Apr 20, 2018
See the thing I hate about "internet jobs" is flexibility. In any "real world" job, if your wife gets hospitalized, if you have severe issues or family dies, you get at most a week off. Even after your wife births your child most jobs only give a couple of weeks, a month if you're extremely lucky.

All due respect to the dev, the shit with his wife CAN'T be easy... But pausing the billing cycle and not working isn't good either.
People grieve for example in their own ways, but 1 thing across all forms of depression, grief, or poor times is proven to improve the situation you find yourself in: consistency and routine.
This man with paused billing (if it is still paused?) and a now approaching half a year update is able to earn 30+k a year after taxes. That's with slow development. Had the update dropped in December I'd wager his monthly pay to him, he'd be earning 4k a month vs the current 3.6k.

The biggest issue across the entire western-eroge community I see is a lack of responsibility and reliability.
Deadlines are BEYOND flexible when you make your own hours. Guess what? Fun fact, the higher paid earners e.g. Being A Dik work a decent amount of hours per day, while the developers of games such as this or School of Lust, tend to work the bare minimum.
Ultimately, this is a case of responsibility, accountability, and a lack of work ethic. It's the Patrons' fault for not pressuring people's pay when the work doesn't show.

As someone who hopes to develop their own eroge soon (when my art improves, mostly working on skeleton structure right now, then its simpler for the muscles, and shading is a bitch to me but gotta get that down too lol) it's annoying to think if I work 8 or more hours a day on my projects that I'd be earning less than someone who puts out 1 update a year with minimal content that they could have easily done in a month or 2.

TL;DR: The situation with the wife still sucks, however the dev now has to work like any other person in the regular world does. Patrons not holding him accountable and still paying him 3.6k a month won't fix the lack of work ethic.
Hopefully, his wife gets better but he needs normalcy in his life, should start off with a good work routine.

Dec 29, 2021
See the thing I hate about "internet jobs" is flexibility. In any "real world" job, if your wife gets hospitalized, if you have severe issues or family dies, you get at most a week off. Even after your wife births your child most jobs only give a couple of weeks, a month if you're extremely lucky.

All due respect to the dev, the shit with his wife CAN'T be easy... But pausing the billing cycle and not working isn't good either.
People grieve for example in their own ways, but 1 thing across all forms of depression, grief, or poor times is proven to improve the situation you find yourself in: consistency and routine.
This man with paused billing (if it is still paused?) and a now approaching half a year update is able to earn 30+k a year after taxes. That's with slow development. Had the update dropped in December I'd wager his monthly pay to him, he'd be earning 4k a month vs the current 3.6k.

The biggest issue across the entire western-eroge community I see is a lack of responsibility and reliability.
Deadlines are BEYOND flexible when you make your own hours. Guess what? Fun fact, the higher paid earners e.g. Being A Dik work a decent amount of hours per day, while the developers of games such as this or School of Lust, tend to work the bare minimum.
Ultimately, this is a case of responsibility, accountability, and a lack of work ethic. It's the Patrons' fault for not pressuring people's pay when the work doesn't show.

As someone who hopes to develop their own eroge soon (when my art improves, mostly working on skeleton structure right now, then its simpler for the muscles, and shading is a bitch to me but gotta get that down too lol) it's annoying to think if I work 8 or more hours a day on my projects that I'd be earning less than someone who puts out 1 update a year with minimal content that they could have easily done in a month or 2.

TL;DR: The situation with the wife still sucks, however the dev now has to work like any other person in the regular world does. Patrons not holding him accountable and still paying him 3.6k a month won't fix the lack of work ethic.
Hopefully, his wife gets better but he needs normalcy in his life, should start off with a good work routine.

I agree with you, but in the end he "only" gives me a game, which for me is just a luxury that I don't really need. I love this game and if I get something I'm very happy, but if I don't get it then I just move on. I wish him and his family the best although I don't think things are going well.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
How do you know how much these people work?

