recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Is their any update from the steam version beside this playthrough no information on the steam page beside game was added to steam on may. .....missing my katherine

View attachment 1220437 View attachment 1220438
There's a little extra added at the end, but it's essentially just the current version + most of the technical stuff from the update.
The playthrough or achievement guide is actually not correct, a lot of the steps mentionened there have nothing to do with the achievements^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aksayuk

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
First of all, I REALLY liked this particular game. I feel - felt - it was well thought out and put together, well told and - for the most part - well playable.

However -- it has now been 6 months before an update, and according to Recreation, it looks to be at least another month - if not more - before we finally move from v 0.6.0 to 0.7.0 or later. I understand he has WS to also work on - and maybe he needs that to avoid burning out from THIS game. Yet, he has also now created a steam version of the game, and STILL has not updated it past v 0.6.

Due to that - as much as I like this game and REALLY wanted to play it to its completion, I can no longer wait for him to either get his system up and running to his satisfaction - or get everything he WANTS to continue to create the game - or wait for him to get motivated by his supporters enough to finally work on finishing the game.

As I said, I REALLY like the game, but I am getting tired of games I enjoy being delayed with just about every excuse under the sun (need new system, don't like how XX is presented in renders, working on another game/project, want a Steam version to make more money - so sorry - this update is gonna have to wait until I feel like doing it, etc...)
Well, you know, you can develop your own game at a faster pace if it is so easy.

Now I'm very thrill to see the amazing game with stunning renders, fabulous story, marvelous and endearing characters, you will offer us for free, with 10h gameplay added in each monthly update.
I forgot to mention, I prefer female protagonist with pure lesbian route. But I know it's not everybody taste, so obviously it will have a MC protagonist too.
I'm so excited about this! I can't wait anymore! Please, hurry!

• Haha
Reactions: Carpe Stultus
May 26, 2018
are you a patreon of his?
As a matter of fact, no.

I refuse to support a developer who takes MORE than 5 to 6 months to update a game. The developer of "Midlife Crisis" updates every 4 to 6 months, with major content or progress within each update, , Runey, the developer of "Harem Hotel" updates close to every 6 months, again with major content or progress addition, and Killer7, who develops "My New Family" updates every 4 to 5 weeks, with a decent amount of content and/or progress each update, as well as working on a second game, "My New Memories" (which has not yet been released).

THIS developer, because of his ridiculous attempt to make the "perfect game" instead takes so fucking long to update, while working on WS (which, contrary to your opinion, I DO understand, to avoid "burn out"), that it takes too long to get a reasonable update out.

Sure, I understand he may be having hardware problems, but if he had focused on the update instead of the Steam version, maybe he would have got it out within a reasonable time. And for all of you who apparently are butt hurt by my opinion, I am sorry, but I fail to see HOW a steam game being published and posted, since it basically takes the same resources and equipment to do does NOT interfere with a simple update to a game.

And in reply to recreation who appeared to indicate that comparing HIS game to the above mentioned games, it was totally fair since they use the same Hame Engine (Renpy) with the only possible difference being the rendering engine HS compared to DAZ3D).

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
Well, you know, you can develop your own game at a faster pace if it is so easy.

Now I'm very thrill to see the amazing game with stunning renders, fabulous story, marvelous and endearing characters, you will offer us for free, with 10h gameplay added in each monthly update.
I forgot to mention, I prefer female protagonist with pure lesbian route. But I know it's not everybody taste, so obviously it will have a MC protagonist too.
I'm so excited about this! I can't wait anymore! Please, hurry!
I am very well aware that developing a game is NOT easy, but there ARE ways to make it easier, as noted in me last post regarding "midlife Crisis", "Harem Hotel", and "My New Family".

Reactions: Grelk

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
As a matter of fact, no.

I refuse to support a developer who takes MORE than 5 to 6 months to update a game. The developer of "Midlife Crisis" updates every 4 to 6 months, with major content or progress within each update, , Runey, the developer of "Harem Hotel" updates close to every 6 months, again with major content or progress addition, and Killer7, who develops "My New Family" updates every 4 to 5 weeks, with a decent amount of content and/or progress each update, as well as working on a second game, "My New Memories" (which has not yet been released).

