Currently only a few talented game developers here have been lucky enough to be able to have it as a full time job that pays off well enough, at least temporarily. And even they can't be sure that they will keep being that lucky a year or two from now. Maybe their previous jobs weren't that well paid, stable and prestigious or maybe they didn't like those jobs well enough to keep them. So they probably thought that even if making games won't pay that well any more, they would be able to find a new job at least as good as the one they had before.
A janitor, a bus driver, possibly a cachier at a mall, a freelancer journalist could pull that off. A dentist, teacher, lawyer, a small business owner - not so much.

And I believe I remember this correctly, that he is in fact a lawyer. So it probably pays better than making adult indie games ever could (let's say, as an average over a 5 year period) and it's not a career that can be put on hold for a few years and then continue from the same spot later on.

Last edited:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
He has a stable well paid prestigious job and a career, making adult games is just a hobby. He'd be a complete idiot to throw that career and stable income away for something as unstable and risky as making adult indie games. Making games is not like chopping wood, a job with a stable quaranteed amount of output and income, especially if that depends on something as unstable as adult game market and Patreon donation system. Imagine hitting a creative block and being unable to continue the story you started for a few months or maybe longer? Imagine ending one game and not having anything to write about to start a new one?
Too many unreliable circumstances to count on to bet the livelyhood of your family on it. I know I woudn't make that bet, unless I had a really shitty job with minimum wage and no career. A gambler or a kid who has no family or career to care about, might. Same goes for a retired person who has no day job any more.

Currently only a few talented game developers here have been lucky enough to be able to have it as a full time job that pays off well enough, at least temporarily. And even they can't be sure that they will keep being that lucky a year or two from now. Maybe their previous jobs weren't that well paid, stable and prestigious or maybe they didn't like those jobs well enough to keep them. So they probably thought that even if making games won't pay that well any more, they would be able to find a new job at least as good as the one they had before.
A janitor, a bus driver, possibly a cachier at a mall, a freelancer journalist could pull that off. A dentist, teacher, lawyer, a small business owner - not so much.

And I believe I remember this correctly, that he is in fact a lawyer. So it probably pays better than making adult indie games ever could (let's say, as an average over a 5 year period) and it's not a career that can be put on hold for a few years and then continue from the same spot later on.
Actually, you're wrong. When he was doing Babysitter he quit his job to work on the game. Because he was making so much money, he had to create a business because of tax implications. At that time, he was making over 11k a month. Of course, the situation with his wife happened so I have no idea if he went back to regular work after that. But he actually did quit his job for a time. As for him being a lawyer, depends on what country he's from since he's stated quite a few times to me that English is not his native language. I have no idea where he's from. Keep in mind, everything I'm stating is from what he told me as well as what he said on his discord in the past......It is getting a little obvious that maybe we should be questioning what he says since he has become unreliable. With the situation with his wife, I have no idea if he went back to a regular job or not.

You are right with the volatility of games. It can be very up and down and just not happen at all. With him, remember, he doesn't write his games. He gets others. For Babysitter, he had BurtReynoldsMustache who left that game and went onto City of Broken Dreamers. I have no idea if there was a rift between the two or what, I just know T4bbo was blaming him for late scripts and that's why he couldn't hit some deadlines at that time. Whether that was true or not or if something happened behind the scenes and Burt went 'screw it, I'm out'....I have no idea. Whatever happened I think they mended some fences because I know he had Burt going over the script of the new writer toward the end of Babysitter and Babysitters(I particularly was not a fan of the new writer).

But even with everything that went down, I have no idea what his patreon is now, but last I saw it was just about at 4k a month(pretty sure it has dipped since I saw it last). That was with taking a year off and putting his game on pause. He came back and got people excited again. I'm not saying he'd be able to keep up 4k a month, but he was making over 10k and he was throwing out crappy excuses and people still stayed for the most part. I do remember he had members bail and he dropped to 8k a month when they were doing that yacht scene in Babysitter and he maintained that til Babysitter ended. People also forget he diverged some during Babysitter to make his own Patreon like site where people could pay a crypto....I think it was litecoin, but can't remember...haven't heard much of that crypto since, lol. What I'm saying though is he had a chance to be one of those few guys to make some loot doing this and he blew it. As a dev myself and someone who was helped by T4bbo with advice and learning things in Daz, I'm very disappointed in him because it's massively hard to gain an audience. To just seemingly throw it away is a little disheartening.

ReturnofPoncho

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
He had upwards of somewhere between 1500 to 1800 patrons back when he was working on babysitter. The guy was making a little over $12,000 per month roughly off what he was doing on patreon. That's 6 figures a year before taxes. I'd have to wonder what kind of job he works at that pays him more than that, which would make him not want to maintain what he's doing on patreon. If he had kept going with this, he'd be rolling in even more money. His day job must really pay him a shitload of money to give up 6 figures per year.
I can't find the post, but I thought he said he was a lawyer?

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I can't find the post, but I thought he said he was a lawyer?
He might have been at one point, but he quit his job to do this fulltime when he was getting 12-14k a month. He even formed a LLC if I remember right because all of the money he was making. He might have gone back to work with the situation with his wife, but not sure. Also, when he was making that money he also diverged and created a patreon like website where people can pay for games via crypto....it never took off though.

Last edited:

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
He was suppossed to move out from current house, so i dunno maybe he lives in ukraine or russia.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I hate to say it though, gotta question everything he says at this point, don't we?

I want to edit this a little bit....I do feel like a little bit of an a$$hole in saying that because him helping me in the past.........I do owe him a huge thank you.....but on the flip side, I am admittedly cynical on things and never take what anyone tells me as the full truth(an instinct that has served me well in my life). I tend to question everything.