Apr 20, 2018
How do you know how much these people work?
I know by simple deduction mate, what the fuck do you mean?
If a developer is consistently releasing updates every 2 to 3 months that have X amount of scenes in them and suddenly there has been no update in half a year, there are 2 to 3 updates that would have usually transpired.

Let's just say an update that took him 2 to 3 months would have 5-7 sex scenes (respective of those months), if the 6-month updates don't have 14 or more, then he didn't do "as much work" in that time.
The thing is yes some updates are more story-focused, so we can argue semantics and other shit all we want.

But when you actually LOOK at update progression and update SIZE, the updates for hard-working devs are usually of similar size, the issue then becomes "well they're not obligated to work for us x amount"... That's the thing, they ARE.
Patreon will legitimately allow you to refund months of support if you can prove the developer is barely working on a game.
There's only one company that ever GHOSTED for literal months when updating their game "Hello Games" (No Man's Sky devs), sure that worked out but the work ethic was insane and they were working 12+ hour days.

Compare such work ethic to this dev, Dr. Bones dev, or even development by boner games which for years was dramatically slowed with them trying to "prevent piracy" > Triple-A games are being hacked to be played for free, yet this indie company thinks they can get away from it... (Piracy in this community = promotion anyway as Patreons, etc are always uploaded).

Sure you may not like the essay, but it baffles me how there is ANY confusion or encouragement for these kinds of developers when they're not doing what they're being paid to do.

TL;DR: Use basic damn deduction and you'll be able to figure out that bi-monthly updated with 5 scenes in vs a half a yearly update with 8 in isn't exactly them maintaining their work ethic.
I absolutely empathize with the situation with his wife, but it's been over 2 damn months and he hasn't "gone back to work", you ask how I know he isn't working? His Patreon has been ghosted for literal MONTHS. There are many comments here saying he did the exact same bs with "Babysitter (prequel to this)".
If you were genuinely just asking then sorry, but 90% of the time someone asks a question on this site that may support corrupt devs it's just stupid. Hopefully, you're in the 10%.

Apr 20, 2018
I agree with you, but in the end he "only" gives me a game, which for me is just a luxury that I don't really need. I love this game and if I get something I'm very happy, but if I don't get it then I just move on. I wish him and his family the best although I don't think things are going well.
674 people allow this man to keep his life going, it's his JOB.
You just agreed with what I said and then justified his tardiness by your "I don't really mind since it's just a game".
If you aren't supporting him then technically none of what I said applies to you. If you are supporting him the time without an update is nearing 6 months: 3244/674 = 4.81$. His average Patron has therefore spent ~29 dollars on this update ASSUMING it drops at the 6-month mark.
Go on steam and just see what 29 dollars gets you, my point is NOT to say he doesn't deserve >3k a month when he works hard. It's to say that as someone lucky enough to be an eroge-dev who earns thousands a month and all your living expenses are covered from such: You have a duty (literally in Patreon TOS) to consistently give out updates and/or notice on delays.

A little story about Waifu Academy dev. This man LITERALLY promised an update for 2020 Autumn at the end of 2020 summer.
When it reached Autumn, he delayed it to December. Then February, then May, everyone at this point thought he was done with the game and just lying. He then released the update a WEEK before it would have been a year.
I still haven't played that update. He's released an update or 2 since, but I don't trust him to keep this consistency up enough for my interest or funding of the game.
The reason he consistently updated people with fake release "estimates", was so he could get away with gaming and not making the game.

It doesn't matter how I feel on my own, nor you. But the issue becomes that despite the lack of work ethic is with the developer, it's also many of our faults when we are a Patron of them. When someone in the regular world stops working hard enough, they either get a warning or get fired.
People need to start withdrawing their funding when deadlines aren't met or/and there is 0 notice of when an update is being moved to. Instead, we see ICSTOR earning anywhere between 4.5k and 40k a month (he has 4500 supporters and the tiers are 1 dollar, then 10 dollar support, I don't know what the cunt makes) - his games don't even look good, I've seen new devs with far more smooth modeling/animations. But he's up there PURELY because he was an innovator for these types of games originally. He honestly needs to be "fired". Man is legit likely earning over 100k a year to LITERALLY DO NOTHING.