THIS developer, because of his ridiculous attempt to make the "perfect game" instead takes so fucking long to update, while working on WS (which, contrary to your opinion, I DO understand, to avoid "burn out"), that it takes too long to get a reasonable update out.

Sure, I understand he may be having hardware problems, but if he had focused on the update instead of the Steam version, maybe he would have got it out within a reasonable time. And for all of you who apparently are butt hurt by my opinion, I am sorry, but I fail to see HOW a steam game being published and posted, since it basically takes the same resources and equipment to do does NOT interfere with a simple update to a game.

And in reply to recreation who appeared to indicate that comparing HIS game to the above mentioned games, it was totally fair since they use the same Hame Engine (Renpy) with the only possible difference being the rendering engine HS compared to DAZ3D).
Are you serious? I haven't seen any "Major Updates" from Runey in ages... Killer7's updates are bigger than that and he needs a LOT less time for his updates. Seriously if I know anything about HS, then it's that you DON'T need as much time for an update as some devs want you to believe.
Also, renpy isn't a game engine, it's not much more than a code base with compiler. You're comparing apples with oranges here. Using HS or Daz DOES make a huge difference though.
Also you might want to read my last answer to you again, as I said the steam release didn't really influence the update, and why would it? The only thing I had to do is read a few docs, setting up the page (texts and images), and upload the game and except the first point, all of that was already existing.
There's an old saying in my country: "If you don't know what you're talking about..." I'm not going to type that out, but maybe you want to gather some facts before you make such comparisons and assumptions.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
recreation I have seen this guy whining in a lot of threads, he is a massive TROLL.

Runey with HS coming out after 6 months is OK but a DAZ game taking 6 months, he shits mouth and spews. Complete nonsense.
Yep...

I'm not around this thread that much, I just check in every once in awhile since I don't really see the point in discussing plots into the ground. Love the fact that recreation has "refined" the game so that whiney bitches like myself can avoid molesting Katherine (I don't see how the MC can just "know" that she likes that when he first does it, whatever, different topic) even at the loss of some sexy time. Regardless, I can't see why someone can say they are fine with waiting 6 months for an update on an HS game but can't stand to wait 6-7 for a beautifully rendered Daz game. I can't say that my talents lie in any art forms but I can recognize that Daz is not exactly simple. I appreciate everything that devs have to do in order to make things look good and I appreciate Rec a wee bit more because they were nice enough to create tutorials/etc that proved to me that I don't have the temperament to use Daz3D. LOL. I think I'll stick to writing games and randomly showing up and sharing my unsolicited opinion. ;)

May 26, 2018
Are you serious? I haven't seen any "Major Updates" from Runey in ages... Killer7's updates are bigger than that and he needs a LOT less time for his updates. Seriously if I know anything about HS, then it's that you DON'T need as much time for an update as some devs want you to believe.
Also, renpy isn't a game engine, it's not much more than a code base with compiler. You're comparing apples with oranges here. Using HS or Daz DOES make a huge difference though.
Also you might want to read my last answer to you again, as I said the steam release didn't really influence the update, and why would it? The only thing I had to do is read a few docs, setting up the page (texts and images), and upload the game and except the first point, all of that was already existing.
There's an old saying in my country: "If you don't know what you're talking about..." I'm not going to type that out, but maybe you want to gather some facts before you make such comparisons and assumptions.
Being a regular supporter of Runey and Harem Hotel, he puts out more updates than you have in the "limited" time you have been developing THIS game (and yes, they have been major, significant updates with substantial content and progress within the game, unlike yours).

Yes, HS and DAZ ARE different in the amount of time needed to render for a game, and having reviewed games over the past 10 + years, Methinks I know what I am speaking of. While I have not developed any games meself, I have dealt with developers, reviewed games and worked quality control for long enough that I am quite confident that I have SOME idea of what it takes to develop and publish a game.