ReturnofPoncho

Last edited:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Actually, you're wrong. When he was doing Babysitter he quit his job to work on the game. Because he was making so much money, he had to create a business because of tax implications. At that time, he was making over 11k a month. Of course, the situation with his wife happened so I have no idea if he went back to regular work after that. But he actually did quit his job for a time. As for him being a lawyer, depends on what country he's from since he's stated quite a few times to me that English is not his native language. I have no idea where he's from. Keep in mind, everything I'm stating is from what he told me as well as what he said on his discord in the past......It is getting a little obvious that maybe we should be questioning what he says since he has become unreliable. With the situation with his wife, I have no idea if he went back to a regular job or not.

You are right with the volatility of games. It can be very up and down and just not happen at all. With him, remember, he doesn't write his games. He gets others. For Babysitter, he had BurtReynoldsMustache who left that game and went onto City of Broken Dreamers. I have no idea if there was a rift between the two or what, I just know T4bbo was blaming him for late scripts and that's why he couldn't hit some deadlines at that time. Whether that was true or not or if something happened behind the scenes and Burt went 'screw it, I'm out'....I have no idea. Whatever happened I think they mended some fences because I know he had Burt going over the script of the new writer toward the end of Babysitter and Babysitters(I particularly was not a fan of the new writer).

ReturnofPoncho
Yeah, early and late Babysitter plot got a bit weaken as opposed to the mid game plot, which had a lot of more romance thematics and love triangle stuff, plus a conspiracy going on, and eventually it just... ended? Suddenly its about the mom finding out about the relationship and not much else, and that kinda got resolved pretty fast and painless aswell if you ask me. The dialogue overall also got worse, same thing with the grammar and typo, so I've always assumed t4bbo himself picked up the pieces of his writer and decided to continue the story himself. Babysitters its kinda of the same, some dialogue parts are just... weird to read. If he's in Ukraine or Russia thats kinda fucked up but I think he stopped giving feedbacks waaay before that so I assume if he's not from there and not directly affected (might have some family there), then its his wife health being problematic again.

In any case, I didnt expected he to come back ever again anyway so I'll remain hopeful.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Yeah, early and late Babysitter plot got a bit weaken as opposed to the mid game plot, which had a lot of more romance thematics and love triangle stuff, plus a conspiracy going on, and eventually it just... ended? Suddenly its about the mom finding out about the relationship and not much else, and that kinda got resolved pretty fast and painless aswell if you ask me. The dialogue overall also got worse, same thing with the grammar and typo, so I've always assumed t4bbo himself picked up the pieces of his writer and decided to continue the story himself. Babysitters its kinda of the same, some dialogue parts are just... weird to read. If he's in Ukraine or Russia thats kinda fucked up but I think he stopped giving feedbacks waaay before that so I assume if he's not from there and not directly affected (might have some family there), then its his wife health being problematic again.

In any case, I didnt expected he to come back ever again anyway so I'll remain hopeful.
Nothing wrong to be hopeful. With him writing, I'm pretty sure he has done none of it. I remember pointing out to him on discord that there were a few lines that didn't make any sense. That was when he told me he didn't what was right since English wasn't his first language and that he was relying on his writers with that stuff. Personally, I like the guy....all the game stuff not withstanding....he went out of his way to help me when he didn't and I've always been grateful for that. I also feel for a lot of the people who are part of his patron kinda feeling forgotten. Who knows what he's going through. I just know some of the disappearing stuff isn't new.....so I guess we gotta take it for what it is.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Nothing wrong to be hopeful. With him writing, I'm pretty sure he has done none of it. I remember pointing out to him on discord that there were a few lines that didn't make any sense. That was when he told me he didn't what was right since English wasn't his first language and that he was relying on his writers with that stuff. Personally, I like the guy....all the game stuff not withstanding....he went out of his way to help me when he didn't and I've always been grateful for that. I also feel for a lot of the people who are part of his patron kinda feeling forgotten. Who knows what he's going through. I just know some of the disappearing stuff isn't new.....so I guess we gotta take it for what it is.
Well, as much as I like t4bbo's work, either if he's the one writing this new stuff himself or its a new writer, its not even close to the one he had during mid-Babysitter and should hire a new proper one... when, and if, his situation stabilizes. There's a good fundation for an adult story but some parts of the dialogue and how the story naturally progresses is kinda of weak.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Well, as much as I like t4bbo's work, either if he's the one writing this new stuff himself or its a new writer, its not even close to the one he had during mid-Babysitter and should hire a new proper one... when, and if, his situation stabilizes. There's a good fundation for an adult story but some parts of the dialogue and how the story naturally progresses is kinda of weak.
No, I fully agree with you. The part your describing about Babysitter is when BurtReynoldsMustache was writing it. He's really good. Right about when he left that project is when things started getting weak. I'm not sure if he hopped on City of Broken Dreamers at that point or not, but he worked on that project as it was being released(Not sure if he's still involved with it). I certainly enjoyed the writing of Babysitter at the time he was working on it. Kinda glad I didn't feel like I was being insulted in what I read, lol. When the new writer took over, I had a pretty bad reaction to it. Not going to lie about that. The writer that took over on Babysitter is the same one that was writing Babysitters before his hiatus.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Only thing I can't seem to unlock is Angelica's blowjob on the sofa. It doesn't even work in Scrappy's mod.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
So I googled what does aboned mean and it redirected me to instagram and this is one of the pictures I got.
View attachment 1688517

Jk... Just kidding. That's a terrible one. Sorry.

I believe F95 updated its guidlines and according to the new one, a game will be marked abandoned only when its developer is radio silence for 5 months straight.
You should put those kind of pictures into spoiler button with a warning. It is very gross and not for everyone.

4.30 star(s) 79 Votes