Anyhow, TL;DR: You can not care if he updates a game or not, but if you're paying for the game to be developed then you're literally throwing money out. If you wanna feed the leeches that's fine, but it shouldn't be encouraged.

Dec 29, 2021
You just agreed with what I said and then justified his tardiness by your "I don't really mind since it's just a game".
If you aren't supporting him then technically none of what I said applies to you. If you are supporting him the time without an update is nearing 6 months: 3244/674 = 4.81$. His average Patron has therefore spent ~29 dollars on this update ASSUMING it drops at the 6-month mark.
Go on steam and just see what 29 dollars gets you, my point is NOT to say he doesn't deserve >3k a month when he works hard. It's to say that as someone lucky enough to be an eroge-dev who earns thousands a month and all your living expenses are covered from such: You have a duty (literally in Patreon TOS) to consistently give out updates and/or notice on delays.

A little story about Waifu Academy dev. This man LITERALLY promised an update for 2020 Autumn at the end of 2020 summer.
When it reached Autumn, he delayed it to December. Then February, then May, everyone at this point thought he was done with the game and just lying. He then released the update a WEEK before it would have been a year.
I still haven't played that update. He's released an update or 2 since, but I don't trust him to keep this consistency up enough for my interest or funding of the game.
The reason he consistently updated people with fake release "estimates", was so he could get away with gaming and not making the game.

It doesn't matter how I feel on my own, nor you. But the issue becomes that despite the lack of work ethic is with the developer, it's also many of our faults when we are a Patron of them. When someone in the regular world stops working hard enough, they either get a warning or get fired.
People need to start withdrawing their funding when deadlines aren't met or/and there is 0 notice of when an update is being moved to. Instead, we see ICSTOR earning anywhere between 4.5k and 40k a month (he has 4500 supporters and the tiers are 1 dollar, then 10 dollar support, I don't know what the cunt makes) - his games don't even look good, I've seen new devs with far more smooth modeling/animations. But he's up there PURELY because he was an innovator for these types of games originally. He honestly needs to be "fired". Man is legit likely earning over 100k a year to LITERALLY DO NOTHING.

Anyhow, TL;DR: You can not care if he updates a game or not, but if you're paying for the game to be developed then you're literally throwing money out. If you wanna feed the leeches that's fine, but it shouldn't be encouraged.

Yes, I'm aware of how this works here and I see so many games where the updates take longer and longer. But if you see this development then you can pay for the update for a month and you're done. If the next update is only available in 8 months, for example, you only pay for this eighth month. Everyone is free to act.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I know by simple deduction mate, what the fuck do you mean?
If a developer is consistently releasing updates every 2 to 3 months that have X amount of scenes in them and suddenly there has been no update in half a year, there are 2 to 3 updates that would have usually transpired.

Let's just say an update that took him 2 to 3 months would have 5-7 sex scenes (respective of those months), if the 6-month updates don't have 14 or more, then he didn't do "as much work" in that time.
The thing is yes some updates are more story-focused, so we can argue semantics and other shit all we want.
Clearly you don't know as much as you think you do. Being a DIK hasn't had a release every 2-3 months since the first couple updates.

TL;DR: Use basic damn deduction and you'll be able to figure out that bi-monthly updated with 5 scenes in vs a half a yearly update with 8 in isn't exactly them maintaining their work ethic.
I absolutely empathize with the situation with his wife, but it's been over 2 damn months and he hasn't "gone back to work", you ask how I know he isn't working? His Patreon has been ghosted for literal MONTHS. There are many comments here saying he did the exact same bs with "Babysitter (prequel to this)".
Last update was Dec 31, so your statement is technically true by 4 days. Unless you talk to the dev you don't know if they've "gone back to work". Just because he doesn't post on Patreon doesn't mean he isn't working on it.

It's really not. He has a day job, and this is is outside his actual profession.

Go on steam and just see what 29 dollars gets you, my point is NOT to say he doesn't deserve >3k a month when he works hard. It's to say that as someone lucky enough to be an eroge-dev who earns thousands a month and all your living expenses are covered from such:
Not sure how you got to be the judge of whether or not he works hard or how much he gets for said work.

You have a duty (literally in Patreon TOS) to consistently give out updates and/or notice on delays.
Feel free to link this because I am not seeing it anywhere in the TOS that creators have to consistently give out updates and/or notice on delays.

Apr 20, 2018
Clearly you don't know as much as you think you do. Being a DIK hasn't had a release every 2-3 months since the first couple updates.

Last update was Dec 31, so your statement is technically true by 4 days. Unless you talk to the dev you don't know if they've "gone back to work". Just because he doesn't post on Patreon doesn't mean he isn't working on it.

It's really not. He has a day job, and this is is outside his actual profession.

Not sure how you got to be the judge of whether or not he works hard or how much he gets for said work.

Feel free to link this because I am not seeing it anywhere in the TOS that creators have to consistently give out updates and/or notice on delays.
You're genuinely stupid. I didn't say Being A Dik had bi-monthly updates, quote me on that before you follow up with something completely irrelevant to what I said, thanks.
What I SAID: If a game HAS been updating every 2 months with X amount of scenes, the game then goes 6 months before an update, usually you'd expect said update to have triple the content a 2-month update would have, maybe slightly lower if it's a more story-focused update, perhaps more due to the long wait.
Yes, this is flexible, but the overarching point I made was if every single update a dev does when they work properly takes 2 to 3 months, and then they take half a year on an update and said update has the same amount of content their usual bimonthly updates had, that my friend is a sign they didn't work hard (enough).
My statements directed towards Being A Dik, were to say they earn so highly and deserve it BECAUSE they're consistent. The quality of the game has also increased as they've earned more money (should always be the case for any company that wishes to survive, reinvestment is smart).

My statement is true by 4 days?... Okay so why is this even a fucking point, you're literally being anal over the duration he's exceeded the updates he's given to his Patrons? If my statement was correct you just ignore that point, why are you even bringing that statement to attention? Your next point is TECHNICALLY true, but you're being a smartass about it. It's so fucking obvious he isn't working on the game, or if he is then it's minimal.
Go to his Patreon and have a slow browse through update times, they're usually never more than a month, and even the stuff not on there (this is speculation >) I'd assume he talked on his Discord since I've seen people chatting about shit he's said on there months ago? So why did someone who consistently put out monthly news on the game suddenly stop? His wife tried to shoot herself yada yada. I'll repeat yet again: I feel sorry for him and as someone who has had an ex who attempted suicide (different method but still) I know it sucks when you feel helpless and sometimes perhaps blame yourself for what happened/your powerlessness to prevent the attempt.
That being said, normalcy is the best-established way to move on in life and to stay focused/not depressed. A ROUTINE is paramount to keeping yourself motivated and healthy. It's time he got back to work.
Now then let's entertain the idea that he's been working regardless of no updates: I'd take back everything I said and apologize. But he's still nearly taken triple the time of past updates, so I expect the next update to be approximately 2-4x as big (I'd put an average of 3x, but as I said it could have more sex, less sex, or no sex lol depends what the focus of the update is). We'll have to see whenever it drops. :)

If he has a day job he's stupid. If he kept consistent updates coming he'd easily be earning over 4k a month. After-tax that's over 40k a year. But it'd be EVEN MORE since he could focus on marketing, have more time to push updates out faster or make them bigger, and thus would likely earn 60-100k. So let me correct the statement you quoted as I'm gonna believe you that he has a day job. "It is his DUTY to put out updates for the people paying his lazy ass >3k a month)". Better? :)

I got to be a judge by 1. having supported him in the past and 2. being a member of the community. I have as much a say as anyone else. Get your liberal views out of these forums, please. I'm not shutting down your right to judge him, you can think the path he's taking right now is the best path any developer has ever taken, you can offer him blowjobs and candyfloss if you'd like. I don't care. But that won't stop me from speaking my mind on the corruption of medium-sized devs within this community. I'll repeat: defunding corruption is the only way this community will ever push devs to put the work in that they used to. Or abandon the game before putting out gradually slower updates before the game's inevitable end.

I'll be real here and say I can't provide a direct link as of now. I've searched for it and so many different things come up. There's stuff you can do within 90 days to get refunds if the content creator doesn't deliver stuff, simply search that yourself.
Sure you can't recharge a year's payments, that's absurd. But my statement stands. Patreon is not above the law. If I DID support him for a year and he released 0 updates, if Patreon didn't give the money back, I could easily sue.
Welcome to the adult world, it'd never get that far as Patreon would refund 60 dollars way faster than opening themselves up to lawsuits. Look at why they banned rape and loli, neither are illegal in America, yet it's more convenient to outright do something than to go through the troubles someone may encounter with lawsuits or articles, etc.

I'm not ultimately saying you're not allowed an opinion, but all of your statements except the last had little to nothing to them...
Sure I can't PROVE he's doing no work right now. I can't PROVE that he's being lazy. But it's a basic deduction that he's either doing such or is practicing bad business, which I personally think isn't the case since he was once consistent.
Hey, for all our sake I hope I'm wrong. I hope he releases a bomb of an update soon.
Until then we are both speculating, only my speculation has some material to it. (The lack of any form of update through Discord or Patreon)

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
If he has a day job he's stupid. If he kept consistent updates coming he'd easily be earning over 4k a month.
He had upwards of somewhere between 1500 to 1800 patrons back when he was working on babysitter. The guy was making a little over $12,000 per month roughly off what he was doing on patreon. That's 6 figures a year before taxes. I'd have to wonder what kind of job he works at that pays him more than that, which would make him not want to maintain what he's doing on patreon. If he had kept going with this, he'd be rolling in even more money. His day job must really pay him a shitload of money to give up 6 figures per year.

Apr 20, 2018
He had upwards of somewhere between 1500 to 1800 patrons back when he was working on babysitter. The guy was making a little over $12,000 per month roughly off what he was doing on patreon. That's 6 figures a year before taxes. I'd have to wonder what kind of job he works at that pays him more than that, which would make him not want to maintain what he's doing on patreon. If he had kept going with this, he'd be rolling in even more money. His day job must really pay him a shitload of money to give up 6 figures per year.
A lot of low-end doctor jobs in the US pay in the 100k salary range so it could be that.
Regardless, if his passion were making games you'd quit that job to pursue your passion which as you said (or claim, I'm taking your statement at face value), only makes sense for him to do since he'd be earning upwards of 6 figures.

I can tell you for an absolute fact this game would find much greater success than the original Babysitter game too.
Babysitter had a very very distant uncle-niece relationship (niche as fuck compared to the other wincest stuff), this game however has a whole slew of potential. The modeling alone allows for pretty much any man's "type" to enter the fray.
Whereas the solidified roles we have a "nice girl trying to get through college but crushes on the baby she sits for's dad", the "angsty teen daughter who is in a rebellious phase but can warm up to the stepdad", the wife alone has like 3 or 4 routes ALREADY (her being a cuck, her swinging, her cheating but not you, and her being loyal while you cheat), it seems like we'll eventually fuck our therapist and in the last update Jessica and the blonde got content...

That's what my first post meant fgs, these devs literally have the potential to push out huge updates bi-monthly or even bigger ones on their own accord over a longer month wait, but instead work ethic runs low and they let their sub count halve from laziness.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I no more suprise why admins not add Aboned Tag :)
Hasn't gone over the 6 month mark they have as a rule. Honestly though, if it does this time, they really should consider marking this as abandoned until the dev starts making more consistent updates again.

Jan 5, 2022
I no more suprise why admins not add Aboned Tag :)
So I googled what does aboned mean and it redirected me to instagram and this is one of the pictures I got.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jk... Just kidding. That's a terrible one. Sorry.

I believe F95 updated its guidlines and according to the new one, a game will be marked abandoned only when its developer is radio silence for 5 months straight.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 84 Votes