And while I admit and recognize that working a second game MAY help in avoiding burning out on a game (case in point, Killer7 with "My New Family", with him also working on "My New Memories"), publishing the game at or near the same time as your first game, BEFORE it gets significantly into its progress cannot HELP but interfere in the original game you began creating.

And sorry, posting and publishing on Steam takes a bit more work than you are hinting at with your "read a few docs, set up the page (text and images) and upload the game". There is also making sure it will meld with most of the Operating Systems, follow the required protocols in assembly (whichever "language you use") and making sure all of the bugs are out of your online game, No offense, but with the bugs in the "offline game" you have been working on, I am sure that there were, if not are, bugs in the online game.

Plus the fact you have made much of how the online game was changed "slightly" from the game here with "minor added content or changed content" not in this game being in the online game. Which means, you NOW have to spend time making sure you do not mix up online game from offline game. And believe me, I have had many developers tell me how much of a pain THAT can be. So, while I Applaud you for your ambition, Methinks you overextended yourself and now the game here (as well as WS will suffer from

1) lack of interest and

2)exceptionally long waits between updates.

Having seen that both here and elsewhere, is it any wonder I have such a lack of faith in you finishing this game in ANY sort of timely manner or not just abandoning the offline game? As many developers, both new and experienced, who have failed to actually deliver on their games(and sure, I understand they owe us nothing, but when they START a game, it is implied they will finish it with reliable and timely updates),I just follow the trend they set, and the pattern they set along time ago, in figuring out which are either failed games/developers, or scams.

May 26, 2018
recreation I have seen this guy whining in a lot of threads, he is a massive TROLL.

Runey with HS coming out after 6 months is OK but a DAZ game taking 6 months, he shits mouth and spews. Complete nonsense.
Funny, Killer7 is using DAZ, and updates every 4 to 5 months. At first, he was using HS, but as I understand it, he is now using DAZ for the better renders.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Being a regular supporter of Runey and Harem Hotel, he puts out more updates than you have in the "limited" time you have been developing THIS game (and yes, they have been major, significant updates with substantial content and progress within the game, unlike yours).

Yes, HS and DAZ ARE different in the amount of time needed to render for a game, and having reviewed games over the past 10 + years, Methinks I know what I am speaking of. While I have not developed any games meself, I have dealt with developers, reviewed games and worked quality control for long enough that I am quite confident that I have SOME idea of what it takes to develop and publish a game.

And while I admit and recognize that working a second game MAY help in avoiding burning out on a game (case in point, Killer7 with "My New Family", with him also working on "My New Memories"), publishing the game at or near the same time as your first game, BEFORE it gets significantly into its progress cannot HELP but interfere in the original game you began creating.

And sorry, posting and publishing on Steam takes a bit more work than you are hinting at with your "read a few docs, set up the page (text and images) and upload the game". There is also making sure it will meld with most of the Operating Systems, follow the required protocols in assembly (whichever "language you use") and making sure all of the bugs are out of your online game, No offense, but with the bugs in the "offline game" you have been working on, I am sure that there were, if not are, bugs in the online game.

Plus the fact you have made much of how the online game was changed "slightly" from the game here with "minor added content or changed content" not in this game being in the online game. Which means, you NOW have to spend time making sure you do not mix up online game from offline game. And believe me, I have had many developers tell me how much of a pain THAT can be. So, while I Applaud you for your ambition, Methinks you overextended yourself and now the game here (as well as WS will suffer from

1) lack of interest and

2)exceptionally long waits between updates.

Having seen that both here and elsewhere, is it any wonder I have such a lack of faith in you finishing this game in ANY sort of timely manner or not just abandoning the offline game? As many developers, both new and experienced, who have failed to actually deliver on their games(and sure, I understand they owe us nothing, but when they START a game, it is implied they will finish it with reliable and timely updates),I just follow the trend they set, and the pattern they set along time ago, in figuring out which are either failed games/developers, or scams.
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
There IS no online game, on steam is the exact same game, I've ONLY added some of the stuff that was done already, when the update is finished it will be exactly the same you'll find here. I have no idea where you got your information from, but they're obviously wrong.
Also I DON'T (and I have never) released updates for both games at the same time or even nearly the same time, what are you even talking about? I work on and release one update for one game, then work on and release the update for the other game.
Also also, K7's main focus is his HS game and not the Daz game, so it's the complete opposite from what I do.

And lastly, if you REALLY think there's more content in HH's updates than in my updates, then I have nothing more to tell you, sorry, but that's simply blind fanboyism.

May 26, 2018
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
There IS no online game, on steam is the exact same game, I've ONLY added some of the stuff that was done already, when the update is finished it will be exactly the same you'll find here. I have no idea where you got your information from, but they're obviously wrong.
Also I DON'T (and I have never) released updates for both games at the same time or even nearly the same time, what are you even talking about? I work on and release one update for one game, then work on and release the update for the other game.
Also also, K7's main focus is his HS game and not the Daz game, so it's the complete opposite from what I do.

And lastly, if you REALLY think there's more content in HH's updates than in my updates, then I have nothing more to tell you, sorry, but that's simply blind fanboyism.
Sorry, but Steam is an online gaming platform. I DO know what I am talking about since I DO play some games on Steam.You cannot play a game unless you pay a fee, therefore it is an online gaming platform. And I got that DIRECTLY FROM STEAM. It identifies as an ONLINE GAMING PLATFORM, With ONLINE games.

And Killer7 may work on one game at a time, yet he is basically doing the exact same thing as you, and STILL manages to put out weekly updates to his supporters, with monthly updates to everyone else. Not to mention approximately weekly updates for his game progress on the one he has yet to publish.

EDIT: (11 June 2021)Not that I really care, but people reading this particular post should at least read ALL my posts (the last ones) before responding with like, facepalm, whatever. You will find that I have been - somewhat - corrected regarding me own opinions and persuaded to give the developer - and the game - more of a chance as well as more time.

Last edited:

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Sorry that I have to step in here, but I'll try to summarize it:

I can post weekly updates for My New Family because I'm using honey select. Writing stuff for My New Family takes more time than to make renders for it - I need 3 or 4 days of writing to finish one ingame day but only need ~8 hours of making renders to make the renders for that day.

Now that I'm working on a daz game I can see the difference. I need a few days to write stuff for my daz game but I need AT LEAST (!) two weeks to make the renders for one ingame day. And that is with two pcs, one with a 3090 and one with a RTX titan.

That is the big difference here. Rec released the update for Weird Shit pretty fast because it's a HS game, renders don't take much time at all. Now Bad Memories is Daz and you see how much time it takes for me to make renders with TWO beefy pcs. Rec only has one pc and he also makes a ton more animations than I do, so of course it will take longer. Take into effect that one of his GPUS broke...Well, that just delays stuff even furher.

May 26, 2018
Sorry that I have to step in here, but I'll try to summarize it:

I can post weekly updates for My New Family because I'm using honey select. Writing stuff for My New Family takes more time than to make renders for it - I need 3 or 4 days of writing to finish one ingame day but only need ~8 hours of making renders to make the renders for that day.

Now that I'm working on a daz game I can see the difference. I need a few days to write stuff for my daz game but I need AT LEAST (!) two weeks to make the renders for one ingame day. And that is with two pcs, one with a 3090 and one with a RTX titan.

That is the big difference here. Rec released the update for Weird Shit pretty fast because it's a HS game, renders don't take much time at all. Now Bad Memories is Daz and you see how much time it takes for me to make renders with TWO beefy pcs. Rec only has one pc and he also makes a ton more animations than I do, so of course it will take longer. Take into effect that one of his GPUS broke...Well, that just delays stuff even furher.
Knowing you, Killer7, and knowing your reputation, I will accept this and no longer comment on this game.

I will also extend me apologies, if he will accept them, to recreation for me misunderstandings regarding me comments.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 201 Votes