Mod Ren'Py Bad Bobby Saga Dark Path [1.2a & 0.15.30 Test Release] [ZipTieFun]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Johnfabrik

Sep 21, 2022
Hey for the Android user can someone remove the text background or opacity. Cuz that black box on text is really uncomfortable to play. It should be clean like a seen through. And sorry if it's sound demanding. Just letting the dev Or admin know...
Agreed!

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
The process to do that is something like; back up first then extract (from the .apk via renaming to zip) the ui file then edit the opacity to transparent of the text box section, once done repack (over writing what is there), rename (back to .apk) run is not that hard per se just time consuming at best at worst it bleaches the text out.

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
The process to do that is something like; back up first then extract (from the .apk via renaming to zip) the ui file then edit the opacity to transparent of the text box section, once done repack (over writing what is there), rename (back to .apk) run is not that hard per se just time consuming at best at worst it bleaches the text out.
Can you send me the screen shot of the process? If it's legit then I'm in.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Okay, I want to remove this game text invisibility on android cuz the Black background seems uncomfortable. As you said I did change it into the zip and after that i had no idea on how to progress.

Ex.. Here is the game.

And as you said I did zip the game..

... After that i didn't find the text ui, m i missing something.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Okay, I want to remove this game text invisibility on android cuz the Black background seems uncomfortable. As you said I did change it into the zip and after that i had no idea on how to progress.

Ex.. Here is the game.

And as you said I did zip the game..

... After that i didn't find the text ui, m i missing something.

Q. Hello Guy, I need help with the Dialogue/Text Box. How can I make the dialogue/Text box transparent. I know the Code for Transparent is #FFFFFF00 but i cant find the Code for it
Screens.rpy? option.rpy? gui.rpy?

A. The textbox is an image, it's not coded. You'll find it in your game folder under GUI. You can just replace it with any image you want (including a transparent one)

I am man enough too admit I was wrong. I was under the impression it is or once was coded.

more info here

2. https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
From that link above I used the (middle one)
RenPy_universal_transparent_textbox_mod_v2.6.3_by_Penfold_Mole version
over the
BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.44-pc version

Result
Before
Before mod.jpg
Affter
After mod.jpg

I did no further testing other then whats shown.
Maybe ziptiefun could be so kind to make a option to remove the shadow around the text in future releases.

Reactions: Envoye and T. Jin

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022

Q. Hello Guy, I need help with the Dialogue/Text Box. How can I make the dialogue/Text box transparent. I know the Code for Transparent is #FFFFFF00 but i cant find the Code for it
Screens.rpy? option.rpy? gui.rpy?

A. The textbox is an image, it's not coded. You'll find it in your game folder under GUI. You can just replace it with any image you want (including a transparent one)

I am man enough too admit I was wrong. I was under the impression it is or once was coded.

more info here

2. https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
From that link above I used the (middle one)
RenPy_universal_transparent_textbox_mod_v2.6.3_by_Penfold_Mole version
over the
BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.44-pc version

Result
Before
View attachment 2115973
Affter
View attachment 2115974

I did no further testing other then whats shown.
Maybe ziptiefun could be so kind to make a option to remove the shadow around the text in future releases.
So on android, should I only change the textbox image?
Cuz I can't find the outline rpy Or rpcy etc.

It's only showing the text box image on gui.

Like mine is...
X-textbox. png.

Seriously I hve no idea lmao. It's my first time doing it so total a noob.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
use the mod...
back up first
then extract files (from the .apk via renaming to a .zip) to swap location
then insert the mod files from https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/ (overwriting files if as necessary) into \game dir
then repack all files into (making a new .zip)
then rename that .zip (the extension of the repack to an .apk)
now run and see if mod is functioning as stated by the mod developer.

Last edited:

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
use the mod...
back up first
then extract files (from the .apk via renaming to a .zip) to swap location
then insert the mod files (overwriting files if as necessary) into \game dir
then repack all files into (making a new .zip)
then rename that .zip (the extension of the repack to an .apk)
now run and see if mod is functioning as stated by the mod developer.
Mod? I mean which mod? This one..... ? Text mod v 2.6.3 ?
Or is it some application that I should download from playstore?

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes