-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
projecting much?
I see no projection. You asked a question that had already been answered multiple times within the last few pages. It's reasonable to wonder why you didn't put in the minimal effort to scan 2 or 3 pages to find the answer. You've been on this site for years now; there's no way you don't know about search. But since you couldn't be arsed to find it yourself, here — 2 whole pages back from the one my reply here is on: https://f95zone.to/threads/bad-hero-ep-2-v2-8-1-xlab.19961/post-12378741, which means back a single page from your lazy question.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
I see no projection. You asked a question that had already been answered multiple times within the last few pages. It's reasonable to wonder why you didn't put in the minimal effort to scan 2 or 3 pages to find the answer. You've been on this site for years now; there's no way you don't know about search. But since you couldn't be arsed to find it yourself, here — 2 whole pages back from the one my reply here is on: https://f95zone.to/threads/bad-hero-ep-2-v2-8-1-xlab.19961/post-12378741, which means back a single page from your lazy question.
Let see: 2.6.4 < 2.7.1.
2.7.1 has less features - there is no reason to release newer version with less features - thus shittification. So on top that ASSuming that I didn't read others comments. Well some ppl are really butthurt to learn a new word. The projection is justified.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Let see: 2.6.4 < 2.7.1.
2.7.1 has less features - there is no reason to release newer version with less features - thus shittification. So on top that ASSuming that I didn't read others comments. Well some ppl are really butthurt to learn a new word. The projection is justified.
I don't know (or care to look at) the versioning history for this game. Even if this is new, though, the developer can version it however they want. (That is not an endorsement of how they've chosen to do that, TBC.) Clearly they've chosen to use minor update numbering to indicate differences in the type of content. It's not something I would do, but it is what it is.

In any case, the reason this version has no animations was explained by the developer. I really don't find it shittification, actually. It's a weird way to go about things, but in practice it would be no different than having an iPhone 9 Platinum, iPhone 9 Gold, iPhone 9 Silver, and iPhone 9 Bronze. And then when iPhone 10 came out, having the same metal-themed equivalent variations. But instead of platinum, gold, silver, and bronze, you have x.x.4, x.x.3, x.x.2, and x.x.1. Again, I'm not a fan of the numbering scheme, but obviously your logic of higher versions doesn't apply for this game — the developer has decided to have it work differently than you assumed.

When I looked at your initial post, I misread and thought you started with "Why" rather than "WTF". So for my part, that was flawed reading, not projection. Thus, since the explanation of the versioning scheme was posted as an answer to the question already asked, I jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

Technically, though, you are assuming the projection rather than allowing for it to have been simply a misreading of what you posted. Doesn't really matter to me in any case; I don't have a dog in this fight. I couldn't give :poop::poop: about the scheme. I only need to understand how it works so I know what to expect. Shrug.png

list101

Mar 18, 2019
I don't know (or care to look at) the versioning history for this game. Even if this is new, though, the developer can version it however they want. (That is not an endorsement of how they've chosen to do that, TBC.) Clearly they've chosen to use minor update numbering to indicate differences in the type of content. It's not something I would do, but it is what it is.

In any case, the reason this version has no animations was explained by the developer. I really don't find it shittification, actually. It's a weird way to go about things, but in practice it would be no different than having an iPhone 9 Platinum, iPhone 9 Gold, iPhone 9 Silver, and iPhone 9 Bronze. And then when iPhone 10 came out, having the same metal-themed equivalent variations. But instead of platinum, gold, silver, and bronze, you have x.x.4, x.x.3, x.x.2, and x.x.1. Again, I'm not a fan of the numbering scheme, but obviously your logic of higher versions doesn't apply for this game — the developer has decided to have it work differently than you assumed.

When I looked at your initial post, I misread and thought you started with "Why" rather than "WTF". So for my part, that was flawed reading, not projection. Thus, since the explanation of the versioning scheme was posted as an answer to the question already asked, I jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

Technically, though, you are assuming the projection rather than allowing for it to have been simply a misreading of what you posted. Doesn't really matter to me in any case; I don't have a dog in this fight. I couldn't give :poop::poop: about the scheme. I only need to understand how it works so I know what to expect. View attachment 3166685
When lots of folks were bashing this game I wrote it 5 stars review. This game is one in many hundreds I care about and that's why I'm voicing my discontent.
I should of explained better that it is about the timeline not so much about versioning scheme - later version with fewer features is shittification. Some of the responses I've got came across like trying to stifle justified critisism.

Reactions: n00bi

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
When lots of folks were bashing this game I wrote it 5 stars review. This game is one in many hundreds I care about and that's why I'm voicing my discontent.
I should of explained better that it is about the timeline not so much about versioning scheme - later version with fewer features is shittification. Some of the responses I've got came across like trying to stifle justified critisism.
Meh. At this point, I would just assume anything x.x.1 is always without animations so I'd only play something that's x.x.4. I don't like this use of versioning, but I'll just learn to work within what XLab has chosen to do.
Shrug-Joey.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
well then it's up to the dev NOT to release publicly incomplete version aka shittified product.
I don't give a rat's ass about any of what you're arguing. Either accept the way he's decided to version releases or don't. I'm not going to go in circles about this with you. This back-and-forth is beginning to contribute toward the shittification of this thread.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
I don't give a rat's ass about any of what you're arguing. Either accept the way he's decided to version releases or don't. I'm not going to go in circles about this with you. This back-and-forth is beginning to contribute toward the shittification of this thread.
It was valiant effort from your part to stifle critisism of product shittification which only contributed to the shittification of the topic. I don't care about what you give or not give rat ass about. More people should complain so that shittification happens for the first and the last time on this game.
==========================

list101

Mar 18, 2019
dev DOESN'T have to release publicly anything.
DIscontent will hopefully shape what the dev releases or not. More complains from ppl who value the game may help.
Anyways if putting up with anything works for you - that's fine, but let others complain without trying to shut them down.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It was valiant effort from your part to stifle critisism of product shittification which only contributed to the shittification of the topic. I don't care about what you give or not give rat ass about. More people should complain so that shittification happens for the first and the last time on this game.
==========================
It was a valiant effort on your part to reword exactly the same point and try to pretend like you have something new to say. I'm done with the conversation, as I already said. Please don't bother quoting me again. I'm adding you to my Ignore list because you prattle on about the same thing again and again with nothing new to say.

You clearly didn't recognize my mockery of your use of what you really badly want to be a real word. Stop trying to make "fetch" happen. Shittification is only accepted as a word in obscure places like Wiktionary (that anyone can edit, which makes it lose all credibility). It's not in any actual dictionary — Merriam-Webster, OED, Collins, or similar. I know you're in love with the word, but it just sounds ridiculous.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
It was a valiant effort on your part to reword exactly the same point and try to pretend like you have something new to say. I'm done with the conversation, as I already said. Please don't bother quoting me again. I'm adding you to my Ignore list because you prattle on about the same thing again and again with nothing new to say.

You clearly didn't recognize my mockery of your use of what you really badly want to be a real word. Stop trying to make "fetch" happen. Shittification is only accepted as a word in obscure places like Wiktionary (that anyone can edit, which makes it lose all credibility). It's not in any actual dictionary — Merriam-Webster, OED, Collins, or similar. I know you're in love with the word, but it just sounds ridiculous.
Finally you read the definition of shittification yet you used it incorrectly which tell me that you didn't understand what it means.
then you made the most useless none point to the subject. I don't know you and that's just perfect for me. I am not going to let some bully tell me what I should and should not complain about.
case closed
=======

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
DIscontent will hopefully shape what the dev releases or not. More complains from ppl who value the game may help.
Anyways if putting up with anything works for you - that's fine, but let others complain without trying to shut them down.
well dev can make releases for diff. tiers, highest gets all animations and lowest gets none or patreon version has animations but on public doesn't have.

i have played games with animations (even games where those are very basic) and w/o animations.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
OMG ... Episode 22. Huge graphic: UNFL ... United Fight Leage <--- really? S/b League. It appears that someone didn't know how to spell, because it's the same on the floor mat for the fight. DOH!!!!!

Xlab

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2018
OMG ... Episode 22. Huge graphic: UNFL ... United Fight Leage <--- really? S/b League. It appears that someone didn't know how to spell, because it's the same on the floor mat for the fight. DOH!!!!!
Aha-ha. Thanks. English is not my native language.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of Bad Hero Ep2 v2.8.4p.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you can toggle the state of the “Incest Patch” in preferences while in the main menu.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Bad Hero [Ep.2 v2.8.4p] [Xlab] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [235 MB]
- - -

Mac [203 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2.80 star(s) 77 Votes